Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:45:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net  (Read 409424 times)
MarSas

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:04:38 PM

Wow, has it been three years already? Time really does fly!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 05:14:47 PM

3 years and still going strong  Cool

would be nice to be further along with things though was hoping to move new wallet into testing but found more bugs (it is rejecting some blocks) will work on them over weekend hopefully find an easy fix Embarrassed

renewed domains and have started to convert all sites to let's encrypt and the pools are on list too at least if it does not have significant performance loss(if it does will need to rethink as it will be required for most browsers 2017+)

lets hope over next 3 years(or sooner) I can pull my finger out and get some of these games out the door that use Blakecoin as it was meant to be used Roll Eyes

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:47:43 AM

Hey BD, we understand these things take time, better to get it right than launch something full of bugs. I'd love it if you could share some new screenshots or videos to show some of the progress you've made on Blakezone, or the other game(s) you are working on. Keep up the good work!
no-ice-please

Activity: 955

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 06:10:07 AM

... and get some of these games out the door that use Blakecoin...

Blakecoin has huge potential. I've followed it off and on since just about when it started and bought some on Cryptsy early and Bittrex now at cheaper levels. Originally I did not like the name, because I thought some guy named Blake had named the coin after himself. Thought the same about joulecoin.

Why the coin is so utterly ignored, I'm not sure, but it deffinitely will be a good coin to have long term.

In my opinion, the game thing is important but there are two main trends that will probably influence the success of individual coins, the algorithm, or 'usefulness and distribution', and the exchange factor.

Blaketrader was probably the prototype for what most coins will start doing eventually, as currencies get actual use, and it would be a good idea for somebody who knows technical stuff to restart something like that. It will have low volume for a while but it will be a major asset to have something like that waiting for crypto to become mainstream.

The game aspect is more important though. I've looked at a few of the coins associated with games and I think the ideal is to have the mining of the coin tied to some process in the game, what Huntercoin calls 'human mining'. I'm sure that suggestion won't be followed but it is a good longterm idea and should be considered a background idea to ponder in development.

MarSas

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:37:14 AM

EU3 pool page does not load for me. HTTP ERROR 500
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 12:53:09 PM by BlueDragon747

looking at it now

Edit:
EU3 should be back online

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
Valdemar

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 12:34:01 PM

wow its long time...online
MarSas

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:25:38 PM

Error 500 again on EU3.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 03:01:35 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 04:00:18 PM by BlueDragon747

Error 500 again on EU3.

looking into it now

Edit:
checking logs may take a little longer to be back online ~30 mins

Edit2:
think I got it waiting for wallets to sync then need to sort shares/payouts ~5-10mins should be back online  Cool

reduced some rates so let me know if you get connection issues but should be fine  Smiley

MarSas

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:56:28 PM

Nice work! Quick as always.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 04:01:29 PM

Nice work! Quick as always.

thanks for letting me know will always try to fix asap  Tongue

fingers crossed it fixes the issue for more than 24hrs  Cheesy

soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 01:06:46 PM

... and get some of these games out the door that use Blakecoin...

Blakecoin has huge potential. I've followed it off and on since just about when it started and bought some on Cryptsy early and Bittrex now at cheaper levels. Originally I did not like the name, because I thought some guy named Blake had named the coin after himself. Thought the same about joulecoin.

Why the coin is so utterly ignored, I'm not sure, but it deffinitely will be a good coin to have long term.

In my opinion, the game thing is important but there are two main trends that will probably influence the success of individual coins, the algorithm, or 'usefulness and distribution', and the exchange factor.

Blaketrader was probably the prototype for what most coins will start doing eventually, as currencies get actual use, and it would be a good idea for somebody who knows technical stuff to restart something like that. It will have low volume for a while but it will be a major asset to have something like that waiting for crypto to become mainstream.

The game aspect is more important though. I've looked at a few of the coins associated with games and I think the ideal is to have the mining of the coin tied to some process in the game, what Huntercoin calls 'human mining'. I'm sure that suggestion won't be followed but it is a good longterm idea and should be considered a background idea to ponder in development.

Yes I also noticed that gamers coins for this time are going well. And the game aspect is very important. I agree with you.

I like this coin name. It sounds cool. And previously I hadn't thought that someone who named Blake had named the coin after himself  Cheesy

But if you're insinuating to re-branding. Rebranding must to be only with new development accordingly to new name. To switch new name to the long term.

As to me Blake need more actual use and more promotion. Anyway it's a good long term coin with a lot of potential.

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:32:31 AM

Yes I also noticed that gamers coins for this time are going well. And the game aspect is very important. I agree with you.

I like this coin name. It sounds cool. And previously I hadn't thought that someone who named Blake had named the coin after himself  Cheesy

But if you're insinuating to re-branding. Rebranding must to be only with new development accordingly to new name. To switch new name to the long term.

As to me Blake need more actual use and more promotion. Anyway it's a good long term coin with a lot of potential.

Definitely not suggesting rebranding. In fact it's annoying when coins try to build on 'branding' rather than more substantial things. Blakecoin has a pretty solid bunch of backers, very reliable developers and cosmetics should not be necessary.

Gamers coins are doing well, but a person has to notice what is going on.

There is no question that 'online games' whatever you want to call it is a major niche. But the important thing about games is not the game but the algorithm. I've argued this a lot on the hunter thread and it's important that more people understand it.

In any economy, but especially crypto, a decentralized economy, distribution is extremely important.

Mining a coin that requires hardware or technical knowledge eliminates about 90+ % of the world from even trying it.

Mining that is done through a real human activity, using the human brain or whatever, if adaptable across languages, cultures etc, is the ideal algorithm.

The jump from regular 'mining' to 'human' mining will be bigger than the jump from fiat to crypto. If the process is done ethically and intelligently it will level all economies eventually.

If you look outside the crypto world, outsiders will step in when they see responsible development of a technology that may have significant social benefit. Compare the news articles written about mazacoin, hundreds of articles, in the nyt and other major papers, to news articles on the average shitcoin, dozens of articles in cryptocoinnewsorwhatever.com

Huntercoin has a strong history in this area, and its association with namecoin is important, even if namecoin has plummeted recently.

Blakecoin should break away from the crowded pack and go more in huntercoin's direction. a game coin, or a coin that involves some human activity, maybe more productive than a game, and generates coins to any human who can simply prove they are human. Of course that last part touches on ai which is ultimately much more important than the currency side of crypto.

BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 02:38:07 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 07:08:58 PM by BlueDragon747

Definitely not suggesting rebranding. In fact it's annoying when coins try to build on 'branding' rather than more substantial things. Blakecoin has a pretty solid bunch of backers, very reliable developers and cosmetics should not be necessary.

Gamers coins are doing well, but a person has to notice what is going on.

There is no question that 'online games' whatever you want to call it is a major niche. But the important thing about games is not the game but the algorithm. I've argued this a lot on the hunter thread and it's important that more people understand it.

In any economy, but especially crypto, a decentralized economy, distribution is extremely important.

Mining a coin that requires hardware or technical knowledge eliminates about 90+ % of the world from even trying it.

Mining that is done through a real human activity, using the human brain or whatever, if adaptable across languages, cultures etc, is the ideal algorithm.

The jump from regular 'mining' to 'human' mining will be bigger than the jump from fiat to crypto. If the process is done ethically and intelligently it will level all economies eventually.

If you look outside the crypto world, outsiders will step in when they see responsible development of a technology that may have significant social benefit. Compare the news articles written about mazacoin, hundreds of articles, in the nyt and other major papers, to news articles on the average shitcoin, dozens of articles in cryptocoinnewsorwhatever.com

Huntercoin has a strong history in this area, and its association with namecoin is important, even if namecoin has plummeted recently.

Blakecoin should break away from the crowded pack and go more in huntercoin's direction. a game coin, or a coin that involves some human activity, maybe more productive than a game, and generates coins to any human who can simply prove they are human. Of course that last part touches on ai which is ultimately much more important than the currency side of crypto.

just to make it clear for everyone

1. no plans on rename/rebrand

2. no plans to change PoW algo for minting blocks (its cryptographic secure to 2200 e.g very difficult to cheat/exploit the PoW algo)

3. the 8 round Blake256 algo has since Blakecoin was release been suitable for PoW mining alongside other programs on most mid/high end gaming machines(dual mining on mining rigs) so with some knowledge I am sure most gamers will have little issues gaming/mining on same machine now and in future  Cheesy

4. no plans to fix Blakecoin to a single virtual space/game like some other coins (full featured standalone currency economy between game systems is major bonus to Blakecoin and why it was made!) *Blakecoin is not limited to just games either and has more flexabilty (than say Bitcoin or others) as can adopt features from many sources with few obstacles apart from time/effort

5. distribution is ongoing and should not end within my lifetime, how the distribution is currently spread within the free market is not my concern

6. coin rewards/farming(gold farming within MMO games is the norm) for human players it is what I am working on(I will identify bots and macros and reduce/stop rewards if/when abused) but it does not include block generation so from a crypto point of view is not "mining" it is a rewards/resource for player/gamer playing the game title(s)

7. no knowledge ability to use and obtain the currency within the games(events/rewards) is a feature but it will be challenging for the player/gamer and does need time/testing for balancing the effort needed(I doubt it will replace standard PoW mining for hardcore gamers but it does help the 90% of other more casual gamers)

*PoW mining, events/rewards or buying from an exchange is no more difficult than the ways some popular American,Korean,European MMO games make their gold/credits/tokens purchases, many gamers will have transferable skills in this area although some of the process maybe new to them

**another point is that some of these popular games also have strict rules/restrictions about the transfer, sale, exchange of digital content/credits/tokens/coins etc either between titles, accounts or player/gamer with some making it a ban-able offence according to their T&C  Shocked  this is not the case with way I am looking at the economy using Blakecoin at least for the titles I am developing  Cool

***note that I have no plans to make pay to win games it will need time to balance and things will be easier if you have lots of Blakecoin but for a skilled gamer it should be more than possible to fully enjoy the games without paying any extra than is available to them assuming they put the hours/effort into events/quest/grinding (for those that are lazy or have limited play time then as I said they should have few issues obtaining Blakecoin on the free market)  

8. digital content that evolves/levels/gains new stats is one of the things I am working on within my other projects (generating unique references for digital content)

9. IBM's Watson already shows AI can do as well as Humans in games. "prove they are human" within academia this is a hot topic for research and it has already been shown AI passing the Turing Test as far back as mid 2014 let alone 2016+ thus is out of scope for these projects (type of thing Google or other large well funded organizations might work on with large teams and plenty of $ to fund research + big data to feed to the algo)

*even trying to work out big o for a simple algo/function can be difficult most of the up and coming AI tend to use self organizing/learning networks to look at large datasets(big data) to apply the rules too

**imho its complex and has its own place within computing its far easier to make a mistake and produce a total crap algo that someone then exploits possibly to the ruin of the network than it is to successfully create one that can prove some input came from a Human and not a bot or replay of a Human input Roll Eyes

10. using Blakecoin it is possible prove buy/sell of digital content and current ownership within games although it needs to be more transparent(avoids injection attacks against framework/platform and its databases) could also expand into contracts with some added layers(currently that is beyond scope but keeping an eye open for developments in this area)

11. currently I am working solo on these projects and I also need time for other work(to pay bills etc). I have not given up and it is an ongoing WIP although has had many set backs, delays, difficulties and issues along that way but thats half the challenge right  Grin

12. current systems buffer the currencies within the economy based on account this is a compromise and in the future will look into ways to move it all into the blockchain yet leave it usable for player/gamer even if they dont have/want to run a wallet (full/lite) *currently this has a higher risk for me as an operator of the systems but is far more practical to implement and with rate limits reduces the risk

no-ice-please

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:59:59 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 03:12:54 PM by no-ice-please

just to make it clear for everyone

5. distribution is ongoing and should not end within my lifetime, how the distribution is currently spread within the free market is not my concern

9. IBM's Watson already shows AI can do as well as Humans in games. "prove they are human" within academia this is a hot topic for research and it has already been shown AI passing the Turing Test as far back as mid 2014 let alone 2016+ thus is out of scope for these projects (type of thing Google or other large well funded organizations might work on with large teams and plenty of $ to fund research + big data to feed to the algo)

*even trying to work out big o for a simple algo/function can be difficult most of the up and coming AI tend to use self organizing/learning networks to look at large datasets(big data) to apply the rules too

**imho its complex and has its own place within computing its far easier to make a mistake and produce a total crap algo that someone then exploits possibly to the ruin of the network than it is to successfully create one that can prove some input came from a Human and not a bot or replay of a Human input Roll Eyes

I'm an argumentative person and don't want to fall into my habit of offtopic spamming, but I'll make a few points then drop it.

With regard to 5)
It's very common for people to fall into Orwellian language traps. You can call something "a free market" because you have freedom in the market, but if you ask a mouse what the best mousetrap is they won't choose the one that catches the most. One of the biggest changes in crypto over fiat is that phraseslike "free market" can be redefined according to more natural rules.

With regard to 9)
Calling the 'test' at that link a Turing test is like saying "people do addition, therefore if a computer does addition it passes the Turing test". Again, it's clever language that obscures rather than enlightens.

-

The ai aspect of coins is longterm much more important than the financial side, it is better to focus on reducing scarcity than redistributing.

Eventually all coins will have "productive" algorithms, whether science coins like fldc and grc or mathcoins like xpm, ric, gap etc or coins that can easily be adapted to ai like huc.

Coins are like anything else, as good as a coin might be, it has to adapt. Coins that cling to useless algorithm, poor distribution techniques, etc will not thrive. Blakecoin has a good ethical history, active supporters despite a near zero market cap, a history that goes back a little further than most coins, etc. Those things are all good but unless it keeps an edge it will not advance.

With regard to 'gaming, I am not personally a gamer but I recognize the importance of gaming as a way to develop algorithms that incorporate human input, which can be directed to something useful. I think the current 'pump' around gamecoins is strictly a pump, except in cases where the coin focuses on actual human interaction with the algorithm, i.e., very few of the game coins. i don't especially care for one coin or another, but I think it's useful to try and promote coins developing in a positive direction.

edit to add
http://www.kurzweilai.net/ask-ray-response-to-announcement-of-chatbot-eugene-goostman-passing-the-turing-test
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 05:07:10 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 08:45:08 AM by BlueDragon747

I'm an argumentative person and don't want to fall into my habit of offtopic spamming, but I'll make a few points then drop it.

With regard to 5)
It's very common for people to fall into Orwellian language traps. You can call something "a free market" because you have freedom in the market, but if you ask a mouse what the best mousetrap is they won't choose the one that catches the most. One of the biggest changes in crypto over fiat is that phraseslike "free market" can be redefined according to more natural rules.

With regard to 9)
Calling the 'test' at that link a Turing test is like saying "people do addition, therefore if a computer does addition it passes the Turing test". Again, it's clever language that obscures rather than enlightens.

-

The ai aspect of coins is longterm much more important than the financial side, it is better to focus on reducing scarcity than redistributing.

Eventually all coins will have "productive" algorithms, whether science coins like fldc and grc or mathcoins like xpm, ric, gap etc or coins that can easily be adapted to ai like huc.

Coins are like anything else, as good as a coin might be, it has to adapt. Coins that cling to useless algorithm, poor distribution techniques, etc will not thrive. Blakecoin has a good ethical history, active supporters despite a near zero market cap, a history that goes back a little further than most coins, etc. Those things are all good but unless it keeps an edge it will not advance.

With regard to 'gaming, I am not personally a gamer but I recognize the importance of gaming as a way to develop algorithms that incorporate human input, which can be directed to something useful. I think the current 'pump' around gamecoins is strictly a pump, except in cases where the coin focuses on actual human interaction with the algorithm, i.e., very few of the game coins. i don't especially care for one coin or another, but I think it's useful to try and promote coins developing in a positive direction.

With regard to 5)
"free market" what I am referring too is independently available Blakecoin held by 3rd person(s) for sale *for example people selling Blakecoin on exchanges (which there are more than one)

With regard to 9)
a 'test' can be defined by an algorithm especially when you are referring to proof "prove they are human" which is often a result of a test like taking an exam or with mammals maybe DNA/Blood to check to see if it is Human

what the Turing test does is try to fool a select group of people who are interacting with a system and make them think they are dealing with a Human and not an algorithm or computer program, if you can fool the person you can indeed exploit an algo as they are often only as good as the human developer that designed it and afraid to say but all of us humans are flawed and often limited in our imaginations thus miss things and create the exploits that others expose if we are lucky or just plain exploit if we are not and I am definitely not an exception to this rule  Embarrassed

"When the judge is unable to distinguish correctly between the human and the artificial solutions, the machine has passed the test and should be considered intelligent" the judge in this case is my proof algo

so if I made an algo that was to test for a Human over the internet the winner gets a reward and I picked Chess or jeopardy then my algo might pick.

Chess: "Deep Blue and Kasparov played each other on two occasions. The first match began on February 10, 1996, in which Deep Blue became the first machine to win a chess game against a reigning world champion (Garry Kasparov) under regular time controls."

jeopardy: "IBM Watson wowed the tech industry and a corner of U.S. pop culture with its 2011 win against two of Jeopardy's greatest champions."

oh dear seem to be a flaw in trying to identify a Human as my crap algo just picked two machines Oops  Cry

I have also seen within the crypto scene: an exploit of a supposed Human only PoW algo based on the sensor input of a mobile, one guy taped three phones and put it on a spinning laundry rack the another just used a development emulator and injected a simulation of sensor data with random(pseudo) timings both exploited the algo within days of its release  Roll Eyes

hence why I said "2. no plans to change PoW algo for minting blocks (its cryptographic secure to 2200 e.g very difficult to cheat/exploit the PoW algo)"

"Coins are like anything else, as good as a coin might be, it has to adapt. Coins that cling to useless algorithm, poor distribution techniques, etc will not thrive."

Crypto coins that are only used for P&D, VC cash ponzi etc are imho total trash regardless of the algo what matters is use and more widespread daily use by people that are not involved in development/investing the better e.g https by next year most site will be using it even if 90% of users dont notice or care that its about encryption or that some versions like ssl are trash due to exploits and bad implementation *this is main killer of a algo and its far too easy to do  Embarrassed

-

my AI work will focus on games not coins as the userbase is far greater and so is the reusability for current projects

"Eventually all coins will have "productive" algorithms"

I would class securing the blockchain as "productive" and if I am also using the same blockchain to help protect the integrity of my databases as stuff like database hacks for online systems are a real threat to operations then it is also saving me development time then its only increasing my productivity then multiple that by the number of systems it is securing

did I yet mention that fact that Blakecoin is merge mined currently with five other blockchains for same work which all could be doing much more useful things than they currently are and the merge could be much larger than it is if only could find decent non scam devs!

"promote coins developing in a positive direction" great look forward to getting your code contributions on my github because talk is cheap when development is concerned and I can always use more help on open source side of things Grin

my personal thoughts:
use (games in my case) = demand (because a lot of people are lazy or just want stuff now)

high quality games that are fun = larger amount of users (especially if the games are F2P *Free to Play)

games = more global use next year than most/all crypto coins unless someone does a killer app *sure we will see a few bs devs claim then fail at this  Roll Eyes

crypto scene = toxic dev environment full of scammers and shills all making fast buck and mostly talking complete bs about vaporware of one kind or another Angry

realistic goals = achievement *my current achievement is crap! no excuses projects should be much further ahead by now, deadlines missed all sorts of issues and stress not to mention costs and a good chunk of my life invested already in these projects and fewer people helping out, if I was to do over(magical time machine) I would still do a no bs/hype coin and still do games just multiplayer stuff that scale easier than MMOs then build up and hopefully attract more developers to ease the workload

games = interactive entertainment *you can use games for teaching and other useful things but fact is that area amounts to a very small userbase vs pure entertainment especially online with the shared experience *it is already taking a chunk of daily users from tv as did tv from radio or online websites from printed news paper etc... *thing that surprises me the most is amount of people watching others play e.g Twitch much faster growth than I would have expected over past couple of years  Shocked

I am bias though as I am a gamer and have more than 25 years gaming under my belt so far, when I built my first PC was only 13 and why so I could do useful things like homework nope was to play Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein after school which for me was major 3d games "oh wow the graphics looks so cool amazing" at least thats what I thought compared with the spectrum 128 I started with  Grin

"unless it keeps an edge it will not advance"
My passion/obsession for games runs very deep thats why I continue till I get it right even if I need to do it mostly alone for years but just like my electronics/astronomy when its working right the feeling is out of this world pure excitement/bliss/joy something like that especially when its shared with family and friends often lose a week or two after trying to get it perfect though which is often OTT  Roll Eyes

my edge is the fact its not all about money nor about a wallet/coin its about the whole thing working as I see it which is hard to explain from a business point of view right now its a failure (over budget and seriously over due) but optimism helps blind that reality and keeps me going, and as for "fresh blood"/"new investors" bla bla it has little interest for me f*ck em if they dont understand let them get ripped off by some scam ahole with a over hyped/bs/ponzi/vaporware project he/she does not give a damn about once they got your loot

games development and publishing is the place I am heading there is no missing the boat/train crap some people come out with, I am stressed and "sassy" at times when some question things but its because I really do care/obsess about the things I do and am passionate about, something dev ops here in london does not do for me it only provides £££££ for my projects or expenses(no wife/kids) so I indulge in my projects when stuff works right the feeling makes all this bs we put up with in life worth it, I know some may find it bit sad act but its what does it for me  Grin

I already think I have the people that will also enjoy my vision not as many as some crypto projects thats for sure but the quality and good wishes is rewarding in its own right, although I do feel like taking this long to get my sh!t in order pull my finger out and release something is letting them down a bit and thats not so cool my bad sorry folks Cry

if you dont understand what drives me or these projects then please save us both some time and just go elsewhere to something you do get! best of luck hope you strike it rich, get front row for a moon shot or find a golden investment that is worth more than the earth itself bla bla etc etc... Roll Eyes  Cheesy  Grin

sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 11:58:15 AM

I already think I have the people that will also enjoy my vision not as many as some crypto projects thats for sure but the quality and good wishes is rewarding in its own right, although I do feel like taking this long to get my sh!t in order pull my finger out and release something is letting them down a bit and thats not so cool my bad sorry folks Cry

There are no worries sir! It will ultimately all come together.  Grin

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:16:56 PM

We are behind you Blue. Push forward!

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 03:44:23 PM

Been working on some other items and some rl issues...

Finally getting a grip.

Ready to dive back into development very soon ...

We are behind you Blue. Push forward!

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 08:05:49 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 08:56:58 PM by BlueDragon747

some unwanted traffic is being directed at eu3 monitoring and blocking atm Angry

*it is possible while this is going on to get false positive detection so if you have connection issues to eu3 let me know

Edit:
should be ok now  Cool

auto admin will do rest let me know if you get any issues

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: