Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:05:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency kills people  (Read 1842 times)
freakcoins

Activity: 188
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

He has a point because cryptocurrency with the current setting could easily be an avenue of hiding fund that could fuel all these bad vices. However, I believe you don't throw away the baby with the bad water. It is high time the government step in and have a measure of control without stopping the freedom we currently enjoy in the world of cryptocurrency.  
Good idea i agree on you, we hope that our government made some steps for this, may others use the cryptocurrency for there silly intentions, but may our government would not forget how this this things brings us extra income and expressing our thoughts freely, so balance for everything about this.
pedrasantos

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

I am sure that doing any serious job is a bit stressful, especially if you are dealing with money. Each trader and investor should always remember about the volatility of the market and be ready for the periods of falls.
Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:41:09 AM

I totally disagree with this, Every problem that is related to cryptocurrencies is caused by people only. If you make bad decision and end up in problems or huge loss that is your own fault, not of the cryptocurrency, you can't blame crypto for that.
People have to be aware that cryptocurrencies have certain risk, so, it's a matter of choice.
sergio-faucetbitcoin

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 11:42:33 AM

Cryptocurrency doesn't kill people more than the dollar do.. Criminals or terrorists use internet as well, nobody says internet is killing people...

esa2782

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:42:38 AM

no it does not kill people, i really can't see it even though by giving an example of terrorism, drugs, crimes or others worst example, because we just kill each others from the beginning of time, that is something that we human really good at, we create bitcoin and the we use that to manipulate people, push them, pay them, playing etc, so bitcoin doesn't kill people but people use bitcoin as a bait to have "fun", it is more make sense when Stephen hawking said that one day the AI will kill us, but still that machine create by us and will kill us (what a bitter sweet scenario) but cryptos kill people? no, people kill people, can't we for the moment in our life stop looking for scapegoat?
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:48:28 AM

Wow this thread sure went on much longer than one would have thought necessary.  Stop giving Bill Gates the time of day with words like this and he won’t say such stupid things.  If we hang on his every word or anyone’s for that matter is very dangerous!

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
goodfortune2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:53:07 AM

no it does not kill people, i really can't see it even though by giving an example of terrorism, drugs, crimes or others worst example, because we just kill each others from the beginning of time, that is something that we human really good at, we create bitcoin and the we use that to manipulate people, push them, pay them, playing etc, so bitcoin doesn't kill people but people use bitcoin as a bait to have "fun", it is more make sense when Stephen hawking said that one day the AI will kill us, but still that machine create by us and will kill us (what a bitter sweet scenario) but cryptos kill people? no, people kill people, can't we for the moment in our life stop looking for scapegoat?

I think its not the crypto but the people who create crimes are willing to kill people to get what they want.
chika2

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:00:25 PM

I think it's right and there's something wrong. Can not we say that cryptocurrency kills peopple. There are always positive and negative sides of any thing. How we use it. Not just cryptocurrency can kill, even credit cards with good intentions can kill. I think the purchase of drugs, bombs, weapons can be done dilaur from cryptocurrency. Lots of media for the purchase of these illegal goods. Before any of his cryptocurrency sales of these items have a lot. I find it very wrong to think of cryptocurrency as a killer.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
dongbat03

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:02:14 PM

Although rigorous management processes will be put in place, a thorough understanding of a virtual type before investment is still required. For example, try to not fall into the command line is hiding in the market.

I think the bad people or the criminals who kills people and not the cryptocurrency.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:05:56 PM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117
Link is futile. I agree that it depends on the people's mind who are using cryptocurrency. One is truly righteous if he knows what is the right thing to do even though there is a havoc in the mind. I believe that the government should not ban cryptocurrency, but rather, they should seek pursuit those people who wish to do such evil and illegal things.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:16:12 PM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117
I agree with you about how someone uses the cryptocurrency. because there are some who commit crimes with crypto and there are utilizing crypto for economic prosperity. I think the KYC program done on the crypto project is very good because the data of the coin holders or tokens will be stored in their system even though the KYC program eliminates a bit of crypto identity.
madhabilota

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:37:37 PM

I think metaphorically, people "die" because they become off-the-grid. They sort of disappear from any monetary system if they do use cryptocurrency on a daily basis. I guess Bill was right. It does kill people to the point that they disappear from the main "normal" system we delve into.
Refozzblaze

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:39:22 PM

I think people lose money because he does not understand the basic crypto how, I have long been deeper crypto as a result I can live my life with crypto
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

It can be siad about everything popular nowadays, if we replcae "bitcoin" on "dollar" nothing will change because terrorists don't care what to use for their goals.
I disagree with the headline statement. I don't believe that cryptocurrency kills people, it is an instrument created to help people and the community.  Let's not put all the incrimination to cryptocurrency. It's us who kill each other, and sadly ourselves. Abusing its usage, being irresponsible, negligence, greediness, dissatisfaction and negative thoughts. I hope we can slowly eradicate this kind of attitude and live life happily, full of love and hope.
Of course, cryptocurrency is just a product, a technology of the modern generation, its self can not automatically harm people, people use it for evil purposes and kill each other, it is not related to the issue of killing people. Simplicity, depending on the purpose we use, cryptocurrency will bring different results to each person, if we work seriously and want to use it to improve our lives, crypto will certainly not harm us but if we use for terror, buy dangerous weapons, the result will be the opposite, crypto will kill us, we can not blame it, the source of the problem is from human

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Logic-Elliven

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:37:44 PM

"...Crypto kills people..."  
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

This is the worst, most stupid argument against crypto the powers that be have ever thought up!
I thought they were cleverer than that..?  Perhaps they just know how stupid humanity is on average..?

How many people have been killed for the Dollar..?
Overlay a map of oil rich areas with one of US bases for an idea of those killed for the petro dollar...  just for a start..!
redpillorblue

Activity: 30
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:01:50 PM

So, just to correct your facts:

Bill Gates commented that during an AMA session on REDDIT, which you can find here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/dux2mp7/

Now, Bill Gates is a FAN of crypto currencies (particularly Bitcoin), which you can find here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6KRp91YAw8 where he clearly comments that it is better than currency cause it is showing us how cheap it can be to move money from place to place, and that is exactly what non profit is trying to do.

Gates is not against Bitcoin, but only discusses that how the coin is being used for illegal activities at times due to the anonymity built into the protocol, which would worry anyone, in my opinion.
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:21:41 PM

Probably yes, no matter how hard you try to develop a sistem that is only good there will always be pople who will use it somehow and make a bad things. Monero for example is untraceable and that attrack a lot of bad pople unfortunately.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:27:35 PM

I do think that this question is kind of creepy, why do people kill each other for cryptocurrency I just don't get it.

Mapalast

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:31:10 PM

it is in his perspective, so many things in this life kills people. knife peels mango,yet it kills people. so there is no  differencies with cryptocurrency then  Undecided
if Gates said so, while people use PC which is his product, as a tool for doing the transaction with crypto, Gates kills people then
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:39:29 PM

whats? its real ? very absurd statement, all currencies can kill peoples , I'm very surprised at such an unsubstantiated statement from a man like Bill Gate ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: