Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When your token goes down hard, are you going to sell it?  (Read 4524 times)
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:39:22 PM

Nope. Selling when ur coins are down is a lose-lose situation. These is no logic in that. U are already at a lose so why sell. Beside every traders motto is buy low sell high so if u sell low when do ubintend to sell. The best way to  avoid situations like this is utilizing the stop lose function although it's easier said than done
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:43:40 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

Some will say follow the trend and cut your losses but when you are really down like 50% or more, do not sell. It takes strong hands through shakeouts. As long as what you are holding is good in your opinion, just wait for it to recover.
Mahiyaing rosas

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:49:47 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?
I advice you not to sell it.Up and down in the bitcoin price is just normal.Try to study the fluctuation of the price for the past few months. If you sell your token you will lose more. If the token is in the low price, it's the best time to buy more, to earn more profit.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:50:23 PM

It's good that you ask about this, that you will not repeat these mistakes again. I like most people, I think that selling coins, when the price falls - it's not reasonable. If you are in this community, you must believe in crypto-currencies, and in their future.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:57:01 PM

If it goes down hard, don't sell in lose. Try to hold it as long as you can, because soon or later price will raise and you can then sell and get your money back. Remember crypto is very volatile currency, so you have to be patience and wait for right opportunity then sell.

cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:01:07 PM

If you really think your coins or tokens are worthy investments and you saw potentials in it,you shouldnt be dumping these coins.Believe with the product and technology that it will bring to you,and you will be rewarded for holding those worthy tokens.Shouldnt be selling these altcoins and tokens holding few years will make so much different than today.
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:17:42 PM

I don't sell the tokens I'm holding when they're going down hard. I guess we're holding certain tokens because we believe that they're going to have a high value someday. It seems to me that we're holding the time instead of the tokens. The thing that makes me so much panic is when the tokens I'm holding hit a very high value and then I really have to sell them right away to get that price because I'm afraid that the value will suddenly  goes into a low value in just  a few seconds.
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:49:28 PM

Depends, if its down more than 50% than I would rather hodl it as selling it wont give me much in return. While if its down like 10-20% than maybe I can think about selling it. But mostly if one believes in the coin he's investing in than he should follow the HODL strategy.

beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:33:13 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 09:57:21 AM by beej

I've come across people who actually did this before, but they always ended up learning not to
have done so. It seems to be another form and case of panic selling, there is a great deal of
concern and belief that once new coins are acquired and listed, they are expected to plunge
down, although in some cases they actually do and at times they don't. But I firmly will
hold to my coins, even though sometimes it takes time for them to go up. That's just plain
investment for me, I believed in the coins I have. I really try to be more patient. I also tend
to strategically sell them only when they grow and prices are a lot better in the market.
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:40:04 PM

Depends on the situation when the market shows it will still slide down probaby i will cut my losses,buyback at the dip ang will make money after the market has recovered,but if you are already trapped with these altcoins the best thing to do is to HOLD your coins and wait for the market to get recovered.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:52:59 PM

If I have a big drawdown in my portfolio I look at the situation, but in 90% of cases I will not sell anything. you never know where market will go.  If coins/tokens , you are holding ,have strong technology behind, so, no worries, the price will recover, just be patient

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:57:10 PM

If the tokens or coins you are holding has potentials you shouldnt be selling these when a bloodbath happened,believe to the project and its potentials and you will be rewarded in the future,but if you arent sure of these projects i would suggest research now and then dump those unworthy coins to hold so that will prevent big losses.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:03:33 PM

It majorly depends upon your tokens if they have the potential to rise later on then by all means hold them don't sell them but if the tokens are shit then get rid of them as soon as possible as I doubt that they will earn you any profit.Research about the token if they have good cap value, team, reviews then try to hold them.
svladovsky

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:05:10 PM

I would not advise you to sell off your tokens because the price went down. I would advise you to HODL if the project is good. But you can sell if the project is not that good. And use the fund to invest in another ICO
Yeah, good point, I'd do the same
freedoom

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:05:38 PM

Depends on what level I was going to sell it. Perhaps a fall - a small rollback, then what's the point of panicking and immediately sell everything.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:19:19 PM

This is why one need to invest into a strong project, that has a bright potential for future use, the best thing to do in a bear market when a token one is holding dumped is to buy more at discount the ICO price, this will give better return in long term

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
lightning mcqueen

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:24:24 PM

no i don't sell it i hold it and wait for the market to be stable and then reap my rewards  Cheesy

If there comes a time that I need to sell my tokens, I will just sell some portion and not all. Because if the price goes up I will not regret.
chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:58:52 PM

Crypto market is a volatile market so its natural to see drastic price movements, I would not be alarmed and panic to sell my token holdings if their prices swung against me due to general market condition ,as I believe my tokens are backed by very promising projects and run by capable managers will reap good profit in time to come. However if a certain token price trading in high volume breach my cut loss level, I would sell first before find out the cause later.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:15:50 AM

When the coins increase, I want to sell and make money. That's why I want to buy it again after selling it and lowering the price. We can make a lot of money by buying and selling.
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 11:49:36 AM

I think that selling the token after the price goes down a lot is the worse thing that you can do. Unless the token is a scam, the price of it will tend to go back to it's normal proce, so you just need to be patient and wait before you sell. This is why it's better to diversify and invest in more coins, becausd it's impossible that all your coins will go down in price at the same time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: