Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:41:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net  (Read 409453 times)
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:49:43 AM

Why is this coin so cheap?
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 04:18:03 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 04:36:39 AM by BlueDragon747

Let me ask a very blunt question, and I mean it as an honest question, not  just pump rhetoric.

There are a lot of different criteria a person can use to evaluate a coin. By any reasonable sane criteria this should be a pretty major coin, unless there is some reason it is being ignored.

Is there some flaw in the history of the coin that puts off buyers?
Or is it just a sort of bearded hippie coin not too much into promotion?
If a person wanted to know the worst thing about this coin, some past hack on its code or scam accusation or whatever, would there be something substantial?

no flaw I am aware of and as with all coins use is why not many buyers are buying/trading *if thats what you mean?

I dont have a beard, I am working on other things so not actively doing any promotion for Blakecoin but will be used in my main projects (working on mmo framework before Blakecoin ~5years now) >> https://www.blakezone.com is going to be the first title we will release currently ingame currency is BLC/PHO and all the games should be F2P when in open beta

why mmo and free to play (F2P) see my post here

worst thing about Blakecoin is that it is simple, makes sense and works but thats not what a majority of miners/investors are looking for as it does not necessarily = "Profit"

note for a real economy(games, internet, point of sale) and not an investment Blakecoin does not reduce the block reward over time!!

no scams and we do have https://blakecrypto.com which is for the whole merged mined blake ecosystem

for now am continuing Game development it is why Blakecoin was made, stuff takes time and there is not a huge team behind the scenes and most work only in spare time or between other projects

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 04:23:17 AM

Why is this coin so cheap?

low demand and people dumping?

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:28:52 PM

Price is fairly low for a few reasons. Mainly like BlueDragon747 said, there aren't any services/stores where you can use Blakecoin yet - it's main purpose is to be used with MMOs (starting with Blakezone) which take time. Although, if you are a dev or experienced game modder, you would certainly be encouraged to use Blakecoin in your homebrew games or port it into existing games. Someone had added Blakecoin to Counter Strike in a mod, for example. There has not been much publicity to Blakecoin since the coin itself is not the main focus, rather Blakezone is. As for people buying/selling BLC, I think volume is low because most of the people interested in it have already invested what they're willing to risk and are waiting for news about Blakezone. If you look on Bittrex though, it sure looks like we hit the floor in December/January, and past few months have started a nice uptrend. There may not be many people buying BLC right now, but no one is selling large volume either. So if you think the Blake Ecosystem looks promising, now is a pretty good time invest or get involved. if you are a miner, nows a great time to mine some Blake Smiley

And while we're on the topic, if it's not too much to ask, I think it'd be helpful for the community if you (BD747) could communicate more about your progress,for example maybe once a month if you post a few bullet points about what you've been working on, I think that would help keep people interested in the project.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:42:58 PM

I have to echo that sentiment.

Blakezone was supposed to be ready for at least beta-testing nearly a year ago, and not one word about its' progress has been written since. As long-term supporters of the coin, the ecosystem & the use-case, I feel we are due just a little more 'enlightenment' about progress.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:31:36 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 12:05:56 AM by BlueDragon747

v1 was supposed to go closed beta last year but after a few things changing it became unstable *the patching was not updated by author and did not include source to fix which messed stuff up + started streaming world to improve frame rate
v2 was to rush patch and roll out a reduced set but found a floating point issue which was screwing up the ai and spawning *4 months wasted trying to do this  Cry
v3 rewrite based on v1 that avoided so many fixes and I only completed this just before xmas *this has been a solo task as Andrew has been busy with other projects

bit like ground hog day with game development heck of a lot of doing same thing a few different ways until it is working right(well at least until unity change the api again) and sometimes best to just rewrite the thing than try rush fix which only resulted in frustration and even more bugs  Undecided

so far:
  • new patching
  • streaming of world
  • remade some of the terrain tiles used by streaming using some new procedural tools which look better and more realistic *also saves quite a lot of work vs manually (easier to pack textures to reduce draw calls)
  • improved occlusion culling and LOD levels and been testing using an imposer system for more distant object *can keep high draw distance but still get good fps but needs more testing
  • with unity 5.3 switched from Blinn–Phong to GGX shading model so have been updating assets to look right in-game and update api calls for 5.3 in all client scripts
  • testing some new shader assets that extend 5.2/5.3 so can get almost exactly same effect/level/quality you see in current top FPS titles but still testing due to frame rate hit also need to extend the option menu for enable/disable *SSRR/SSAA/SSAO etc..
  • doing some other testing to see what else can be done for rending performance e.g DX12 *still got some assets in the project that dont render correctly so wip

also done some work on unnamed again using procedural generation for levels which speeds things up and due to lower complexity it is faster to develop/makes nice change vs BlakeZone which is a far more complex client

hope you all feel more enlightened   Cool

*from 16th been validating the BlakeZone project with both unity 5.3.4/5.4 beta (shame unity delayed 5.4 but from my testing so far I can see why) expect to be doing this for next few weeks especially with BlakeZone as it is a large client project

*also note I have said about progress in BlakeZone Chat when asked

I do hope when the time is right the community becomes more vocal and proactive in tasks that take time out from dev work like promotion/marketing/services/documentation/tutorials/videos/blogs/articles/papers not just for Blakecoin/BlakeZone but also for the whole Blake Eco so far most stuff seems to be piled on me/other Blake eco devs Embarrassed

bzyzny

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:31:03 AM

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you are making good progress, despite the inevitable headaches that come with such endeavors. Keep up the good work Smiley

As for community contributions, I'd be happy to help however I can, just let me know if you have any ideas. I was thinking, the Blake source bounty I tried to organize a while back did not pan out - I suppose it was premature. However perhaps we could use the donations from that to start a new bounty for something more useful. For example, maybe for updating the BLC codebase? There have been a lot of improvements to btc code since blakecoin was forked from it. Any other suggestions for a bounty?

Also, I was considering redoing/relaunching the blc wiki I had up for a while. Do you think that'd be helpful?
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 09:33:52 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 04:46:18 AM by BlueDragon747

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you are making good progress, despite the inevitable headaches that come with such endeavors. Keep up the good work Smiley

As for community contributions, I'd be happy to help however I can, just let me know if you have any ideas. I was thinking, the Blake source bounty I tried to organize a while back did not pan out - I suppose it was premature. However perhaps we could use the donations from that to start a new bounty for something more useful. For example, maybe for updating the BLC codebase? There have been a lot of improvements to btc code since blakecoin was forked from it. Any other suggestions for a bounty?

Also, I was considering redoing/relaunching the blc wiki I had up for a while. Do you think that'd be helpful?

for whats being done here current code base is fine and stable and improvement bitcoin wise can also mean bugs  Roll Eyes

really not having much time taken by pools/network issues does allow more time for dev work, I can see teething issues by a rebase hence why I not really keen to dig in  Undecided

some of the improvements in bitcoin xt help with sync time thats good rest of the features/improvements in bitcoin core/xt/classic are a moot point as too few people are using what is already available and is it really worth spending time/blc for so few users? also worth pointing out you would also want to remove some of the stuff they added e.g v3 blocks

*note Bitcoin core is not only one you could/can rebase with imho but it needs a good use case people doing work with it and decent user base or some kind of technical/efficiency bonus to make it worthwhile else time will be wasted chasing features that just a handful of people use/might use

as I said for what I am doing it would make more sense to do stuff in mono c# and unity as any work could be integrated not just a wallet app  Cheesy

bzyzny

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:18:02 PM

Good points - like they say, if its not broken don't fix it. It makes sense that new features take a back seat to game dev. Although wallet update would be cool, and I would like to see some sort of stealth address technique implemented, neither are necessary and I'm MUCH MORE eager to see Blakezone launch Cheesy Just trying to determine in what ways I can help keep the Blake Community active while you are preoccupied with Blakezone. I was hoping you might have suggestions what us community members could work on if we want to contribute back.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:56:24 PM

Thank you for the update on BlakeZone, BD Grin

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:20:41 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 11:08:49 AM by BlueDragon747

Maybe a stupid question but is there any overlap of interests or possibility of collaboration between Blakecoin and Huntercoin? Both seem to be similar in that they develop in a very low key way with no fanfare but seem to be cutting edge, looking for new ideas.

Not sure what form collaboration might take but if coins were gangs these two coins would kick some crypto ass.

Seems like the future of coins will probably involve developmental partnerships, especially in coins involving games.

no plans to collaborate with Huntercoin although you may see them as similar its very different from my point of view, none of the work they have done is useful for Blakecoin/BlakeZone and most of my work is in java, mono c# and Unity3D (true AAA game engine! support most platforms)  Cheesy

ingame wallet for BlakeZone is an option and not a huge part of the project as you can use current wallet and json to same effect it is also not effected if the Blakecoin network has an issue as account balance will still be usable, also the framework design model is client/server(clustered), v1 was tested upto 30k CCU and due to the clustered design can scale both vertical/horizontal, v3 is only tested to 5k as it is a real pita to setup a huge 30k CCU load

*in other words following standard game design with full featured game engine and typical client/server network for each title, some stuff I am using is licenced so dont expect it to be opensource

anyways closed beta testers will see what I mean by that soon enough, best of luck to anyone doing massive scale online game its far from easy to assemble a good working pipeline that make actual game creation easy  Cool

also note most likely I will not be marketing towards the crypto community as imho it is tiny and toxic

*been lucky with people who like/support Blakecoin great bunch but also had some run ins with others who would only be to happy to crush your dreams/hard work while laughing at you from several sockpuppets Cry

doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:36:50 AM

Maybe a stupid question but is there any overlap of interests or possibility of collaboration between Blakecoin and Huntercoin? Both seem to be similar in that they develop in a very low key way with no fanfare but seem to be cutting edge, looking for new ideas.

Not sure what form collaboration might take but if coins were gangs these two coins would kick some crypto ass.

Seems like the future of coins will probably involve developmental partnerships, especially in coins involving games.

no plans to collaborate with Huntercoin although you may see them as similar its very different from my point of view, none of the work they have done is useful for Blakecoin/BlakeZone and most of my work is in java, mono c# and Unity3D (true AAA game engine! support most platforms)  Cheesy

ingame wallet for BlakeZone is an option and not a huge part of the project as you can use current wallet and json to same effect it is also not effected if the Blakecoin network has an issue, also my design model is client/server(clustered), v1 was tested upto 30k CCU and due to the clustered design can scale both vertical/horizontal, v3 is only tested to 5k as it is a real pita to setup a huge 30k CCU load

*in other words following standard game design with full featured game engine and typical client/server network for each title, some stuff I am using is licenced so dont expect it to be opensource

anyways closed beta testers will see what I mean by that soon enough, best of luck to anyone doing massive scale online game its far from easy to assemble a good working pipeline that make actual game creation easy  Cool

also note most likely I will not be marketing towards the crypto community as imho it is tiny and toxic

how about vanillacoin/Vcash?
since both coin using blake's algo,and your game need an ingame wallet,may be Vcash zero-time tech could be an useful tool for that i'm not sure.
btw,i'm not a tech guy,so,what i said above is just an guessing and forgive me for if  i was saying something stupid.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:48:56 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 11:36:22 AM by BlueDragon747

ingame wallet for BlakeZone is an option and not a huge part of the project as you can use current wallet and json to same effect it is also not effected if the Blakecoin network has an issue, also my design model is client/server(clustered), v1 was tested upto 30k CCU and due to the clustered design can scale both vertical/horizontal, v3 is only tested to 5k as it is a real pita to setup a huge 30k CCU load

how about vanillacoin/Vcash?
since both coin using blake's algo,and your game need an ingame wallet,may be Vcash zero-time tech could be an useful tool for that i'm not sure.
btw,i'm not a tech guy,so,what i said above is just an guessing and forgive me for if  i was saying something stupid.

I am not interested in any coin projects outside Blake Merged and if I need something like zero-time I can port it in to Blakecoin or one of the Merged coins!
or just roll out a new coin add it to the merge, change serialization and add auxpow call it Bcash or Zcash Cheesy

*wallet features, new coins etc etc none of this imho really makes use or it would have already been a killer app and same as with bitcoin core/xt/classic no reason features cant be added or rebase done but as yet I just dont see this what I see is feature chase which I also get from unity development too and it can/does waste time vs core requirements for use

*already have ingame BLC/PHO so not short of wallets and very few things are done in mono c# wallet wise so makes little difference and would end up doing same as what I am doing now via json and the Blakecoin/Photon wallet, shops on BlakeZone and BlakeCrypto are running at 1 conf which could be network wide if needed

vanillacoin/Vcash devs have no plans to work with Blakecoin its plain to see else we would have merged mined or at least they might have contacted me or one of the other blake eco devs  Undecided

They switched to 8 round Blake256 because they could not get more efficient(hash/watt) with whirlpool on both FPGA/GPU which is what I had been saying for years  Roll Eyes

*they are serialized differently but with a hardfork could change to merge mine but they wont do that while they are perceived to be worth more  

also note that the supply for a lot of alts dries up which may be great as an investment but for something like a long term game currency it does not work imho

BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 09:26:03 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 09:57:53 AM by BlueDragon747

at some point next couple of weeks need to do maintenance on pools prune some of the old data(2014-2015) from DB and fresh hot wallets

will post again when I start work on them and will be starting with EU3 expect at most a 1hr downtime per pool

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:10:30 AM

wow /

spring cleaning !!

at some point next couple of weeks need to do maintenance on pools prune some of the old data(2014-2015) from DB and fresh hot wallets

will post again when I start work on them and will be starting with EU3 expect at most a 1hr downtime per pool

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 10:03:47 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 10:24:10 AM by BlueDragon747

wow /

spring cleaning !!

yep pretty much ~18GB old data on EU3 slightly less on others but still overdue for some spring cleaning  Grin

bzyzny

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:38:14 PM

Blakecoin is about to reach two milestones almost at the same time!
In about one day, BLC will reach block # 400,000 and reach 10,000,000 Blakecoins minted.

The mystic in me feels that the alignment of two key numbers is a sign of good things to come in the near future Cheesy
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:58:47 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 05:17:44 PM by BlueDragon747

Blakecoin is about to reach two milestones almost at the same time!
In about one day, BLC will reach block # 400,000 and reach 10,000,000 Blakecoins minted.

The mystic in me feels that the alignment of two key numbers is a sign of good things to come in the near future Cheesy

assuming no big issues you might be right  Wink

Quote from: Richard Rohr
One wonders how far spiritual and political leaders can genuinely lead us without some degree of mystical seeing and action.

Quote from: Vincent D'Onofrio
Look, all you can do when you find your niche is go with it.

BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:04:39 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 09:42:28 PM by BlueDragon747

anyone knows from which country the developers are coming from?

Most are from Bitcoinistan, a newly developed breakaway republic in the former Soviet bloc.

well I am from London England which has never been part of a former Soviet bloc  Roll Eyes

none of the other devs within the merged mined blake eco are from a former Soviet bloc either  Huh

I guess everything is not yet B.R.I.C as far as development goes  Grin

electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:28:26 AM

I am in a province in Mexico called California

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: