Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2508 times)
upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:20:32 AM

It seems the government will never be able to control the movement and circulation of bitcoin, free-moving bitcoin no one can control it even though the government has worked hard, the government will never be able to control the circulation of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fire rab1

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:23:44 AM

They have the power and authority to do what they want and manipulate people that they are doing the right thing. Our only allies are those countries who are in favor of decentralization so I hope they will dominate those anti-btc countries. As far as technology goes, they can not stop it. The price drop will also be temporary. Bitcoin will always go into all-time highs, without government approval.
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:05:48 AM

It depends on the attitude of the government in your country before. If previously the government is very firm and strictly prohibit bitcoin, then the end is user history. it seems the user can not do anything else. If the previous government was very supportive, it would be good news for bitcoin users and enthusiasts. At least the government can impose sanctions and penalties on the fraudsters and invest more safely with government regulations.
fluctuations

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:12:26 AM

If the Government wins over bitcoin: I think the government will issue strict regulations on the use, ownership and sale of bitcoin. It is possible that the government will suppress the development of bitcoin as much as possible.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:16:03 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

It is not possible! There is no government, companies or person who can defeat bitcoin. The life of the bitcoin depends on its users and I am sure that the users will not let bitcoin die.
samiul12

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:18:06 AM

I think government should not bother about bitcoin because either in cryptoworld or in digital business bitcoin is now beyond anyone reach. Government can bann but they can not stop people using it also they can not control the value or process. So I think it won't be a good thinking by the government to take control of bitcoin.
Gulayman

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:24:04 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

It's unlikely that the government will win the bitcoin because it's a lot of fighting and many people do not allow because bitcoin is in the hope of being a few people so much will let the government win the bitcoin.
ThePogi

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:29:48 AM

Off to a bad start I see! Deflation is Off to a not falling prices, it's a contraction of the supply of money and credit which is usually a result of widespread defaults on existing loans. There simply isn't enough money in the system to pay back the debt, so the money supply needs to grow nominally at least at the rate of interest. Interest rates are 2%, we need 2% inflation. This is built into the currency and banking system. Falling prices are NOT deflation. Prices could fall for dozens of reasons and prices can rise for dozens of reasons having nothing to do with inflation or deflation. Just like Inflation is a measurement of the increase in money supply, so is deflation a measurement of the contraction of the money supply.
forklif

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:43:47 PM

I am sure the government and bitcoin will be together in the future, the government will indeed contribute to this cryptocurrancy. the government makes regulations so that every transaction also benefits from tax transactions.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:47:31 PM

The government has a role in the state economy. Bitcoin is growing with the support of the country's own government. The more countries that legalize bitcoin so bitcoin prices will be high but it all takes a long time to be realized thoroughly later. We hope that the government can give us a decent life so that our future will be evenly organized without any coherence from each other. Cool
tayecrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:23:19 PM

I don't think it can ever happen....Government can only wins over bitcoin if only they know the real inventor of bitcoin which they can't... Satoshi is anonymous which will makes it hard for Government to have control or stop bitcoin currency.
tokneneng

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:24:26 PM

My thoughts over this matter is this, if ever government wins over crypto then it will defeat the purpose of bitcoin being created. I'm not sure but if this happens then bitcoins value will drop since it will be controlled by somebody, and if this happens, the question will be which country will have the greatest power over crypto? Guess that will mean war like for the oil countries and rich resources islands.
Antonina

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:32:31 PM

We are under great pressure from the countries. The guidelines are not interested in allowing people to freely dispose of their money. All of us are forcibly driven into banks.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:44:21 PM

At my opinion government can't win over bitcoin nowadays, if people want to use cryptocurrencies governments would be probably listen or will get problems...

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:44:48 PM

I don't think it can ever happen....Government can only wins over bitcoin if only they know the real inventor of bitcoin which they can't... Satoshi is anonymous which will makes it hard for Government to have control or stop bitcoin currency.
Even if Satoshi is revealed there is nothing the government can do to stop it, it has grown from that situation, they can restrict the flow of money but they cannot do anything to stop this peer to peer model. I would like to see the governments coming together and come up with a regulation that would protect the users from scammers rather than thinking about shut it down.
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:48:31 PM

I think one of the main reasons a government want to control anything is the desire to profit from it.

Regulations may come be introduced in regard to trading, money laundering and taxation, but it doesn't profit a government to crash the price. Once they're invested, they'll want to see the price rise, and if anyone can influence a price rise, it's a government that reversed it's position on FUD and starts hyping it to the masses
Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:10:09 AM

I don't think they'll "win" over bitcoin. They'll simply, IMO, have some level of control. Because it is absolutely certain that the government will compete in this progressively globalized cyber age through the use of cryptocurrencies.
tentara pelajar

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:04:19 AM

If governments oppose and ban bitcoin then it is possible for governments of all nations to join and agree on bans on bitcoin worldwide, or even rule on the IMF and the UN. If that had happened then this is really over. This is the end of bitcoin.
2beAmillionaire

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:14:51 AM

On that situation,people on that country will have nothing to do anymore. They should obey all implemented laws of their government. But there's a possibility that in the future they will realize the true value of the bitcoin,and it will lead to the government will revised the law and bitcoin will be legalized for the benifits of the people.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:44:22 AM

Government cannot ban Bitcoin, government regulations and policy, migth just not be favourable as they will want to always have a share in the BTC stake, Thou its quit very good to ensure your profit is being converted to fiat for physical investment, as the space is evolving and different policy will keep emerging
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: