Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2516 times)
hujanderas

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

as far as technology goes, they can not stop it. The price drop will also be temporary. Bitcoin will always go into all-time highs, without government approval. It will be a success adopted by the government, or will succeed as an underground asset. And I doubt all governments will have the same opinion about a bitcoin-friendly country and buy your property there with it.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:45:21 AM

If the worst case scenario the government can ban Bitcoin for Fiat transactions and vice versa, so in this case we will not be able to dilute Bitcoin or buy Bitcoin with fiat currency.In fact in that case, one can always send Bitcoin funds to law states and sell them online, then receive payment in the form of fiat currency obtained overseas. Many governments want to take advantage of this technology, but given that it is a currency that can not be controlled because its management depends on the whole society, it is difficult for them to take control, what can be seen.
Suffoc8

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:49:13 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

Although there is no competition about the government and cryptocurrencies. I think if government will win against bitcoin then definitely bitcoin will continue its activities because although government win they cant stop the activities online.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:55:05 AM

I don't see this as  win / lose scenario as such it is a change in the perception of the old money system to an acceptance of cryptocurrency as a viable way forward. The first change was to accept Bitcoin as bonafide money instead of ignoring it, the second stage is to legislate for the use of and taxation, this is where we are at the moment gradually moving through country to country.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:11:54 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

In my own understanding with cryptocurrency, i think the government can't win over crypto. They can only regulate exchange but not the crypto in itself.
ahilees palu son

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:58:49 PM

It will come to a point of agreement; the government being given a place of agreement with the Cryptocurrency markets. Just like I believe these plans will be rolled out soon and I do hope it will be a win-win at the end.
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:54:04 PM

I do not believe that States are able to stop bitcoin. Some countries have already accepted bitcoin, and why should they refuse it?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
olegblinov86

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:01:29 PM

I think the total ban of bitcoin in the world is just one of the possible scenarios of development that will never come true. I like bitcoin and I don't want to ban it. I think most people think the same way.

https://www.minter.networ
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:37:49 PM

Just two things to say (as I repeat them all over the forum like a parrot  Grin).
1. Regulations are a positive thing. We need regulations to keep the market healthy.
2. Government cannot take Bitcoin into possession, they can only make another cryptocurrency and force its adoption. However, a society has a say in it too.....

Today I think this regulations are not the greatest threat to progress..Developed countries make only liberal regulations and restrictions to protect their society,They are trying to create good balance between people's interest and public interest.The main problem is for governments is that they can't control money migration.bitcoin is also a good tool for them to improve their economical conditions and not only bitcoin,Just imagine how many good projects are creating all over the world,its money export too for them.I'm just talking about this to explain that there is no danger.People see the need for such a regulations,Even such as for example KYC or Mandatory reporting rules are.In another case there may be chaos.So I'm Sure that there always will be a bunch of people wanting to buy or sell bitcoins,because of its unique nature,So my advice it to not think about this.I personally see regulation as an inevitable and desirable thing,but this regulations must be concentrated on people's will.Anyway there is no reason for fear.

I would like just to correct you, or better said - add to your statement that the actual problem is that Governments have the possibility to control money migration where they shouldn't (and that is where smart contracts could help) and don't have where they should (this cannot be solved with Blockchain - this is intrinsic to laissez-faire (free economy) system which has some advantages and, quite obviously, some disadvantages).

ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:56:26 PM

of course not, the government will never be able to control the circulation of bitcoin, the government will not be able to because the enthusiasts and the demand for bitcoin is very high price will be expensive and more and more buy the government will not be able to control the bitcoin circulation.
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:05:39 PM

Government can't win over bitcoin until people using it,we have to use crypto as crypto so there is no taxes for that and no need to worry about it.
Recently Germany announced there is no tax if you use crypto for buying goods which memas many governments understand about bitcoin and getting ready for the future ear of bitcoin.

Just wait and see what will happen next. If ever government wins over bitcoin that could be more complicated. As  if  every member of the government will join bitcoin as investment , all the transparency of their assets now  been determined. It takes time  to implement  such  regulations on bitcoin. As some countries like Germany consider bitcoin untaxable and Switzerland as well including United States as of now.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
kakajones25

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:49:51 PM

Upside with these kinds of regulations is better protection from scam ICO's that have multiplied a lot since last year. Wuuldn't you be safer knowing that the government approved an ICO? Downside is, taxes. Bigger taxes.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:54:58 PM

if government want to against cryptocurrency then they will figure out all of the ways to being the winner but indeed if they win then cryptocurrency will be regulated and seems anonymous features from cryptocurrency will be disappear because the government will take control all of crypto users but i wish this is would not be happened because one of the main reasons people use cryptocurrency they want to be freedom from banks or government regulations
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:59:09 PM

It's just a very big explanation for it, so they want to come up with Crypto's huge security. That's why they do not get the TAX in the first place. The government has no income so they want that.
groomsxxx

Activity: 203

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:26:01 PM

I think that it can really change the position of cryptocurrencies in society in a positive way and maybe we will even earn more on this

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:20:56 PM

In that case,  I think the company of bitcoin will become banned by the whole nation which is not a good thing in the company abd management of bitcoin. 
They should get the sympathy of the public so that they can have support to defend their selves in the eye of government.
jonkibo

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:45:16 AM

all the accounts will be gone.
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:57:55 AM

Yes, now bitcoin is not in the best position due to the fact that the government is still in uncertainty. I hope that all the same our rulers will be reasonable and accept bitcoin.
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:32:23 AM

GOVERNMENT can not win bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency related, beside as long internet is functioning bitcoin investment we continue and bitcoin investment/trading has create many job to youths in difference country, and i don't know why GOVERNMENT eyes are still on cryptocurrency. BITCOIN has many future use to the trader and investors in future used.
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:47:51 AM

Yes, bitcoin is going through difficult times, but I really want to see the country finally accepted it and we were able to freely use this unique technology.

Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: