Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Crypto, Any Advice?  (Read 2363 times)
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:32:26 PM

Working with faucets is useless nowadays, they give out very small amounts and require hard work and waste a lot of time. Firstly you have to learn more about crypto currencies, and this forum can help you really to get this needed knowledge. Stay active and try to rank up your account in this forum and you will find many opportunities to earn BTC and altcoins with small work here (compared to faucets).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:46:50 PM

I'm not pro when it comes to trading, My advice to you is to start at the beginning. Here in the forum there are many opportunities, you can use your hidden talents. If you know how to make a signature you can apply it here. If you are an expert in translating English into your language you can apply here. By that you can earn altcoins you can use as a starting point in trading.

Well said! If you have certain skills in the field of programming you could earn very well by offering your skill on the market. The signature campaigns are way much better in comparison to the faucets which are waste of the time. Best thing would be if the money is earned through your own investing in the market. This way you can gain a nice amount of the profit if you have collected required knowledge about the cryptos. There are many ways of obtaining the crypto to your wallets you should just find the best way that suits your skills and time.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:27:14 AM

John McAfee is better than FUD. So far McAfee's predictions have a lot of truth although sometimes his post is slightly less logical but at least he was able to lead a more positive opinion for the growth of crypto.

He does bring good publicity, but the more people trust him, the more sway he will have on the market. The people he brings in, he can also bring out. He's only saying good things about crypto until he doesn't. Take his crypto recommendations, for example. They only received relevance because of him, and the moment he withdraws his recommendation, he removes the only reason why people invested in the first place. You're at his mercy if you follow him to the letter, basically.

Don't follow McAfee, many people have already lost their money on many occasions.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9knnpz/john-mcafee-twitter-coin-of-the-day-cryptocurrency-markets

Its better to have your own research before investing into any coins.

Yup, I was just saying that there is a pattern between his recommendations and price rises, and a newbie could take advantage of this by making a quick buck. I wouldn't recommend HODLing; it's likely best to dump as soon as you get some profit.

grey_golf (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:40:13 PM

Everyone has to start somewhere.
Faucets in my opinion are a waste of time and effort, you do get small amounts but compared to the amount you may of earned a couple of years ago. Saying that tho small amounts you get now could increase in years to come.

It could be a good idea to maybe look into buying btc from the likes of coinbase and signing up to bittrex cryptopia or other exchanges.

Really it all depends on how much you are willing to invest it's not like you have to buy a full btc. Have you thought of mining and trading what you mine? 

you mean GPU mining or cloud mining? i dont want to waste electricity so GPU mining is prob out of the question. I have looking into buying 5 year and 24 hour contracts Cloud SHA-256 4.0 on eobot.com, but it doesnt look profitable. any thoughts?
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:53:55 PM

if you are a new comer in this platform then you have to take every step very carefully otherwise you may face a lot of problem. So you must read writing regarding this platform. Not only that but also you will find a lot of papers related to this block chain system. At first, you have to choose your way in a specific way then you could find a profitable platform.
I think saving is the best policy at a initial stage like Bitcoin or Ethereum saving. if you can then certainly you will get a lot of profit in the future.
pletnevihor

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:13:17 PM

Bitcoin's protocol and software are publicly available, and any developer from anywhere in the world can familiarize themselves with the text of the program or make their personal modified version of Bitcoin software.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:36:10 PM

You've probably got a little more used to crypto in the month since you posted here, OP but I am going to suggest you retain a healthy sense of apprehension, especially on bitcointalk.  There are scammers and otherwise dishonest people lurking in every corner here and it can be very easy to lose your money if you're not paying attention or if you take people at face value.

Stay away from the ICO's in the altcoin section is another thing.  Most of the projects are going to go nowhere and are being run by some extremely shady people. 

Faucets can be fun when you're starting out, but you should know that they're a huge waste of time.  The amount of bitcoin you can earn by doing them is extremely small and you would be better off joining a bounty or buying bitcoin with your real life earnings.
matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:39:30 PM

Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley

Matt
Investing would be a good start. Choose a cryptocurrency that you think will be worth holding for a long period of time such as Bitcoin. Also, be awared of the risks involved with cryptos particularly wiyh the natural volatility in the market which sometimes result into loss of profit. Also consider being payient with things becauze profit won't come in an instant in cryptos.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:40:48 PM

Hello, Im new to the Crypto world and wanted to hear some advice from the pro's on where to start. i havnt purchased any coins yet, but i have been using coinpot and various faucets. I was wondering if i should keep going with this or is it a waste of my time. Also they say theres no fee for converting coins, but i dont get the same conversion rate as i do on the coinmarketcap calculator. Basically id like to hear from the professionals maybe a strategy for really small trades, or that this is a waste of time and buy some coins with my hard earned money and go from there lol. and if thats the case, where to go. im in Canada by the way, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I hope to get more active in the forums and meet great/smart people along the way Smiley
Do some research before investing to anything else,second protect your private keys so that you wont need to have it do install some anti virus and malwarebytes to protect yout scams,i would advice you to do everything you can to learn the basics first so that you will know how these merits and most imporantly do not stop learning.

Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:42:58 PM

Matt

You can earn really through coinpot and faucet but too small and it is a waste of time. I also started that when i enter in crypto but someone told me to join here in bitcointalk forum and from here i learn a lot. I joined bounty campaign and it is the best way to earn if you have no starting capital. But if you have money try to buy coins and bitcoins and invest it for long term while learning how to earn for short term through trading. Don't put yourself in a hurry. Learn in crypto step by step,little by little.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
Ferry22

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:44:22 PM

Welcome and welcome to join this Forum, hopefully you and we can all succeed from here. you can get a lot of knowledge about Crypto with a lot of reading the writings of the seniors in this forum, I think all about Cryptocurrency has been discussed here. so read more and learn more. I am also still studying here, may we all be successful.
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:50:36 PM

First my advice for you, it’s find all information about bounty in cryptocurrency world. It’s goog way to earn crypto coins and get motivation for the next steps to study crypto
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:53:07 PM

I advice you to keep reading and learning more about crypto currencies before start investing or trading. The knowledge is really essential, and it will help you to distingue the most profitable and safest methods to earning more Bitcoin and altcoins.
By the way, this forum can help you a lot to get this required knowledge.
faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:58:11 PM

My advise is: do not invest money with loans or with money you may need very soon. This market is very risky and you can loose most of your money

Do not ever use leverage trading!

Do not trade altcoins if you do not know what you are doing

Rest is fine
simonzenke55

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:01:54 PM

Hello Smiley We need to act disciplined. İf we act like that, we have reached our goal. Get today’s advice from me Cheesy
TheVivaNetwork

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 10:06:01 PM

Hey Bud,

The best advice I can give you is to learn as much about the coins as possible before investing. Get a real understanding as to what blockchain is and what the differences between each coin are. For example some use Proof of Work POW and some use Proof of Stake POS and some have smart contracts included, like Viva Network and some do not. Read up on Andreas Antonopoulos he's got a few great books that can explain crypto and blockchain really well. There are also a ton of good youtube videos and ted talks that explain how it all works. Hope that helps, best of luck and welcome to the future!  Smiley

Viva Network Team
Vivanetwork.org
mekusproj

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:28:01 PM

There’s now over 1300 cryptocurrencies on coinmarketcap.com, and dozens of exchanges, and many layers of technologies to understand. The crypto world can be quite overwhelming for newcomers, and it takes plenty of time and research to understand how to get started, and to avoid costly mistakes.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:27:52 AM

To get faster and bigger results you should trade with big capital, and it will not waste your time or you can get coins from sigcamp.
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:19:48 PM

If you are new to crypto,keep your wallet seeds very well, don't jump into trading without proper guide,keep your private keys,or posibly just ask questions before you venture anything..
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:22:52 PM

better to read more article about bitcoin and try to read some thread here in bitcointalk forum to see what are the do and donts for being a member of bounty campaigns. you need to read also about the wallets and exchangers of cryptocurrency that already made.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: