Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DO YOU BUY WHEN THE PRICE DROPS SHARPLY ?  (Read 3980 times)
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:40:44 PM

Well, it's similar on my strategy, I'll buy coins when my goal prices will reach. One of my strategies are buying more than 3 coins to make more profit and stop losing my investment. I'm a hodler, I bought coins this year and my selling goal is next year.
It's always the matter of managing bankroll , otherwise you won't get any benefit even much more losses you'll get then , becareful really it could always be a boomerang for anyone who do this.
Sometimes I feel it's better to cut the loss in this kind situation rather than keep buying due it's higher risk. Rebuy it later on the bull moments , safer and much more comfortable especially if you are a newcomer ... Buying on drop trends could be considered as a dangerous action.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
piterpie

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:44:22 PM

Good day, mates.

My strategy is to buy coins when the price drops sharply.

Sometimes I fail, because the price drops more than I expected.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

With this strategy, I am getting some money so far.

In conclusion, I recommend you guys to buy coins when they drops rapidly.
After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool
Usually, I would invest a small amount to buy any coin. If the original coin caused me to lose 5-10%, then I would Use more money to continue purchasing this coin
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:53:28 PM

waiting until the drop hits a resistance level of any kind. 1h to 4h chart resistance. then a buy is possible.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:36:22 PM

Yes, I just buy the altcoins which drops sharply, but it depends of the altcoins that I like to buy which are potential altcoins so that I earn profit for sure. 
I have been in the market for sometimes now and I see it a good decision to buy when the values are down. I buy Bitcoin and ETH when the market is red. These crypto both the top ones have been giving great returns lately and are still expected to cross a good value in the ongoing year. Whenever there is a jump in the values, it attracts more and more people and this rises the prices more and the trend goes on.
EugeneReigns

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:24:01 PM

This is one of the strategies I stick to. I split my trading funds into two parts. The one part of my assets I trade daily when the market is going well. When the market goes down and starts a continuous correction. I stop trading my primary assets and convert it to fiat or Tether. When the market is down for 2-3 days I start buying with my secondary assets.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:52:15 AM

Well , they say never buy in top neither when it is on bottom , because if you are not sure it is the bottom it can goes deeper!
2 points are not very stable , very top and very bottom , between those would have less risk .

I can rely in thia one because possibilities may happen so we cannot say that if the price is down the price will get up some of the coins when they gets down they will going to crash much more that leads for the coin to be dead. So never buy those coins that are not that ild in this thing because new coins are not that strong enough to handle such a downfall. Just when they pump a little higher then that is the time to go because that is for sure will gp up again
Xtez

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:55:17 AM

I really love to buy when i see 2-3-4 red candle on 30-1h graphs after 3-4 red candle and backuping price , its easy give me about 10-20% profit in day traiding , but its only working when markets goes down very hard.

I like this idea.

I personally track on percentages and check what i could potentially make

---Looking for new Campaign---
idex100

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:00:41 AM

Some times buying immediately after a sharp fall may be dangerous,the sharp fall may have been occasioned by security concerns in which case it make little sense to buy into such project.Imagine a hacker gaining access,hacks the token and create more tokens and starts selling,that will plunge the price sharply and render the tkens almost worthless.One should always check before making any purchase.There is always a reason for sharp drop in price and it is usually a fundamental one
FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:31:24 AM

When the price drops sharply, Ill go for it, This is the only way for me to earn good profit, Take the chance today because it will be hard to find by tomorrow. Crypto's are potentially profitable, Its a matter of wise selection of coin. Make an effort to research about alt coins and everything goes well.Smiley
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:45:38 PM

Yes good idea, just a informative buy low sell high, this is good to make less falied in your trade buying in a sharply down thread. Well there is no coin or altcoins which continuing and remain at the bottom. In crypto currency there is always high and down trend so buying at down will bot sesult to losses mayve if scam coin you got

MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:40:57 PM

When the price drops sharply, Ill go for it, This is the only way for me to earn good profit, Take the chance today because it will be hard to find by tomorrow. Crypto's are potentially profitable, Its a matter of wise selection of coin. Make an effort to research about alt coins and everything goes well.Smiley
People feel reluctant while the price is dropping, they do not know the dept for which the price can drop, therefore they try their best not to put their money in such an uncertain situation, but will try to invest their money once the price again show some potential and start increasing, so i would also like to invest money in such situation when i become confident about the market and increasing trend of the price.
Limar0

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:18:01 PM

Yes you are exactly correct.That is what usually investors or every individual do to buy more coins during the dip.That strategy is good for both day traders and long term investors.You really can gain profit through this but again choose wisely would still apply in an investment.Do research and verify if the coins you'll be buying shows signs of future success to avoid big losses.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:26:44 PM

Buying when THE PRICE DROPS SHARPLY is the right situation we don't need to do a price analysis in this case.

Just drops sharply means "wait a sec" for me. Just buy it without know or wont to know next movement is bad action. Before buy we should do some TA to know where the next price will be, if its still can going down them wait for it and make a bid

True, this way is a great way to trade, very wise if everyone does this way. But if the price is clearly showing a sharp decline, I think we do not need to do TA.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:33:22 PM

Maybe it is a coincidence because your strategy is like mine. And I still following this strategy in trades. I like to increase coins than ETH. That's why I buy when the market deep down, but I keep 40-50% in my hand to buy again. Now I am following this trading method in XPAT coin.

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:56:18 PM

I agree with this.
But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

Part by a section which has been anticipated this will certainly making you professional and profitable. Usually most beginners are 'still difficult' to do this, they just buy buy and buy, when prices are low until the money runs out without thinking.

Cryptogenes

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:58:47 PM

Buying at low prices is the best strategy to  use in crypto to get more profit. In crypto trading, you are always concerned with how high a coin rises and how low it drops. I always prefer to sell when a coin rises sharply and then buy back when the price drops. This is a good strategy that always makes me stay in the crypto game .
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:02:33 PM

Yes but i think first before buying the dip. I don't want to make a bad move in buying at low price. I always experience before when i saw the dip i always entered quickly thinking the price won't go much lower then it happens and the only to leverage my investment is to buy even more at low but it comes with a great risk because it might not comeback again at high price. I just trade only with money that i can lose,

dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:09:26 PM

Nice strategy you got there, actually it is the most natural strategy used by a normal traders (buy low and sell high). And by having a certain amount of money to buy it is likely to increase the chance of having better returns.

Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:41:50 PM

Nice strategy you got there, actually it is the most natural strategy used by a normal traders (buy low and sell high). And by having a certain amount of money to buy it is likely to increase the chance of having better returns.
When the price drops low the panic prevails among the common users. The large volume holders without fear try to buy as much making use of the dip, because they know it'll grow or else they can manipulate according their necessity.
goyald2801

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:14:07 AM

perfect thinking , sharp dip can be bought always as after coin definitely pump back to original or little bit less price .
but one more thing i want to say sharp dip can be happen also bcoz of scam coin or exposed by someone else or arrested/exposed by legal authorities like SEC . so in such cases we should not buy these coins even if it sharp dip .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: