Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:06:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99224 times)
mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 12:03:07 AM

I can't find anything helpful in the Help section on Purse, so I'll ask here.

I've done 20+ transactions on Purse, but none recently. I just tried putting a small order (tetherball) on Purse, but found myself unable to adjust the discount from the 8% default. I went ahead and just did the 8% and saw it was immediately accepted by "Purseinstant" which sounds good enough, but I'm curious as to why I couldn't adjust the discount. Was it because of the small size of the order (<$15), or something about my approval levels (2/5)?

For those grouching about Purse being a hassle for small orders, I'd point out that if you don't have Amazon Prime the free shipping alone makes Purse worthwhile, and I probably did the whole order almost as fast as if I'd made the purchase on Amazon, since I already had a bit of BTC stashed at Purse and didn't have to mess with credit card details, etc.

It's probably because you use internet explorer, which we don't support.

I think things like that should be stated on every page of purse. Its important when scripts dont work and there are ways to show such a message when an internet explorer is recognized. Its easy to implement and probably would prevent questions, answering time and customers who are disappointed. Only saying...

Good point, we'll do that.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ging287

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:24:49 PM

Does anybody have any good experiences with Purse? I've admittedly made some good money via a secret method of mine and want to spend it, but I'm not sure how speedy or how legitimate Purse is. I've read the past pages and it sounds good, but I wanna hear from somebody's whose actually been on the selling-Bitcoin side.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:35:33 PM

Most of the time it works fine. And Purse management has been very constructive and attentive in their communications where there are issues. I've used them 20+ times, and apart from glitches such as I had a few days ago their system works well. My only really serious complaint is with Amazon itself, but that's a whole other story.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:02:20 PM

When they had amazon.de available i got 50% discounts very fast. Though purse takes a hefty fee then and the real discount is only 35% then.

Now that they closed whole amazon.de im bound to use amazon.co.uk or amazon.com. Im at the bottom of the list and since a longer time i got no buyer. Guess those markets arent very good for higher discounts.

I now tried amazon4u since its better to get 25% than 35% with waiting for it ages and not knowing when it comes at all. amazon4u registered only in february. So far he is friendly and he orders items that ship to your address or he sells vouchers for amazon. I guess if he would be a carder then some problems would have arised already. If he would be someone who bought all the vouchers with credit card and makes a chargeback then... then i wonder if that would work since he not only sells vouchers, who he could claim were stolen, but he buys and ships items directly too.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and hope things are still well in a year.

I would like though to know a way to buy amazon vouchers for 50% off and not having the risk of the seller claiming his code was stolen so that amazon charges the amount back. Anyone know how to do this?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tsukitten

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:35:17 PM

If I use 50% discount (which is actually 35% discount after fees) does it typically takes longer than 8 days to receive what you bought?

For reference the low discount said 3-4 days, and the high discount said 7-8 days, I've never used purse.io before
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 02:00:10 PM

If I use 50% discount (which is actually 35% discount after fees) does it typically takes longer than 8 days to receive what you bought?

For reference the low discount said 3-4 days, and the high discount said 7-8 days, I've never used purse.io before

Depends mostly on how many users are before you i think. Check the buy tab and sort for your country. Then search for "Your order" and you will find it. Then you can guess how long it will take.

It might be that in your amazons country orders are taken slower maybe.

tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:27:23 PM

I can't log into my account for some reason. When I click on new password I get invalid details contact support. What's wrong?
Ging287

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:10:35 AM

You guys seriously need to add a transaction fee. I backed out of my Amazon thing because I wanted to get more BTC and I withdrew it and you guys have no transaction fee. It could take days for the BTC to be confirmed. A transaction fee is like two pennies and should be automatically extracted from the withdrawal amount. There's literally no excuse for there not to be one.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 06:38:44 PM

Are we allowed to purchase gift cards through purse.io?

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:20:28 PM

Yes, you are, it's even listed as one of the examples.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 07:21:14 PM

Awesome. Thanks.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 12:29:59 PM

Really? Last time i tried it did not accept the product. Purse simply claimed my wishlist is empty.

Do you mean non amazon gift cards? Or does it work on certain amazon markets only?

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:28:12 PM

Really? Last time i tried it did not accept the product. Purse simply claimed my wishlist is empty.

Do you mean non amazon gift cards? Or does it work on certain amazon markets only?

It only works on US, since in US you can add gift cards with specific balances to your wishlist. For others I don't think they work; I've tried amazon.es and amazon.co.uk and they don't work.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:47:48 AM

It only works on US, since in US you can add gift cards with specific balances to your wishlist. For others I don't think they work; I've tried amazon.es and amazon.co.uk and they don't work.

On amazon.de you can add your own balance too. But it didnt work when amazon.de was still available.

LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:04:51 PM

On amazon.de you can add your own balance too. But it didnt work when amazon.de was still available.

Will it be available again? I appreciated the service very much!
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:25:35 PM

I keep getting this error: https://i.imgur.com/E3m1VEj.png

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 08:14:00 PM

Will it be available again? I appreciated the service very much!

Last thing i heard was that they have no immediate plan to reopen it.

thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:15:48 AM

Hey,
How do I get the tracking link of my order that has been placed on purse.io?
Also if my order is in shipping, can I get it cancelled(I messed up with address and have put the wrong address)?
If it gets cancelled then I guess the buyer will get his money back from amazon and my bitcoins will be out of the escrow back to me and then I can place a new order with correct shipping address.
Is this possible ? Any experiences?

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:20:25 AM

How much does the seller get to know about the buyer? For example, does it show the buyer's name when they buy something for them?

It may have to be a physical card that, not an electronic one.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:25:11 AM

How much does the seller get to know about the buyer? For example, does it show the buyer's name when they buy something for them?

It may have to be a physical card that, not an electronic one.
When I placed my order, I was only able to see the "username" of the buyer and nothing else.
I hope by buyer you mean the person who is paying for your order and seller = the person who is ordering for amazon.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: