Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2509 times)
nhoj25

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:30:38 PM

Still, the digital currency won't disappear. The technology behind it is far too powerful to be controlled by big government. Bitcoin will return back to its old role: a collectible currency for tech savvy enthusiasts.  Bitcoin itself cannot be controlled but government cant regulate the use of it. they can pass a law taxing Bitcoin transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:03:41 AM

I think that it is realistic what governments can do, it is taxing the Crypto currency. To prohibit bitcoin is too late, the more people know about the crypto currency and use it, the more difficult it becomes for states to prohibit bitcoin and other crypto currency. Therefore, for the time being, you need to periodically display your income and turn it into a fiat.

PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 04:23:28 AM

Then so be it and let them impose what they really want. But there is only one thing that i think will never gonna happen. "They can't stop bitcoin and the cryptos." They can only regulate it and i am also willing to adopt it. At least, i fell safer against scam ICOs.

hxxxiu

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:26:59 AM

If we have enough money, then you can completely ignore the national policy. Even if the country strictly controls the cryptocurrency, we will always have a way to trade. All this is just a matter of power and demand.
Austin143

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

XCH4NGE - Connecting Crypto Users Worldwide!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:45:18 AM

Government will never wins over bitcoin. They cannot control bitcoin around the world but they can control it in their specific country, that they can regulate using bitcoins through their own platforms or by building their own applications, so in that way they can regulate bitcoin at their own wills.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:37:18 PM

If the government wins over bitcoin then they will become the organization that will take over the control of the market of bitcoin because they can just make a law or regulation that will give them the favor or the control of the whole thing and there is nothing that we can do but to follow to the orders of the government which is a complete against to decentralization.
Jacsnuffles (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:29:39 PM

Bitcoin, once again, is descending. And will soon rise again. So unpredictable. We really can't tell if Bitcoin can be the same like the previous years where the dips always happen during Q1 and Q2. It was those years where the government has no issues regarding crypto. It really depends with the number of believers. I am a believer but I want to manage my money well. So, like what everybody suggest, only invest what you can afford to lose.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:05:23 PM

Here in my coutry we need to register to have license in crypto business but not in taxes so it's already authorized here

If the effect of crypto not good in their economy of course the government will banned this

Another thing this is for smart person so we have different mind if this crypto not good to you then leave even we have government or none
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:14:33 PM

I absolutely agree with you, Bitcoin has a big future, but no one knows if the govs and banks accept it and the price becomes more and more unpredictable. It is still worse a risk, but also, just not to lose the game, it would better to invest in stocks, or real estate.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:27:31 PM

It is impossible for governments to completely stop bitcoin because they have to shut down the whole network. The only thing they can do is close all exchangers, all ICO's and spread bad news on the internet that are going to disturb the price a lot from my opinion. It will take a while until the price is going to rise up again but I am sure the bad news will reappear because that is the only way they can get the price down so that people will start forget about bitcoin. It will take a while and it is not going to be easy for people to stay strong and dont sell their bitcoin at lower price and I am not sure if bitcoin could survive if governments would really try to ban it because governments are controlling the world and obviously they are the most powerful thing,speaking about controlling a country and everything that is going on in it.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:29:02 PM

There is no way that the government can win over bitcoin. But they won't give up without a fight, that's for sure. The greatest power of bitcoin lies in the decentralized nature of the blockchain. Difficult to deal with that. One way to assume control would is to acquire 51% of hashing power, which currently translates to tremendous investment in terms of hardware, and electricity. Even if they managed to do that, which is very unlikely, bitcoin will probably immediately fight back, for example, by changing the algo. The other line of attack could be preventing internet connectivity in some way. The curious thing is, you can transmit bitcoin transaction via a wireless radio emitter connected to your PC if you absolutely had to. Sounds pretty bulletproof to me.
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:41:35 PM

They can always declare that they won over bitcoin, but I doubt they can totally regulate or make every person forget about bitcoin. This certain individuals wanted to control everything that's why they're afraid of bitcoin as they can't regulate and do much about its existence.

BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:46:13 PM

If one day governments take control of the cryptocurrencies, it will probably not fluctuate due to the negative news again. I think the future if the government agrees to control the cryptos, the future of cryptos will be very potential because Blockchain technology is not only applied in cryptos but can be used in many other industries. The future of the industry will probably be Blockchain along with cryptocurrencies.

Jacsnuffles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:36:59 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

If this could really happen then I would also prefer to stay in btc. Though government will really control our freedom in crypt but if we still smell the profit then maybe let's just stick on our current situation.

Yes, that's part of my point. Smiley Stay in crypto even if the government will get their rights to regulate Bitcoin. But as much as possible, invest in physical properties also. For we might not know what will be the tomorrow of cryptocurrency. Mind your present "more" than the future.

chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:58:18 AM

They can't stop the Internet, and China is now completely stationary, but people here can still trade their COINS.

So don't worry too much, keep up, and the cryptocurrency will be used in every industry.
betent

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:04:46 AM

now the technology can not be defeated in any way, progress will not be stop, crypto anarchists will not allow the state to control bitocoin Cool
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:40:40 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

Negative feedbacks from the government would make people choose to believe everything FUDs on cryptocurrencies than spending time to do some research if the news,rumors that they see and hear were true or not.Most people  will easily jump into conclusion most especially if they were unknowledgeable about it.In that way i can see that government can take control on different news specifically about bitcoin.If that moment came that government wins over bitcoin,it would loss its purpose on the word "decentralized currency"..in the sense that no one could ever control it.Though its impossible to happen but lets put some consideration,bitcoiners would probably go with their regulations but not all.If they put tax on it in terms of cashing out in an exchanger,then lets just take it as a big help to our economy.

Jacsnuffles (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

If the government wins over Bitcoin through regulations, things from the usual will probably change. Taxes will be everywhere, so as much as we can, save more money or invest with physical properties. Bitcoin will not end, you just have to make yourself be prepared with something unusual that might happen, like getting insurances. And be alert and updated with the price of BTC. Handle your assets well. Especially this digital asset.

xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:46:14 PM

I don't think it's possible. It has already accepted bitcoin, and the U.S. government is strictly monitoring cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, which is not prohibited, which is good for the development of cryptocurrency. I don't think the government will completely ban bitcoin.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:48:55 PM

If you don't know then let me tell you that Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. What this means is that no single party controls bitcoin meaning even if the governments ban bitcoin there are going to be nodes running and miners mining bitcoin all over the world and theres going to be at least one country who will be crypto friendly.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: