Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:47:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When your token goes down hard, are you going to sell it?  (Read 4524 times)
Cryptolenuj

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:30:14 PM

Same at what happen to me when i bought a coin suddenly goes down so always set your cut loss to prevent this
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:32:31 PM

It depends on the situation. If it looks like a bear market then I sell it just so I can accumulate on a better price. If it's on a bull market then I just keep on stacking no matter what the current price is.

Cokodi

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:34:18 PM

It happens that it is better to immediately sell the coins, but if they fell hard and from this you will get little profit, it is better to hold them
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:34:43 PM

It all depends on why you are engaged in this business. If you just earn and bring yourself food, gasoline, entertainment. Then it's better to print, and if you have time to keep from year to year and wait until the cena rises. It is better to keep, but for this it is better to decide for you. I keep all my coins.
regexlove

Activity: 608

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:36:38 PM

Basically I do not sell in such situations because I understand that basically this is the manipulation that will soon end  Smiley
jpnl0006

Activity: 480
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:47:07 PM

No i wont because i would be lossing more money so i rather wait and sell at a price where i can make profit no matter how disturbing the price is i will always keep my coin than lose it cheap
chidiarua

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:55:23 PM

I never sell when I'm at loss. I hodl. If it's a good token, it will get back up but you must be prepared to hodl for long. But I don't sell low.
catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:45:24 AM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

I think the answer of your question can chances according to developer team and the news of the token. Because of the bearish term, many of the token prices are very low in these days, but if you see a real potential in a token, I think it is better to hold.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:28:04 PM

In situations when I did not sell on the right moment (during first 25-35 percents of decline from my entry) in most cases I made hodl till a best time. But this hodl strategy might be wrong in the current conditions

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
lovemsngr

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:23:38 PM

It's a rookie mistake to sell when the coin goes down hard. As far as I am in profit I am not selling anything. I invest to earn and not to lose. The best strategy is to wait and hodl.
farland7

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:48:28 PM

That is not the best time to sell it . It's pretty hard to overlook but history has proven that holding for such a long term brings more profit .. if at all you want to sell, don't sell at its all time low .
I agree, the worst thing you can do is panic sell when the coin is dropping. Hodling it proved to be the only way not to lose the investment.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:52:05 PM

That is what is refer as panic sell, for God sake why will you invest in a coin and because btc and eth drop then you go ahead to sell, it sound like a dump decision.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Malya_alkendy

Activity: 236

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:56:25 PM

Of course not, because if I sell my coins when prices are down, then I will lose the value of my money. And the thing I will do is hold the coin until the price rises, and the coin is worth selling.
Xeonhp

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:14:18 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

It is really difficult to decide whether to sell it or not. Because you are not sure that it will completely disappear, or will rise again. At such times, if I trust my coin, I will turn off the computer and turn it back on again to stabilize my mood.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:35:28 PM

Many tokens which I have for quite a long time, have fallen in price by half. But even when they were just beginning to fall I didn't sell anything. I'm sure that soon the price will be in place and I will get my profit. Therefore, I see a sense in selling only when you really need money. In any other case, we have to hold.
devilzero

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:40:38 AM

If it's potential coins in the market, I'll continue to buy them when it drops to a certain level. Usually this is a great opportunity.

Iandi anne

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:54:10 AM

No, better to wait for the market to recover and for the price to rise. It is normal for the value of tokens to go up and down. That's what you call fluctuation. Better not to panic and don't let your emotions control you in that kind of situation. Just hold it when the price is not good and wait patiently for the price to go up and that would be the best time to sell your token to have better and bigger profit.
permatasai

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:58:40 AM

if the price goes down far I usually sell 50% of my tokens or coins, but if I don't experience a correction or price increase in some time then I will continue to sell the rest of my tokens to invest in other tokens or coins
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:04:31 AM

First, you have some info about the projects you invest. After that, you should see their strength, weakness, opportunity, threats. From that you'll have a vision about the projects. Then you see the market and decide what you do. You should trust in yourself.
satria2

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:05:40 AM

The right thing to do is not sell tokens that are experiencing a decline but instead buy tokens that are experiencing price reductions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: