Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency kills people  (Read 1840 times)
jh3mx

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:42:54 PM

bill gates has a point but not completely correct.
every things kill people... NO i mean any thing can be use by PEOPLE to kill PEOPLE.
it depend on how you used those thing same with cryptocurrency if gets to the hand of bad people..

♥ TRUEPLAY.io ♦
Transparent and honest gambling platform
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Standon1

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:53:56 PM

I don't agree with this topic, cryptocurrency is like forex trading it takes time to perfect your trading.
One golden rule about crypto trading though:
NEVER BUY A CRYPTO WHEN IT IS PUMPING
Kopceak_MD

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:01:15 PM

If he does bad things, he does not care about crypto currency or fiat money, of course, it's easier to use crypto currency, but the crypto currency does not change good people in a bad way.
andregunawan1

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:01:27 PM

But a different opinion expressed by Mike Hearn, a developer aka Bitcoin developers. After struggling with Bitcoin for five years, and resulting Bitcoin software used by millions of users, Hearn argued that Bitcoin was nearing death.

"Bitcoin is an experiment, and just like most experiments, they can fail, so you should not invest in things (Bitcoin) that can make you lose money," Hearn said in his blog, medium.com.

Post-use in 2009, Bitcoin is quite popular. However, due to unsure security issues, eventually many countries are banning the presence of Bitcoin, like Thailand. Indonesia itself starting early in 2014 has legalized the use of Bitcoin.

According to Hearn, there are many factors that make the fate of Bitcoin already horned, one of which is the failure of the world community to respond to the presence of Bitcoin. Well, through his blog, Hearn mentioned the main cause of Bitcoin failure, like these 5 things.
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:08:27 PM

I think it all depends on ourselves as a bitcoin user. Every person has a different character there is evil and some good. The good bitcoin is used for some kind of future investment, additional income and to buy the goods we want which is certainly a positive meaning. If a bad thing happens yes it could be used as an evil act for example blackmail and assassin

Right. He was just generalizing bitcoins as a bad tools while it really depends on the user. Drugs is not illegal for doctor to use in medicinal purpose. Knife isnt dangerous in the hand of cook.
Blame the person not the tools. There are a lot of positive use of bitcoin other than the negatives one

MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:08:51 PM

well, its may be true for indirect cause, but not only cryptocurrency, real money also can cause that
Eva_me

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:49:16 PM

I think that government provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government Grin. Yes, some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'. And the rest use usd for such purchases! But no one writes articles about the pernicious influence of usd.

You are wright that it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency or usd if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way.
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:06:03 PM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117

This is absurd especially coming from Bill Gates, which inventions are being used for all the things he mentioned every day. Also, who knows what else he invests his money in? What about the things he could do besides charity (which is wonderful, don't get me wrong). If a pen can be used as a murder weapon in the hand of the right person, with freedom comes responsibility. To me, this is hypocrisy, as for example millions of nearly-slave workers are producing cellphones everyday to afford his mobile OS, for example.
Britanshio

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:49:54 PM

You should base your reasoning on some proof. Lind to the article please.

Accepting that that was said by Gates it would be a silly article because the same could be applied to $ and nobody is saying that US dollars kill people.

Absolutely.It's not about killing people but in fact its love people because many people joined crypto world will have an opportunity to have a huge income.
300pips

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:57:24 PM

I am also a crypto holder, and I do respect what the government is doing to us. They want us to become transparent and claim every undocumented source of funds. Simple ! They want to tax everything. They want to tax the profits we got from crypto.

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117

Google (http://www.google.com)
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:59:38 PM

I think that bitcoin shouldn't blame because of this because it is just like money. If bitcoin is the root of these problems, then all monetary systems should be eliminated. People should start to themselves what is moral and what is illegal. People are dying not because of bitcoin but the misuse of money that should have been use to improve the society. I hope people will finally realize that.
glider101

Activity: 125
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:01:10 AM

Bill Gates is a very Lillian man, if not one of the top 10 in the entire world.
I'm not speaking just on net worth but rather on what he has done for society.
I have to disagree with him here though.
okakaynam

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:11:31 AM

At first bitcoin and other crypto currency are used to some illegal activity of criminals but it doesn't mean that crypto currency kill people its the people behind the crypto currency that used it to kill people for the sake of their selves. Only some people make the image of crypto currency to be bad even its for a good use.
david roman

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:15:44 AM

money is evil and money is the devil but the same money we need to help at the same time similarily Cryptocurrency to work in same manner
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:17:29 AM

that's just bad publicity, because he doesn't like crypto
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:18:05 AM

Cryptocurrencies is not kill all people, if we could manage and control off cryptocurrencies we could take much profit from it. But if we could not control and analyze about the cryptocurrencies it will make us kill by them. Just analyze and keep you have check before you buy cryptocurrencies and you have to know right time to buy and always know right time to sell, and you can be rich by cryptocurrencies, but if you dan’t have news about cryptocurrencies it will make you kill by them.
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:19:05 AM

True! We should not generalize everything that applies to everyone/all, but only those who mishandle the coins. It will depend on how will people use it, how will they manipulate their own coin and how will they protect it.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:06:11 AM

We are in a nutty fucking world right now. To think btc will be the reason for the rise of terrorism and drugs your sadly mistaken MR Gates.  Your beloved fiat has allowed this.  Constant printing of fiat which are untraceable has allowed this to spring up. The fact that we base a person worth on the amount of paper one owns has caused this. I could go on and on.
asher2789

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:27:10 AM

one could literally say the same thing about cash...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: