Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99224 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:50:55 AM

Well, my experience with Purse is now over.
They finally canceled my order since it did not ship for 3 days (3rd attempt, 10% discount), and I ordered it myself using Free Prime Same Day delivery I got for a one month free Prime membership.
If I would have used Purse Instant I would need to pay extra 7% tax while in my own order I did not have to pay that 7%.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:43:18 AM

They finally canceled my order since it did not ship for 3 days (3rd attempt, 10% discount), and I ordered it myself using Free Prime Same Day delivery I got for a one month free Prime membership.
If I would have used Purse Instant I would need to pay extra 7% tax while in my own order I did not have to pay that 7%.

How does this work? Isnt tax only the vat that you have to pay for importing goods coming form the US into your country?

Normally it should be the same. Though maybe amazon has a store in your country that contains your goods so that it can ship directly from there? But even then... if purse instant would order for you then amazon would ship from there too.

So i dont get why there should be a difference in tax.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:52:34 AM

How does this work? Isnt tax only the vat that you have to pay for importing goods coming form the US into your country?

Normally it should be the same. Though maybe amazon has a store in your country that contains your goods so that it can ship directly from there? But even then... if purse instant would order for you then amazon would ship from there too.

It was ordered to NJ using amazon.com..  I have no idea why they calculated a different vat.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 05:40:45 PM

It was ordered to NJ using amazon.com..  I have no idea why they calculated a different vat.

I pickup orders all of the time at 10%, maybe 15-20 orders per week and it's always smooth.. Only hangups are as others stated, non prime items, or shipping to other countries from the US (I see this often). Sad the experience was so poor, is your Purse username the same?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:45:11 PM

I pickup orders all of the time at 10%, maybe 15-20 orders per week and it's always smooth.. Only hangups are as others stated, non prime items, or shipping to other countries from the US (I see this often). Sad the experience was so poor, is your Purse username the same?

Yeah, same username, why ?
Wings1987

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:13:55 PM

If the default provider of a product is not Amazon you will not be charged sales tax. This does cause problems with some of my orders from time to time.

Example- You place a purse order for Item A and Amazon's site says sold by xyz electronics. The initial order will be on Purse without sales tax. A day later because of stocking levels or however Amazon determines these things, now Amazon is the provider. Your purse order will not work because the buyer will attempt to purchase your wish list and the amounts will not match.

It can be frustrating but I ran into this with Cell phone orders so I imagine that may be part of what was screwing Mishax1 up. This only applies in the US and to someone who lives in a state that Amazon charges tax. (I think about 75% do at this point)
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 06:16:23 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 06:26:26 PM by padrino

It was ordered to NJ using amazon.com..  I have no idea why they calculated a different vat.

Yeah, same username, why ?

Wanted to look through my previous cancelled orders and see if it came up... Nothing here..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 11:55:59 PM

The whole tax thing is extremely complicated. Ever notice when checking out on Amazon that tax is called "Estimated Tax?"

What we plan to do is pre-charge tax to all states that Amazon charges tax in, and if it isn't charged, we'll automatically refund the Instant customer.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
elusive1

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:54:14 PM

Does anyone here know if a seller can pick a secondary vendor to avoid sales tax.
ValerieAnne

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:49:44 PM

I am earning bitcoin, slow but steady (only using faucets..), trying to get some for a larger item that I have wanted for awhile. I'm a bit confused about the site though. I tried both instant and choose your own price. I don't get any information about the seller (especially on instant). When I click on the item, I just get a pop up about ordering, but nothing else. How do I find out who's sending the item/where they are located/etc?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 09:22:34 PM

Purse didnt allow me to contact MrLehmann, a buyer i used on amazon.de. They disabled support for amazon.de and wont enable it but still they dont let me contact him. I liked his service and would still use him.

Maybe MrLehmann is reading here? Please contact me. Thanks. Cheesy

I am earning bitcoin, slow but steady (only using faucets..), trying to get some for a larger item that I have wanted for awhile. I'm a bit confused about the site though. I tried both instant and choose your own price. I don't get any information about the seller (especially on instant). When I click on the item, I just get a pop up about ordering, but nothing else. How do I find out who's sending the item/where they are located/etc?

You wont get names or addresses from the buyers. Purse instant was, im not sure if still, bought from purse itself, not from buyers.

If you have a higher discount then you wait until a buyer buys the products for you. But even then you only get to know his username.

When you use faucets then you should take a look at signature campaigns too. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953

When you get accepted then you will be paid for your posts you write in the forum. Thats way more rewarding than faucets. But dont spam if you want to take part. And you only will be accepted when you have good posts in the past.

Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:19:25 AM

Does anyone here know if a seller can pick a secondary vendor to avoid sales tax.

No. I asked support. It is an Amazon wishlist issue not Purse.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:21:43 AM

what happens when theres a coupon for the item and it doesnt take it off the price till checkout? does it get refunded later?
MikeWW

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:38:05 AM

Thought I would share my first (and last) experience using purse to buy bitcoin with you all.

Their escrow system to protect the bitcoin buyers lacks competent human input, common sense and seems to rely 99% on some sort of learning algo to make their decisions for them.

It has taken me 3days of emailing them (they respond in 24hour intervals) with proof of delivery to get Purse support to just ask the bitcoin seller whether he had receieved the giftcard. I believe they only asked him because I kept pushing and threaten to do a chargeback.

Here is a screenshot of the emails: https://i.imgur.com/7HGSu07.png

Make your own mind up but be ready to be treated guilty and pretty much ignored until you push to prove yourself innocent
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:50:05 PM

Thought I would share my first (and last) experience using purse to buy bitcoin with you all.

Their escrow system to protect the bitcoin buyers lacks competent human input, common sense and seems to rely 99% on some sort of learning algo to make their decisions for them.

It has taken me 3days of emailing them (they respond in 24hour intervals) with proof of delivery to get Purse support to just ask the bitcoin seller whether he had receieved the giftcard. I believe they only asked him because I kept pushing and threaten to do a chargeback.

Make your own mind up but be ready to be treated guilty and pretty much ignored until you push to prove yourself innocent

hm

well, they did activate your account

I didn't have any trouble with them so far

Once the buyer didn't click the goods were delivered, I complanied and they released my bitcoins from escrow really fast

Looking for a signature campaign.
btc2code

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:10:18 PM

http://prntscr.com/7kqz6a

I wonder why Purse does know those Amazon orders were cancelled?
BlackSpidy

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:03:10 PM

Is there a way to keep the order private, so that I just fund it later and publish it?

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 06:21:47 PM

Is there a way to keep the order private, so that I just fund it later and publish it?

Your order will only be published when enough funds are in your account. Though when you have a couple orders that are funded and waiting to be bought and another order you will hide, but there would be enough funds in your account, then there is no way to hide it.

The only solution would be to safe your wishlist and make notes about shipping costs and vat. Then you can create the order fast.

sneakgeekz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:47:38 PM

is purse down I cant login it does not recognize my login credentials?
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:08:52 PM

is purse down I cant login it does not recognize my login credentials?

Working with facebook.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: