Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:52:36 AM

I don't participate in any ICO that requires KYC. It is very risky to provide your personal information to an unknown person that you just met online. Even though that you will gain some profit from the ICO they are promoting, the risk of your account will be exploited and will be hack is higher. Which means that you will lost more than what you earned in that ICO. I am staying away from ICO that requires KYC to protect my personal information. Hope this will be a lesson to everyone. My friend MEW has been hacked, we are not sure if it is because of the ICO he joined with KYC requirement.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
belalangsembah

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:15:05 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

yes i join the bounty with KYC . the icos with KYC requirments a big chance to make the ICO become successful. 

I just hope the project companies and developers protect the identity of investors as the way they promise usually do it and will not be used for other purposes. But what if the coin becomes a shitcoin, knowing the fact that I am giving the identity to a shitcoin puchase will continue to bother me. If it's really a good project that has a bursting tendency like bitcoin does, I would not mind giving my identity to buy it.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:21:09 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
If you want to participate in ICO you have to prepare KYC because there are some countries that prohibit ICO then with KYC they can know where you live and regulation ICOs in that country, but for airdrop better not to submit our identity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:21:32 AM

It's only my third time joining in bounty campaigns and I never found out any ICOs that requires KYC. Actually, I heard it last time when my dorm mate told me that there's a bounty campaign that requires KYC which made me think that maybe they are all just want to make sure and know the identity of their employees. Well, If I am in the situation, I will definitely join in an ICO that requires KYC especially if this is the most amazing ICO in the year 2018.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:47:08 AM

now, im no longer join ICO who need KYC, because cryptocurrency should be anonymous and will remain that way, but policy of KYC policy like this will make it difficult for people to participate because our data data is in the hands of others who are very vulnerable to abuse.

last time, i've even almost get tricked by ICO, that was the reason why im not longer join on ICO that needs KYC

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:03:50 AM

I almost joined in one signature bounty campaign, I'm glad I came back to check the rules again when I saw that they are doing KYC, after that I immediately take out my signature and avatar, I will not join any KYC backed ICO even if the project is good or profitable.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 05:23:11 AM

Yes, I would join it for sure! and I don't see any reason why shouldn't we join it and I think asking KYC as a mandatory option is a good thing for them and ours too. Because if there is any problem in future then they can track the database and get the problem solved either online or offline. I have joined many ICO projects where i was asked for KYC like Pancard, and Passport. I wouldn't mind joining any ICO projects especially if it is related to the Real estate or Finance sector even now in 2018.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Tsar Bomba

Activity: 211

BountyHunter|AirdropHunter|Pretty Girl Hunter

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:27:30 AM

I'm not 100% pro KYC but it's okay with me though as long as I can make sure that a project is probably 80% legit. Besides, KYC defeats the purpose of decentralization, and also I  don't like those KYC that ask for a bank statement. I mean, duh!? Seriously!? A bank statement? Always be careful when joining ICO's with KYC guys.  Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:17:45 AM

Yes, I joined ICO using KYC system. In my opinion, the KYC system has a positive and negative view. Positive: by using KYC system hence the element of fraud done by participant have slightly decreased, meaning the seriousness of participation have been seen by sending personal data. But the negative: The KYC system by requesting personal data has a great chance to be used as an element of violence, such as terrorism.
We hope that personal data can be used for positive things.

You're right. Probably, sending any kinds of our documents to pas KYC make doubt of some people and needs some consideration. I also sometimes join ICO with KYC. It seems like to feel worried when sending my ID to them. But, when the ICO is clear, Legal, and they have agreement and rule to keep our ID privately and will not use any kinds of negative things, why not. We can trust them and join more ICO even with KYC.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:47:42 AM

Yeah, KYC violates anonymity and many ICO does not warn in advance. In such case I'm keep away.
HeidiluPalmer

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:02:07 AM

i think the ico with kyc is more reliable
piececake24

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:13:05 AM

KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. I just participated in the zilliqa and many other icos. And I told you about from zilliqa i got almost 25x return from my initial investment.
It's really worth if you are choosing best ico. Never try to invest in those icos that was running by unknown person. This time Helbiz looks good ico to participate too.

not all the people will know what was the promising ICO will and as far as i know many ICO's are looking good but in the end in ended up as scam so for me as far as you know what you are doing you can go for it but if you know the risk you will be more cautious and careful when joining ICO's that require to participate on KYC
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:33:19 AM

Doing KYC is not bad but so many ICO now used it to an extent, of not paying hunters at the end of the bounty. At least my country is not restricted from cryptocurrency so there's no need for me to hide my identity besides its for the interest of investors and the promoters .
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:39:32 AM

I only join selected ICOs that require KYC, since there is always some risk involved. I don’t mean the risk of the ICO selling your data since there are strict rules against it. What I mean is the threat of the company getting hacked. So I only join ICOs with KYC that have a good team behind the project and where I would also invest myself.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:44:00 AM

I don't usually participate in ICOs especially when it requires KYC for their bounty participants. I found it risky to send your personal information because of identity theft and it might be used in crimes in which your name will be involved.

alrez

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:39:42 PM

no, I have to be very careful in following the airdrop in need of kyc, in fact I often avoid kyc. because I do not want they know my personal information.
JonathanSix

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:50:11 PM

Yeah, this is outrageous and goes against any crypto manifesto but there is nothing we can do, if you want to participate in ICO. However, if KYC had been decentralized, it would have kept our private documents safe. I saw Selfkey project is building a decentralized KYC platform and I even noticed a few ICOs that used their services already.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:14:01 PM

Doing KYC is not bad but so many ICO now used it to an extent, of not paying hunters at the end of the bounty. At least my country is not restricted from cryptocurrency so there's no need for me to hide my identity besides its for the interest of investors and the promoters .

Yeah, same here buddy. As what I did I joined those ICO required KYC in order that the ICO want that their participants are not scammers at they are dedicated to be part on their project.

Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:18:08 PM

Me, I dont join ICO with KYC. Actually ICO managers or developers are quite wise these days. They only requires KYC after the ICO or before they give your coins. They dont announce KYC at the beginning, but they do at the end. KYC is good if your data will be treated with high confidentiality and the ICO is legit. But if it is not, then problem will arise.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
Luxoin86

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

Yeah, this is outrageous and goes against any crypto manifesto but there is nothing we can do, if you want to participate in ICO. However, if KYC had been decentralized, it would have kept our private documents safe. I saw Selfkey project is building a decentralized KYC platform and I even noticed a few ICOs that used their services already.

I am with you, man. Got Selfkey and sure it will fix KYC and improve privacy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: