Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:30:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99224 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:15:57 AM

A little off-topic from the normal "how the site works" here, but did the guy that got in trouble over someone using a stolen credit card to send his order ever get it resolved? And have there been any other reports since then?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:22:34 PM

A little off-topic from the normal "how the site works" here, but did the guy that got in trouble over someone using a stolen credit card to send his order ever get it resolved? And have there been any other reports since then?

As far as I know, Purse paid all the legal fees for him and got him out of the mess. Haven't heard anything similar since then.
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:18:14 AM

Regarding fees:

That is nice that you put up your fees table on an obscured forum on the Internets, the question is, visitors to your website can easily find it in a visible place?

We'll probably just abstract the whole fee thing
I don't quite get this, maybe because I am not a native speaker.
manicminer

Activity: 302

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:20:21 AM

Regarding fees:

Fee is 1% for discounts of 10% or less, then it scales exponentially using this equation: FEE = exp((x - 10)/15), x being the requested discount.

Is the fee only shown in an obscured part of this blog post? https://purse.io/blog/post/101598347574/the-purse-discount

Looks good - this is the maximum resolution, really:

Perhaps, you wanted to show some example numbers as well?

Anyways, you have written here FEE = exp((x - 10)/15), on the small picture, the numbers are 0.1 and 0.15; I understand it is because one is in % and the other is not, but perhaps could you give a full rundown on this, so at least I can put the thing into Excel and see it for myself. The numbers just do not add up - yet.

It seems also, that you are looking for clients who are also mathematicians - it is not difficult maths, sure; just sayin' that for some of your target market it might be. Or, you don't consider those folks as your target market.

Edit: I just see the equation on the picture is a power (number), on your text above it is not. Still, need this to work with in Excel.

Anyone would be kind enough to put the record straight for me on this calculation? Either mrkent or someone else.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:59:59 AM

As far as I know, Purse paid all the legal fees for him and got him out of the mess. Haven't heard anything similar since then.

That's great to hear. It's something I was worried about from the beginning, and when it ended up happening, it just further showed how risky the transactions can be.

It's something that stretches far past just Purse, too, in that the majority of services crypto-related can be attacked in the same manner. So it's good to hear Purse is willing to help out those that get caught in it using their services!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Donho

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:59:28 PM

Are there any plans to make amazon.de available again?
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

Just wanted to ask that is purse instant only available at amazon.com? What's the problem in implementing it with amazon.in or other such sites??

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 12:47:02 PM

Are there any plans to make amazon.de available again?

Last time i asked, two weeks ago or so, mrkent (i believe) answered me that there are no plans in the near future to open purse to amazon.de again.

I tried out co.uk but it seems buyers are rare there. And shipping costs will add up on orders since its not shipped in the same country.

Amazon.com has more buyers but import taxes and shipping costs kill every percent saving.

So far purse is lowering its possibilities further and further. Too bad... it was good once. Even though i would have wanted them to implement verification to avoid carders and cc chargebacks. Though they didnt even implement it yet.

As long as they dont implement they wont open amazon.de i think. They claimed it was a particularly troubling market. So i dont have hope for it coming back. Looks like they prefer to work on new features instead broadening userbase again.

If it works out... i doubt somehow. I mean 5% with purse instant? Thats not even worth mentioning to go through the process and the extra work. It was 8% in beta, was a little better, but i think with those discounts one wouldnt have much trouble getting a buyer on the market too. So it looks to me like they put a lot of work in a feature that wont bring them much.

Im not the boss so maybe their numbers prove me wrong.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
btc2code

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:14:10 PM

BUMP

Many things cannot be purchased with gift card balances, gift cards, downloadable games, etc. Is there a list somewhere? You generally do not see if your gift card balance is being charged until the last step.

Can you pick other Amazon sellers to avoid sales tax?

The tax depends on the receiving address of your order.

It is mentioned that first timers are restricted to 8% discount, though all the first time sellers I can see show an effective rate higher than 8%. Is some commission included?

Not restricted to 8%. You need to drag the ball on the horizontal scrollbar on top to change discount.

elusive1

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:22:44 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 08:06:58 PM by elusive1

If you change the seller via the " Available at a lower price from other sellers" , you usually can avoid sales tax, often even keeping Prime delivery, The question really was are you allowed to change to other sellers to avoid sales tax?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:35:29 AM

If you change the seller via the " Available at a lower price from other sellers" , you usually can avoid sales tax, often even keeping Prime delivery, The question really was are you allowed to change to other sellers to avoid sales tax?

"From other sellers" is just because they aren't Amazon and therefore handle their own taxes (most skip it altogether). That's a good question though.

elusive1

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:18:15 PM

I guess it is safe to assume that Purse no longer monitors this thread
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 10:17:11 AM

I guess it is safe to assume that Purse no longer monitors this thread

mrkent is from purse. Though they didnt regularly monitor the thread all the time. They only check occassionally in. So i think mrkent will answer questions at some point.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 05:31:31 PM

Is there a way to contact other members of purse directly? For the moment it seems i only can stay in contact as long as a trade is going on. Before or after that i cant.

There are often things one would like to discuss with other members. For example previous buyers.

chris_legaspi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:32:17 PM

According to recent statistics, there is a 0.0001% chance of that happening, and even if it does, purse will cover up to $10,000 of legal fees.

For real? That's awesome.
elusive1

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:21:05 PM

When I ship to a gift address,  If I try to track the package on my PC, it does not give me a tracking number. However, on my laptop it does, very odd.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 10:44:14 AM

Does someone know a LETTER forwarder in the US that doesnt want this form for USPS, that has to be signed by a notary?

Trusted member or some service that doesnt need the form would be fine.

Thanks!

mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:22:16 PM

When I ship to a gift address,  If I try to track the package on my PC, it does not give me a tracking number. However, on my laptop it does, very odd.

Can you describe this in detail? If there is a way to get tracking number on gift orders, we'd like to know.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 12:03:41 PM

You cant get the tracking number. Neither the buyer nor the spender will get the tracking number from amazon. I tried the last one and a buyer tried the first one for me. The only thing amazon will tell you is if the tracking is on the way to your address. Which is fine enough i think.

elusive1

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:22:41 PM

You cant get the tracking number. Neither the buyer nor the spender will get the tracking number from amazon. I tried the last one and a buyer tried the first one for me. The only thing amazon will tell you is if the tracking is on the way to your address. Which is fine enough i think.

I thought so too, but on my laptop I get tracking numbers and a slightly different screen look, no idea why
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: