Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:25:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a daily currency???  (Read 1130 times)
The Golden Boy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 06:18:33 PM

I have recently written an article about the possibility of Bitcoin becoming currency we will use on daily basis.  so now I want to ask the question do you think we will see if it can be used as a daily currency???  or do you think it will be more like gold a good store of value???
My own personal hope is that we will see cryptocurrencies develop into currencies we will use on a daily basis.  in my opinion, bitcoin will be a good place to start due to the mainstream knowledge about Bitcoin,  but I do not think it's the best-suited kind for daily use and I believe we have a long way to go before it is a viable alternative to Fiat currencies for the majority of people.

For inspirational purposes, I have included my article
https://cryptoms.online/2018/02/27/will-bitcoin-become-a-daliy-currency/
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:24:12 PM

No, it is just used now as a store of value, and for trading to make money. It cannot be used in daily life because of confirmation speed etc. It will take time for daily currency usage.
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:26:10 PM

I believe one day it will go back to being a currency as it first was. From currency>store of value>currency is the progression that I think Bitcoin deserves, although I don't know if it will happen or not. The only reason it become store of value is because of all the people who were looking to make a good buck. Once they either get shaken out, or learn about the tech it should get adopted in its proper form, again although I don't know if that will ever happen or not. One can hope though, and I will be hoping the rest of my life it becomes currency. Smiley

longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:28:37 PM

I have recently written an article about the possibility of Bitcoin becoming currency we will use on daily basis.  so now I want to ask the question do you think we will see if it can be used as a daily currency???  or do you think it will be more like gold a good store of value???
My own personal hope is that we will see cryptocurrencies develop into currencies we will use on a daily basis.  in my opinion, bitcoin will be a good place to start due to the mainstream knowledge about Bitcoin,  but I do not think it's the best-suited kind for daily use and I believe we have a long way to go before it is a viable alternative to Fiat currencies for the majority of people.

For inspirational purposes, I have included my article
https://cryptoms.online/2018/02/27/will-bitcoin-become-a-daliy-currency/

I don't know about bitcoin, but there will be some crypto currency that will become used on daily basis. Only problem is volatility which doesn't allow for that atm. But once that currency is more widespread, that won't be that much of the problem anymore.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
leath08

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

I agree i see Bitcoin more as a store of value, rather than a currency.
I know this is not its intended use, but it seems to be that way.
I believe the other coins will be more suited as use of currency
partysumo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:35:44 PM

Bitcoin is pretty much settled as a commodity now. I think a paradigm shift is going to be needed for it to become a daily currency. You have to also keep in mind that the current infrastructure behind bitcoin does not allow it to become a daily currency, due to scalability issues.

Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 06:39:46 PM

It has the potential to become a daily use currency in fact that's kind of the whole point of it, whether it will become one however is mostly up to luck/fate/circumstance. If it gains mainstream use and approval by majority of governments it can easily become a mainstream currency used daily(some countries already essentially use it as a a daily currency).

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:42:35 PM

Yes the high volatile of bitcoin did not match for daily basis or it seems you mean that digital money replace to a paper money,
the best asset now in bitcoin is being profitability in the market when you invested here. Not by paying transactions i think this currency is not deserving for bitcoin to have payment, because of the delayed time maybe that's not enough for now to used. But who know's bitcoin was fully develop by the owner maybe we can used that in future.
Cofee mix

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Assignments Trading Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:43:19 PM

I was agree if bitcoin into the daily, if only bitcoin into the daily surely our lives that mengunakan bitcoin will be easier, but it is impossible if bitcoin. Be money daily because not everyone in this world could mengunakan bitcoin, just adults who understand bitcoin children must not know what it was bitcoin, so it might very impossible if bitcoin could be the daily.

ZIGGURAT ICO ▮ BE PART OF THE FUTURE ▮ ZIGGURAT ICO
ICO Start: Nov, 20, 2017 ▮▮ ICO Duration: 150 days
TwitteInstagram[Early Bird Bonus]100% to 1%[Amount Bonus]FacebookReddit
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:53:03 PM

Perhaps it would be true that bitcoin is a country's everyday crypto currency but I think it's going to be a long time and i think it would not happen. it's not possible because it's so much confusing and wondering why the bitcoin will be our currency.
PEllis

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Given this was the original aim outlined in the bitcoin white paper written by satoshi I think its important for this to be on the agenda. Bitcoin has had serious scaling issues thats has made it flat out impossible to use as a daily currency. I think lighting network can help this. But I do believe even the lightning network is only a temporary stop gap because even the lightning network has its limitations. I think at the moment there is a struggle between bitcoin being a daily currency and bitcoin as a store of value and id say bitcoin as a store of value is winning at the moment and if this continues the chances of bitcoin becoming a daily currency reduces because who wants to spend there money on something when the next day your buying power might be double. For it to become a true means of transaction I think bitcoin needs to discover its true value which is by no means an easy process. Gold has been traded for thousands of years and still fluctuates. Only once people are convinced the days of 10/15/20% daily gains are over people will be more comfortable using it as daily currency
warrior333

Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:04:45 PM

Bitcoin cannot be a currency for everyday use. For many users, it is a source of income and a form of capital savings. For some, bitcoin is the authorized capital for trading on the stock exchange. For other bitcoins, it is a Deposit that brings a stable income. If tomorrow bitcoin will be accepted in any store I am sure that people will keep their coins and make purchases only for Fiat.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:11:46 PM

I don't think that bitcoin is ever going to become a daily currency like fiats. The fees for the transfer is really high plus it take a lot of time to get transactions confirmed, it's highly volatile and I don't think that any country will accept it as a currency.

bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:11:51 PM

No, bitcoin won't become THE trading currency. It was first, that is why it is being traded the most. Bitcoin is also being used to buy altcoins and as a note, bitcoin lost a huge market share in 2017. With regulations enforced this year, bitcoin will lose dominance, probably when the U.S. and EU enforce taxes and penalize those who didn't pay, by utilizing Chain-Analysis techniques to identify transactions and IP logs from ISPs.

After all this, an altcoin will dethrone bitcoin for a while then it will be replaced by another and this cycle will continue for a while until some altcoins establish dominance.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
trumper

Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:14:23 PM

Bitcoin cannot be a currency for everyday use. For many users, it is a source of income and a form of capital savings. For some, bitcoin is the authorized capital for trading on the stock exchange. For other bitcoins, it is a Deposit that brings a stable income. If tomorrow bitcoin will be accepted in any store I am sure that people will keep their coins and make purchases only for Fiat.

I agree with you, another cryptocurrency can be daily currency but bitcoin is less likely to become such currency, and I think that, in its nature is not for that kind of daily currency

ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:17:21 PM

No that is not gonna happen i think , it is only used to buy altcoins or used to hold some value.
There will be some better coins that give incentive to spend instead of to hold.

mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:28:06 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will ever replace fiat currency for daily transaction medium, because there are a lot of aspects to be agreed and bitcoin itself would need an institutional backing, I mean legally to control all of it's economy aspects. And that only would against bitcoin's main purpose to be decentralized and also anonymous in every transaction.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Serdaldal

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:31:14 PM

Bitcoin can be used as a daily currency even now, but as paper money, of course you may need a long time to be able to do it, but I believe in the future we can see.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
savushkinTA

Activity: 192

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:44:45 PM

Maby not but it is us who is laying the groundwork for a possible cryptocurrency future.
boss@laway

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:50:01 PM

If growing adoption as a currency can’t justify Bitcoin’s rapid appreciation, what can? Many enthusiasts have started to promote the idea of Bitcoin as a store of value. In economics, this is usually defined along the lines of “an item that people can use to transfer purchasing power from the present to the future”. In simple terms, it’s somewhere safe to invest your wealth that won’t lose its worth over time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: