Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Crypto, Any Advice?  (Read 2361 times)
grey_golf (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:50:55 PM

Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 03:40:25 PM by yonghaseo

Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt
Don't waste your time in faucets because it will take a very long time before you can earn big. As you've mentioned, you have earned money. Spend the half of your money to buy crypto, and remember invest only the money you can afford to lose. You can use "coinbase" wallet to buy crypto and hold it for a long time, or if you want to trade i will recommend "binance" because it's very easy to use and they have app for mobile phones.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
grey_golf (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:33:12 PM

thanks alot for your help, i will check out binance. do u know what the minimum deposit is? also what kind of fees do they have on trades?
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:33:52 PM

Faucets are a waste of time. Do you have any skills to offer maybe?

First, I'd suggest you to start with some cheaper alt-coins to see how it goes, before you jump in with some bigger invstments. Also, you might want to follow John McAfee on twitter, he has like "coin of the week" posts and that coin usually spikes in price in the next few days.

Lurk around, nothing much to tell you tbh.

do u know what the minimum deposit is? also what kind of fees do they have on trades?

Depends on the service and you can find it all on their website, never used coinbase tho.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:48:03 PM

thanks alot for your help, i will check out binance. do u know what the minimum deposit is? also what kind of fees do they have on trades?
You're welcome. I think the minimum deposit in BTC is 0.001 it's about 11$. Buy some binance coin and use it to pay your fees and they will give you 50% discount.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:03:59 PM

Matt

Your thread is a classic example of old wine packed in new bottle, this question has been asked many times however for your reference I'll guide you.

You can earn free Bitcoins by participating in signature campaigns out here, then you could participate in Altcoins airdrops its little but never buy alts.

Make a electrum wallet segwit enabled to recieve and send coins.

Avoid cloud mining scheme's there's no one per Bitcoin free.

Do not fall for scammers, be very careful before trading.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

Also, you might want to follow John McAfee on twitter, he has like "coin of the week" posts and that coin usually spikes in price in the next few days.

Yeah, this could effective if you're looking to make a few easy bucks. I don't necessarily trust him, but his endorsements do carry some weight, as detailed in this article:

https://medium.com/the-daily-bit/pump-and-dump-the-mcafee-effect-35e6437a9890

Do note, however, that he could very well just be orchestrating pump and dumps, so you shouldn't trust him blindly.

Sakibhasan.bd

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:20:36 PM

Hi there Matt,,
I am also new in this cryptro world. If you knew on crypto world,i will suggest you to research crypto world. After research if you want to earn from it...That's good. There are many way to aren money from this cryptro world. Those are mining, trading and also the most importent is investing.
That's why i suggest you learning about it and other site you can invest money on bitcoin. To investing money you can join "Coinbase"
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

Best to use your own wallet than the likes of coinbase as they charge you to withdraw your funds. With your own wallet you have sole access as long as you do not give the keys to anyone.
rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:35:17 PM

Matt

Yeah your correct the faucets are just wasting your time. The best way you'll is to focus in your account to rank up so that you can participate on signature campaign to earn bitcoin or you try to learn about trading. For now on just read and read so you can learn more about cryptocurrency.
grey_golf (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:37:02 PM

lol yea I sort of had a secret motive when i started this thread lol i was researching about these signature campaigns.

Wow i can't believe how much info i got so fast. thanks for all your help. much appreciated. Im gonna set up an Electrum wallet right now.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:39:07 PM

I was milking the faucets for years and then realized what a waste of time that was when I found bounty jobs here to do instead. You can check both the bitcoin and Altcoin market section of this forum for more details and you can earn a living almost doing freelance works for various coin offerings as well as have a signature campaign when your status here on the forum reaches at least Junior level. You can then use some of those coins to trade and also check around some of the exchanges like COSS and KUCOIN, which offer up prizes for people trading volumes daily and give out prizes to traders on a monthly basis through various promotions.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:41:58 PM

Read more, be careful with your private keys, wallets and exchanges. Don't hold all your coins in one wallet or exchange. Invest carefully Smiley
grey_golf (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:43:19 PM

rosalyn07 .. Yes i will be doing a lot of reading. I already have been doing a fair bit of research, but theres so much different things to learn its mind boggling. all these different ways of earning coins. LOTS more reading to come lol I still cant get over how many people are willing to offer help. its outstanding, i wish other forums were this helpful. thank you all for the info.
jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:43:24 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 02:02:02 PM by jerjer

Ive been to faucets before and to be honest, its a complete waste of time so if you are serious in crypto, avoid from it. If you want to buy a coin, review many times first and join to their groups for any updates. Buy only cryptos which are at least top 30 in the coinmarketcap site.  Just have patience, stop for being greedy and make a target for your profit.

liseff3

Merit: 255

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:45:33 PM

Also, you might want to follow John McAfee on twitter, he has like "coin of the week" posts and that coin usually spikes in price in the next few days.

Yeah, this could effective if you're looking to make a few easy bucks. I don't necessarily trust him, but his endorsements do carry some weight, as detailed in this article:

https://medium.com/the-daily-bit/pump-and-dump-the-mcafee-effect-35e6437a9890

Do note, however, that he could very well just be orchestrating pump and dumps, so you shouldn't trust him blindly.

John McAfee is better than FUD. So far McAfee's predictions have a lot of truth although sometimes his post is slightly less logical but at least he was able to lead a more positive opinion for the growth of crypto.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:47:35 PM

Matt
1. do not make stupid decicion like risking all of you life time saving on bitcoin.

2. always take research about the coin you want to buy.

3. DO NOT PANIC BUY OR PANIC SELL. because the newbie habbit is if they see the price at green they buy but they didn't nlknow that gree is the peak of the price
hatun

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

Hi there Matt,,
I am also new in this cryptro world. If you knew on crypto world,i will suggest you to research crypto world. After research if you want to earn from it...That's good. There are many way to aren money from this cryptro world. Those are mining, trading and also the most importent is investing.
That's why i suggest you learning about it and other site you can invest money on bitcoin. To investing money you can join "Coinbase"
Superb. I would like to add more:
1. Acquire more knowledge on crypto currency and their future
2. Know about prominent crypto currencies.
3. Keep watching the trdaing trend
4. Invest small portion of your money initially
5. At the beginning, invest. do not try to trade.
thinkme1st

Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:49:23 PM

Yes stop wasting your time on faucets and buy some coins/tokens with your money and do your own research before buying any coin. there are some good project which are still in early stages and prices are cheap. Do research, buy and hodl for some months, take profits and repeat. Wink

grey_golf (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

I was milking the faucets for years and then realized what a waste of time that was when I found bounty jobs here to do instead. You can check both the bitcoin and Altcoin market section of this forum for more details and you can earn a living almost doing freelance works for various coin offerings as well as have a signature campaign when your status here on the forum reaches at least Junior level. You can then use some of those coins to trade and also check around some of the exchanges like COSS and KUCOIN, which offer up prizes for people trading volumes daily and give out prizes to traders on a monthly basis through various promotions.

thanks alot .. this was the reply i was waiting for lol how much did u get from a year of faucets? if u dont mind me asking?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: