Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:01:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YIFU IS AUCTIONNING?  (Read 22108 times)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:38:59 PM

add one avalon to your basket then you get this message

product price is subject to change at any time based on availability.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssinc

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Hash for Cash!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:49:32 AM

Just got this from Tradehill:

Due to raising difficulty, BitSyncom has decided to lower the minimum bid price of its 2 module 60 GH/s unit from 9 BTC to a more competitive 6 BTC. The 2 module unit auction will also be extended to Tuesday, October 15th, 12PM (noon) EST. BitSyncom would like to reassure its customers this unit is currently in stock and is ready for immediate shipment upon the close of the auction.

BitSyncom has also made the decision to suspend the auction of its 4 module 90 GH/s unit, at this time.

Looks like Avalon is now selling the 4 module units directly on their website for 15BTC and they lowered the price of the upgrade modules to 3.8BTC. It showed only 2 in stock earlier today but now just says "in stock". The only way these would be worth the BTC is if you bought a new PSU and overclocked them which would still be cutting it close IMO. I have no idea where Yifu got the minimum bids for those initial auctions but at least 6BTC for 60GHASH is more realistic. Guess he had to see how many suckers were out there first OOPS...

They have extended the "auction" twice now and the prices were so high nobody would buy.  Maybe they never had the units ready in the first place?

This is EXACTLY why i will not be bidding on these. They'll keep "extending" the auction indefinitely to get the price they want for these.

They shouldn't be auctioning these, just sell the damn things and ship immediately. Everyone knows that the rigs lose potential value daily.

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:24:30 PM

even with the modules at 3.80 it is still cheaper to buy a minirig!!

and they still wont make a return!!

this guy must have lost his marbles!

these modules should be sent out to anyone who has a 3 module rig as a weak apology before they become WORTHLESS!

i tried to leave comments explaining as such on the store but my comments dont seem to have been approved yet...

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:41:47 PM

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:52:17 PM

add one avalon to your basket then you get this message

product price is subject to change at any time based on availability.

Oh my god! The pain!
LOL!

Ente
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:50:46 PM

now avalon mini 60gh oc'd is 6btc on tradehill. 4 bidders and 496 units left.. auction end next tuesday.. useless again. to long auctions.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:55:53 PM

now avalon mini 60gh oc'd is 6btc on tradehill. 4 bidders and 496 units left.. auction end next tuesday.. useless again. to long auctions.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:37:40 PM

We all knew Avalon's ASIC chip design & fab process technology would be poor compared to current state of the art, but people (including me) were interested in their chips due to the time to market advantage.

What was not understood was just how poor and low performing Avalon's design was compared to Gen2 ASICs from other strong design teams. KnC, Cointerra and other groups are now coming out with designs that render anything Avalon is offering completely obsolete, even Avalon's gen2 is behind by a wide margin.

I think Avalon might be out of the game soon, it makes little sense to buy an Avalon based system at any price due to their higher Watts/GH requirements. Avalon self mining with their own gen2 might not be very profitable either. If that is the case where does that leave them? Sure they made a ton of money in the past year, but did they blew the money on a Gen2 design that they can not recoup?

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:01:13 PM

Too many people lost too much money. What is the word on a class action lawsuit?
There must be a few in the works.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:57:28 PM

We all knew Avalon's ASIC chip design & fab process technology would be poor compared to current state of the art, but people (including me) were interested in their chips due to the time to market advantage.

What was not understood was just how poor and low performing Avalon's design was compared to Gen2 ASICs from other strong design teams. KnC, Cointerra and other groups are now coming out with designs that render anything Avalon is offering completely obsolete, even Avalon's gen2 is behind by a wide margin.

I think Avalon might be out of the game soon, it makes little sense to buy an Avalon based system at any price due to their higher Watts/GH requirements. Avalon self mining with their own gen2 might not be very profitable either. If that is the case where does that leave them? Sure they made a ton of money in the past year, but did they blew the money on a Gen2 design that they can not recoup?

I actually agree with this statement with one major caveat.

Avalon catched up to BFL (performance per watt wise) in gen 2. So if you make the argument that Avalons second generation is now obsolete....then the case is also made for BFL hardware.

Good thing Yifu is already working on gen 3 and 4 in parallel.

Question what is the $$$ to GH/s ratio for Avalon in gen 2? How does it compare to BFL hardware or current 28nm designs?
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:15:57 PM

Avalon catched up to BFL (performance per watt wise) in gen 2. So if you make the argument that Avalons second generation is now obsolete....then the case is also made for BFL hardware.

Question what is the $$$ to GH/s ratio for Avalon in gen 2? How does it compare to BFL hardware or current 28nm designs?

He has beyond the pale burnt his bridges ...nobody will trust him with anything

He better hope that what he produces is a the friken solution to the fusion reactor of an ASIC chip.... as the guy is a scammer and a dog and is not welcome

To be honest If i had 1 spare life jacket and both Yifu & Josh where drowning ...I would give it to Josh ..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:58:54 PM

Why the eff would I bid on something that is probably made from boards from batch II that should have been shipped to batch II customers instead of mined with for their personal gain?

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:08:01 AM

BFL hardware WILL BE obsolete in a matter of weeks,my 30GH'er consumes 130+ watts & earns .08BTC perday= 4.3 watts per GH  Roll Eyes 

Some new ASIC's consume(theoretically) .5 watt per GH,no way for 110nm, 65nm or 55 nm to compete with 28nm tech.You HAVE to go with the lower watt per GH solution for longevity,unless you have free power  Cheesy

I think Avalon hurt more folks than BFL with thier delay in chips,no communication & his trust factor was ALOT higher than BFL.....ALOT more.At least BFL IS shipping,albeit VERY slowly(no better than Avalon,basically).

Plus all Y I FU had to do was order chips,recieve chips & pack & ship chips,how the fuck do you fuck up something SOO easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 02:54:46 AM

BFL hardware WILL BE obsolete in a matter of weeks,my 30GH'er consumes 130+ watts & earns .08BTC perday= 4.3 watts per GH  Roll Eyes 

Maybe 16 weeks at a 90% per month difficulty increase with no slowdown.  But looks like that is starting to level out giving more time of profitability. 

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:55:47 AM

Maybe 16 weeks at a 90% per month difficulty increase with no slowdown.  But looks like that is starting to level out giving more time of profitability. 

Yeah,any amount is profit right Huh Sorry,but NO,to me its already a loss,due to diff rise,after only 2 months.It will only work with 90GH of Drillbit & Avalon 30GH of 5GH'ers I got coming  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:17:23 AM

Yeah,any amount is profit right Huh Sorry,but NO,to me its already a loss,due to diff rise,after only 2 months.It will only work with 90GH of Drillbit & Avalon 30GH of 5GH'ers I got coming  Roll Eyes

I guess it is time to shutdown my ModMiner   Cheesy     I saw that it jumped my PC psu 40 watts when running at its ~800Mh !!

but it looks so cool inside my pc case

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:32:18 AM

BFL hardware WILL BE obsolete in a matter of weeks,my 30GH'er consumes 130+ watts & earns .08BTC perday= 4.3 watts per GH  Roll Eyes  

Maybe 16 weeks at a 90% per month difficulty increase with no slowdown.  But looks like that is starting to level out giving more time of profitability.  

Yeah,any amount is profit right Huh Sorry,but NO,to me its already a loss,due to diff rise,after only 2 months.It will only work with 90GH of Drillbit & Avalon 30GH of 5GH'ers I got coming  Roll Eyes

I guess it is time to shutdown my ModMiner   Cheesy     I saw that it jumped my PC psu 40 watts when running at its ~800Mh !!

but it looks so cool inside my pc case

Maybe,I just sold 3 BFL FPGA's  Sad  Hated too but the power consumption is too much vs hashrate....even sold my 8 BE's  Sad

While I could still get some cash out of em  Wink

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:40:13 AM

Maybe,I just sold 3 BFL FPGA's  Sad  Hated too but the power consumption is too much vs hashrate....even sold my 8 BE's  Sad

While I could still get some cash out of em  Wink

sad times, but new era is here

I might sell 7 of my Bees that are on crappy hubs... leave the 9 Bees on a nice 10 port with fan... shutdown the old ModMiner

makes it easier since my two jupiters are hashing over 500 Gh each  Grin

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:20:52 PM

They dropped the min bid on Minis to 2BTC

Now who's interested?

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:23:49 PM

They dropped the min bid on Minis to 2BTC

Now who's interested?
I would be interested if tradehill wasnt involved, but screw waiting a week for bids
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: