Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99224 times)
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:29:41 AM

Hi, my mobile phone has been stolen and I need to disable 2FA on my purse account, can you help ?

I cant see any support email to write to..

thanks
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 09:53:18 AM

Hi, my mobile phone has been stolen and I need to disable 2FA on my purse account, can you help ?

thanks

You never should enable 2FA without noting done (+ backing up) the code that enables you to recreate that code on another smartphone. Many website owners would never allow you to get past 2FA because you very well could be someone who hacked the email, forum account and so on.

ALWAYS back up 2FA! Its the same like with your wallets. Some people dont realize that its your real money that lies unprotected on a pc. And that pc can break.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:21:42 AM

thanks

You never should enable 2FA without noting done (+ backing up) the code that enables you to recreate that code on another smartphone. Many website owners would never allow you to get past 2FA because you very well could be someone who hacked the email, forum account and so on.

ALWAYS back up 2FA! Its the same like with your wallets. Some people dont realize that its your real money that lies unprotected on a pc. And that pc can break.

thank you for your advice and that's why now I use authy..

the damage is done so... I think theres always possible to call support to disable 2FA. There's always a way to confirm that I am the owner of that account.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 11:38:52 AM

thanks

thank you for your advice and that's why now I use authy..

the damage is done so... I think theres always possible to call support to disable 2FA. There's always a way to confirm that I am the owner of that account.

You should use the chat in purse.io. Or pm mrkent on the forum.

How can you confirm that you are the owner? With your email address? Anything that would not be able for a hacker to achieve?

I dont know how purse is handling it. Maybe youre lucky.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

thanks

Of course, keep in mind the codes, if stolen, allow anyone else to recreate your 2FA. So they need to be kept securely as well, separate from your smartphone (obviously), but also separately from your passwords and account login information. Security is getting to be such a hassle...

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 01:27:04 PM

thanks

Of course, keep in mind the codes, if stolen, allow anyone else to recreate your 2FA. So they need to be kept securely as well, separate from your smartphone (obviously), but also separately from your passwords and account login information. Security is getting to be such a hassle...

Right... seeing that practically no normal person cares about backups of their computer harddiscs, its highly likely many of them dont care, or think at all about, backing up their wallets. One first has to realize that its your actual bank account you have lying around on your computer. You can lose it when the harddisc is gone, flat burns down or whatever. And it might be stolen easily by hackers.

I think the freedom bitcoin gives needs a fast learning curve regarding security. Though thats the same with bitcoin investments i guess.  Roll Eyes

Hopefully this awareness grows fast and doesnt hurt bitcoins propagation.

elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:38:33 PM

It certainly is aggravating when the same spenders keep "forgetting " to add shipping to Europe and beyond.
Currently there is a spender with a $24.56 item and a 229 effective rate, however the shipping he "forgets" is $54.
He has had two like this up for days, now there is only one. I assume eventually someone just clicks through and doesn't notice, buyer beware I guess.
Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:27:11 PM

It is not the spender that causes that. The shipping from Amazon can be different based on the country the buyer is in.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 12:41:08 PM

It is not the spender that causes that. The shipping from Amazon can be different based on the country the buyer is in.

Shouldnt it be only because of the target address, which is the spenders one? I mean the packages always have the same way.

I "forgot" at the beginning too and got messages about that. Still offers got taken. Guess some buyers dont care about giving a bit extra discount. Though when its too much they will cancel.

Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:11:11 PM

Shouldnt it be only because of the target address, which is the spenders one? I mean the packages always have the same way.

I "forgot" at the beginning too and got messages about that. Still offers got taken. Guess some buyers dont care about giving a bit extra discount. Though when its too much they will cancel.

You would think but I have gotten feedback from buyers that they get hit with extra charges. Gift cards are a good example. Most have free shipping even if you do not have Prime but some buyers from other countries get hit with $25 to send a $50 gift card.

I have assumed that it is because all of the Amazon sites are not linked like we think they should be. If you are in Europe and hit a wishlist it opens your countries site and attempts to fill the order. My original response was just to clear up the example given above. The spender is in Europe and a European buyer would not have the extra shipping elusive1 was talking about.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 02:01:06 PM

You would think but I have gotten feedback from buyers that they get hit with extra charges. Gift cards are a good example. Most have free shipping even if you do not have Prime but some buyers from other countries get hit with $25 to send a $50 gift card.

I have assumed that it is because all of the Amazon sites are not linked like we think they should be. If you are in Europe and hit a wishlist it opens your countries site and attempts to fill the order. My original response was just to clear up the example given above. The spender is in Europe and a European buyer would not have the extra shipping elusive1 was talking about.

Normally wishlists are completely divided by amazon countries. I have lists for .com .co.uk and .de and there is no connection besides other amazons asking, at the top of the page, if i would not like to go to my countries amazon.

And gift cards... i cant let gift cards from other countries be send to me. gift codes doesnt work with purse at all, gift cards dont ship to my country. I searched for a forwarder but they want a formal letter, signed by a notary to process my letters.  Roll Eyes As if i would pay one for that.

Maybe some countries have special rules about gift cards. Some extra tax on it?

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 05:21:57 AM

I can't find Amazon.in products in purse.io. Will you be supporting Amazon.in soon?

Crypto.Conyo

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:42:32 AM

I haven't been in the buyer side ever; I only tested Purse.io as a spender. Anyway, I'm a noob.
Is there a way to have a confirmation that the item has been purchased and payed by the buyer? for real?
One of my last orders has been cancelled after 4-5 days since the buyer accepted my order.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:57:11 AM

I haven't been in the buyer side ever; I only tested Purse.io as a spender. Anyway, I'm a noob.
Is there a way to have a confirmation that the item has been purchased and payed by the buyer? for real?
One of my last orders has been cancelled after 4-5 days since the buyer accepted my order.

Can't you see that information in Order Status from your dashboard ?

Mine says: Processing Shipment
Crypto.Conyo

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:50:16 AM

Well, I had a "Processing Shipment" status order, cancelled after 4-5 days...
And a new one, just added to the collection few minutes ago (purchased by by the buyer yesterday night).
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:27:57 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 09:38:21 AM by mishax1

And a new one, just added to the collection few minutes ago (purchased by by the buyer yesterday night).

Was societyhai your buyer ? ( tho he only has positive feedback and I hope it will be a smooth deal).
Crypto.Conyo

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:40:39 AM

Was societyhai your buyer ? ( tho he only has positive feedback and I hope it will be a smooth deal).

No, it wasn't him.
I think I'm not allowed to write the name down of the buyer, but it wasn't him.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:52:30 AM

No, it wasn't him.

I just complimented him..  Roll Eyes

But if a buyer is using some stolen credit cards or gift cards then posting his name here may only help reporting and banning him..

If it was a legit buy then it would not had a reason to be canceled..

Did he get any negative feedback ?
Crypto.Conyo

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:59:46 AM

No, it wasn't him.

I just complimented him..  Roll Eyes

But if a buyer is using some stolen credit cards or gift cards then posting his name here may only help reporting and banning him..

Talking about the last cancelled order:
He had 2 neutral feedbacks (yesterday evening). Since he said, he already paid (yesterday), I sent a message (this morning), copying the Purse.io support, asking clarification about the cancellation.
Crypto.Conyo

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:48:17 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 11:10:37 AM by Crypto.Conyo

No, it wasn't him.

I just complimented him..  Roll Eyes

Talking about the last cancelled order:
He had 2 neutral feedbacks (yesterday evening). Since he said, he already paid (yesterday), I sent a message (this morning), copying the Purse.io support, asking clarification about the cancellation.

I'm experiencing one more attempt by the same guy, NOW: order accepted -> Processing Shipment
Current total feeds, now:  3 neutral, 0 transactions.
Let's see what happens (how it could be different ? Sad )

EDIT: the support is currently following this case Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: