Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DO YOU BUY WHEN THE PRICE DROPS SHARPLY ?  (Read 3980 times)
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:01:30 PM

Good day, mates.

My strategy is to buy coins when the price drops sharply.

Sometimes I fail, because the price drops more than I expected.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

With this strategy, I am getting some money so far.

In conclusion, I recommend you guys to buy coins when they drops rapidly.
After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool

Your strategy is good when buying at price dip but it is not applicable to all altcoins in the market. There are altcoins that goes drop rapidly because the dev abandoned the project. We always need a lot of research and analysis when buying an altcoins and trading an altcoins to prevent major loss Cheesy

litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:35:24 PM

Good day, mates.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.

All the business ethics deals with this point. Not only its's your strategy to buy coins when the price drops, everyone will think in think in this same manner only.

Your strategy should not be very vague only on the on price drop, its all depends upon the type of coin you deal with. Before you are buying a coin you should know all the ups and downs and all the wise knowledge about it.

No one can predict till how much the price will drop exactly, if it drops more than what you bought then you are lucky go ahead and invest some more and if it rise then you are more lucky that you made a profit over it.
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:38:56 PM

Good day, mates.

It is a good strategy but only,when it goes right.Trading in sharp fall is done by many traders but they have lots of experience and knowledge about every coin.If coin that you have chosen faces a crash which is unexpected than what will you do.People who do this kind of trading has to have a good idea of where a market is going right now and this you can get by closely observing the trends of the coins.Soo my advice would be to play safe and if you want to trade like this than please acquire healthy knowledge about every coin.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:55:00 PM

Good day, mates.

Agree with you and your strategy look's like martiangle money management, only fit for people with big money and have patience. Most people doesn't like martiangle because not have big money but just because they can't or wrong calculate percentage from their capital. Other wise, some of them take the wrong coin to invest/ trade. Next month I'll try this strategy because I have enough capital and know how to calculate. thank you for your post. 

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:23:10 PM

I take my time studying the market carefully before buying, and before this step I take good time to choose the coins or tokens to trade firstly. I am not forced always to wait until the price drop down to buy, sometimes I buy with the actual rates whenever I feel convinced that the coin have a promising potential.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 07:10:52 PM

Well, the drop of the coin should NOT be the only reason for you to buy it. Of course, now your strategy can work, but sooner or later you will just fail if you do not learn how to analyze the market. But there are always some exceptions, and if we are talking about Bitcoin or Etherium your rule can be applied, though this cryptocurrencies are not likely to give you x10 profit.

muncuss

Activity: 656
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:58:50 PM

Well, the drop of the coin should NOT be the only reason for you to buy it. Of course, now your strategy can work, but sooner or later you will just fail if you do not learn how to analyze the market. But there are always some exceptions, and if we are talking about Bitcoin or Etherium your rule can be applied, though this cryptocurrencies are not likely to give you x10 profit.
If it continue to drop then i just sell and buy back at lower price, then i have more quantity. but this is only applied to good coin

ramzhies

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:20:20 PM

i only do this for respectable coins, coz there's a chance of peaking and recovery. but for some alts, do it with caution, coz not all alts after reaching their peak (pumped), they remained at the bottom and still no signs of reversing.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:50:54 PM

I do such when I see the prospect of the coin especially when I have sold off at very higher price and expecting a fall, I will wait to reenter again. Therefore, I catch in the trade immediately I see the sharp drop because I want to follow the move up again.
kolitski

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:09:48 PM

Im always looking price drops because that is my chance to buy several coins with their potential to increase and that's why you earn profit from your buying, not all the time when your favorite coins will drop sharply if that is happen grab the opportunity to buy.

theunbeatable

Activity: 546
Merit: 258

I could either watch it happen or be a part of it

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:32:23 PM

Good day, mates.

This is not possible in all coins, I think I'll lose, and I don't have that much money to invest like that. A 30% dip is possible but a 30% bounce of prices is hard to achieve. Goss strategy but you need to be really full time on this one. The situation of the market is a lot worse than last year I think. It is much easier to buy which are the potential coins last year.

I only trade BTC now, I don't have much trust on the new alts these days.
aceptamosbitcoin2

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:42:39 PM

ATTENTION

the user aceptamosbitcoin stole the user account in this forum.

You are using my name account.

I am already taking the necessary steps to be able to recover my account again.

Please ignore your comments or your signature is a scam.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:21:15 AM

Well I do believe in bitcoin technology, and potencial, so for me that is a good investment strategy. I mean, if I believe in it's value, and the price drops, then it's like getting them on sale, so of course I buy if I can. From a trading perspective, and with the focus being just on the profit, then I would say that's a risky strategy. There are very good rebounds on crypto, but don't forget we are still in a bull market. Not as exuberant as it was in the last months of 2017, but still a bull market. So those bounces still work. If we ever get in a bear market, then the price fall more that it would rise, and you would not manage to make profit.

If you are in it for the long run, then go for it. If you are in for the short term, then you must be carefully analyze all your entries as the days go buy.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

sachdientugoogle

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:17:19 AM

If you consider the fact that a digital currency might make a jump forward sometime in the near future, Bitcoin’s features can make some believe that it will be a main cryptocurrency for the following reasons. First of all, Bitcoin is the currency of the internet and unlike real money, Bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever. Second, for this reason, it is more resistant to wild inflation and corrupt banks.
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:46:39 AM

But it is not applicable for all the coins many altcoins will fail to recover if the price fall is huge so it is also risky too,I will invest on the coins which price was stable because these coins can give good profits in long term with low risks.

What coin is stable mate? I never found one of stable coin during i am here.
All coin remain high volatile, not unless bitcoin too. So all people should know this.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:33:59 AM

Good day, mates.

That would be a long HOLD before you own a sufficient return and is so much risky. I once did it before, and due to no assurance that I will earn a profit that I can say sufficient enough, I switch to another coin with a price gradually increasing and it's all worth it. And after few months I look back to the first coin I once bought, and I'm glad I made a perfect decision.   Cool

Sometimes, not all coins that drops sharply is beneficial through time. We should also make a RESEARCH first and don't just follow are own-made patterns. I proved it myself, a much higher percent of time and risk is associated on that kind of strategy. Always be careful!
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:40:48 AM

The good way to do it if you buy at the current support level, in case it breaks the support level then it will surely drop sharply. then you accumulate more the coins, and keeps repeating that. Personally, I have been tried that strategy, and mostly work. But actually its really bad, if we aim for a short or a medium-term position. That strategy will lead us to long-term if the price didn't come back up sooner. We better to buy coins at a support level, and put a stop losses order below the support level, if a coins tip the support level probably there is a chance the price will rising a bit.
sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:56:12 AM

It depends on the coin whether it is worth to invest in or not. If the coin has no potential then I would most probably not invest in it but if the coin has potential then I would look how low the price has gone from the past few weeks. I would understand the charts and predict how much the price would increase in future and then wait for the right moment to buy the dip. I wont put in all my money but rather invest a small amount so that I could buy more if it dips again.

Its martiangle or maybe averaging. Its very famous strategy in forex. This is also worth in crypto trading.
So how you will know the good altcoin or not? In my opinion, since i am beginner, i am more interesting  to choose top marketcap altcoin.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:45:23 AM

Good day, mates.

That would be a long HOLD before you own a sufficient return and is so much risky. I once did it before, and due to no assurance that I will earn a profit that I can say sufficient enough, I switch to another coin with a price gradually increasing and it's all worth it. And after few months I look back to the first coin I once bought, and I'm glad I made a perfect decision.   Cool

Sometimes, not all coins that drops sharply is beneficial through time. We should also make a RESEARCH first and don't just follow are own-made patterns. I proved it myself, a much higher percent of time and risk is associated on that kind of strategy. Always be careful!
Agreed.Not only the price we should look into it but also the coins itself,if they have potentials worth it to be invested or does not contain at all.But i know most of us here when dips are happening,we instantly buy them if we have enough funds onhand,maybe because bitcoin is very volatile and the next minute it will rise up instantly.

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:54:03 AM

Good day, mates.

After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool
A very good strategy but it is not recommended that you should buy when price is at the stage of dumping as the coins may find it very difficult to recover after that and you may still even end the last 30% at loses.I always advice traders to trade using the technical analysis and candlestick chart patterns as this is more accurate than any other strategies.

Yes, I buy coins when they are going down but its a very dangerous strategy to implement. Buying falling knives can lead to disastrous losses if the asset you are buying continues falling. Many people have gone bankrupt buying falling knives for the following reasons.

1. Their emotions overpower them and they sell out of their shares or coins due to panic selling at the worst possible time.
2. They used leverage and they were forced to sell their shares or their coins by their friendly broker.
3. They have unanticipated bills due to medical expense, auto repair expenses, tuition for  child, etc and need to liquidate assets to pay the obligation

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: