Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Crypto, Any Advice?  (Read 2362 times)
stripewhite

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:42:58 PM

Buy because you believe in the technology and the team and the community. not because someone on reddit or youtube mentioned it
Buy SafeCoins (BTC, LTC,ETH) and Mid-Risk Coins (DASH, BTS, ANS, XRP, ETC...) you know the top 20 coins.
Don't buy ICO as if you know shit
Buy during US / CHN Market hrs, more volume more dips and highs
Don't be an idiot and think you know how to day trade
Buy for the long term (it's not 3 mths/6mths. it's 3 years or 5 years )
Don't buy all at once. Phase out ur buy wkly/mthly. e.g. i want to invest 30% on whatever coin into my portfolio. put in 5% 6 times over 1/2 mth period. put in more during dips. i know you just started and you want to get in in the action quick. but do take this time to understand this market cause its fucked up
Be Brave and HODL when shit gets bad
Learn how to use a Wallet
Dont Buy shit coins
Always use 2 Factor Security
It's okay to buy and sell reading the news and picking up whats trending
Don't Invest in what you can't lose

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winterblues

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:44:13 PM

The first big cryptocurrecny push will be in the purchasing sector. Therfore, buy Dash and hold. Dash is the ONLY top 10 coin that is geared toward the purchasing sector that can also scale on chain without governance problems. Expect to see $5,000 Dash in a few years from now. Evan Duffield is Satoshi.
StarLucas

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:45:25 PM

Don't buy coins on Coinbase, link you bank account and buy using bank transfer on GDAX.
steelzeppelin

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

The first and simplest mindset that people latch onto is dead wrong.

"It's going up, I better buy a whole bunch and sell that when it's done going up!" Nope, nope nope. Sell a portion of what you already bought when it was low.

"It's going down, I better sell everything and buy it back when it's done going down!" Nope, nope nope. Keep some cash on the sidelines to buy when it goes down. Not sell.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:47:04 PM

Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt

Just don't get FOMOd by any type of coin. And make sure you don't cry on the money you have lost in crypto.
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

Even I don't follow my own rules sometimes but what 4 years of Crypto trading taught me is never sell below what you have bought unless you need cash to do something else.

And never sell all of a coin when it increases. Sometimes you think a 50% increase in a day is a bubble but it isn't. If you want to take profit, sell like 75% of it but always leave some portion because it may continue going to the moon.
Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:55:33 PM

One of the first rules of any kind of trading is not to invest more than you can afford to lose. Even though the outlook for Bitcoin is overwhelmingly positive, the fact remains that the cryptocurrency market is extremely volatile, with large gains and losses happening in a matter of minutes. So, instead of putting the majority of your savings onto a trading platform, start with a small percentage - perhaps maximum of 10%. This should allow you enough money to play around with, but not so much that you will spend years playing catchup if you make a wrong move or the whole enterprise goes belly-up. Especially as a beginner, it's important to realise that you are going to make losses until you learn the hard way what not to do, so make sure those losses are manageable.
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 10:39:52 PM

I would advise you learn all you can before investing if you must invest. But i can assure you that its an interesting and exciting space filled with unthinkable creativity and innovations.
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:45:42 PM

Welcome gray. First of all you should learn about this forum and also you should diligently read in this forum and do some post so you can raise your rank. Then you can follow bounty campaign like social media and signature. Hope it helps you.
bitcoinbillionaireboy

Activity: 134

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 10:53:05 PM

The only advice from is to know when to sell and hold, it all depends on your personal decision.
market outright is no guaranteed take profit when its OK for you.
Hope i made common sense!
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

in this bitcointalk forum you can learn about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency, My suggestion you should read more senior posts here. thus later your knowledge about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency will increase. I wish you success !
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:01:13 PM

before you jump and fight in the world of crypto, it's good you read the information in this forum
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0 (Sub forum: Beginners & Help)
certainly very helpful for you who are still new in cryptocurrency

Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:08:25 PM

I am likewise new in this cryptro world. On the off chance that you knew on crypto world,i will recommend you to look into crypto world. After research on the off chance that you need to acquire from it...That's great. There are numerous approach to aren cash from this cryptro world. Those are mining, exchanging and furthermore the most importent is contributing.

That is the reason I recommend you finding out about it and other site you can contribute cash on bitcoin. To contributing cash you can join "Coinbase"
SangitAlam

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:12:59 PM

Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt

Start with no more than 10% of the money you can loose.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:20:11 PM

Matt

Start with no more than 10% of the money you can loose.
yes this is good advise if you are new and don't know about the market price and want secure investment then you should not invest too much money in crypto currency because you can face big loss on big investment. in low percentage of investment you will know about market fluctuation in price and understand about trade. if you learn about both then it depend on your ability for investment.
LuckyMan21

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:48:10 PM

If I were you, I would try to trade with a small deposit on the exchange. You can understand the airdrops, but it is not necessary to stay there long. it is better to go to the bounty.
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:26:20 AM

Faucet was just a waste of time, but long ago when Bitcoin still cheap faucet can indeed be counted on.

learn from Bounty in this thread, there is Bounty Signature, Social Media Tweeter, Facebook, Blog, Youtube and Articles.

I hope you enjoy your day!
Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:38:34 AM

Matt
If you are just new to this, I suggest to you that you should participate in bounty campaigns specifically the signature campaign. In this way, you can earn money while learning about cryptocurrency at the same time. That is how I started and I earn good amounts of money. I also search for things that I do not know when I encounter topics that are not familiar to me. Then if you have enough knowledge, you can proceed to learn new skills like trading.
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:45:16 AM

Your thread is a classic example of old wine packed in new bottle, this question has been asked many times however for your reference I'll guide you.

You can earn free Bitcoins by participating in signature campaigns out here, then you could participate in Altcoins airdrops its little but never buy alts.

Make a electrum wallet segwit enabled to recieve and send coins.

Avoid cloud mining scheme's there's no one per Bitcoin free.

Do not fall for scammers, be very careful before trading.
[/quote]

I think this is very good advice, especially in regard to alt coins - there are many other ways to get alt coins, so explore these avenues and if you do have money to invest, I would advise to stick to the big boys, like BTC or ETH, but be prepared to see your investment drop by 70% or the day after you buy it Smiley
bohtrung3

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:52:44 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin that we can get from the faucet is not much unless we have a lot of refferal followers will feel the result because we will get a commission or wage from refferal activities that we do, but we must try to trade on a small scale or we can work even harder to follow the various bounty and signature campaigns in this forum for more profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: