Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99232 times)
elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:41:39 PM

Yesterday was great, lots of offers under 20%
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 05:41:23 PM by TracerX

Well, I guess someone is trying to pull a fast one on me.  I received a 20 dollar item from amazon today in the place of the 800 dollar item I purchased.  Opened a ticket, obviously, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience recently?  We'll see how support goes--at this point I'm not super pumped.

Escrow hasn't been released, at least.

It appears amazon may have screwed this up--Purse.io responded super fast, and I appreciate their support.  As soon as this get resolved I'll let you guys know!
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:45:00 PM

Why have Purse's servers been down so much recently? Is there a fix for that in the works?

What happens if the item in our wishlist changes price after we put an order in for it on Purse? I listed a camera a few days ago that was $129.99. Now the price has dropped to $99.99 and I'd like to be able to snag it at the lower price, but can't get into Purse to cancel/modify my order. (Would like to use the Instant option on Purse at least!)

If someone is able to get into Purse and take up my offer before I cancel it, will it happen at the lower price and with correspondingly less bitcoin out of my pocket? Or could I end up paying the higher price (in effect) due to the server outages?

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:38:14 PM

Why have Purse's servers been down so much recently? Is there a fix for that in the works?

What happens if the item in our wishlist changes price after we put an order in for it on Purse? I listed a camera a few days ago that was $129.99. Now the price has dropped to $99.99 and I'd like to be able to snag it at the lower price, but can't get into Purse to cancel/modify my order. (Would like to use the Instant option on Purse at least!)

If someone is able to get into Purse and take up my offer before I cancel it, will it happen at the lower price and with correspondingly less bitcoin out of my pocket? Or could I end up paying the higher price (in effect) due to the server outages?

Im not sure how fast that happens but usually, when a price changes, then your offer gets cancelled automatically. You then need to recreate it. So if you didnt get an email stating so then its still alive but might get kicked when the server comes back.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:12:56 PM

Im not sure how fast that happens but usually, when a price changes, then your offer gets cancelled automatically. You then need to recreate it. So if you didnt get an email stating so then its still alive but might get kicked when the server comes back.

Thanks for the response! I was able to cancel and then create a new order. (But now the servers are down again, phooey).

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 07:27:28 PM

Thanks for the response! I was able to cancel and then create a new order. (But now the servers are down again, phooey).

Maybe someone tries to hack them with a ddosing? Roll Eyes Guess they might hold some coins. Hopefully they have a cold wallet too.

npl

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:56:51 AM

when clicking 'buy BTC' there's a long wait time for the screen to load. You might want to place a message there ('loading please wait'...) so people know it's not just stuck.

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.
elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:40:22 AM

New client looks great
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 11:43:06 AM

when clicking 'buy BTC' there's a long wait time for the screen to load. You might want to place a message there ('loading please wait'...) so people know it's not just stuck.

I think purse isnt caching that list. When they would cache it then it might be able to load the page much faster. Instantly, like the other pages. I mean they dont update the offers in realtime, only show on top how many new offers came together since loading the page.

Another thing to speed this up would be to have a setting like "Show offers only from this country as standard" And then only load the offers of that country. That could speed up things too.

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:17:38 PM

I think purse isnt caching that list. When they would cache it then it might be able to load the page much faster. Instantly, like the other pages. I mean they dont update the offers in realtime, only show on top how many new offers came together since loading the page.

Another thing to speed this up would be to have a setting like "Show offers only from this country as standard" And then only load the offers of that country. That could speed up things too.

I agree, that would be a very useful feature.

mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 09:50:46 PM

I agree, that would be a very useful feature.

The new site loads much faster as we don't load entire orderbook anymore. We actually do load orders in real time, but we can't add rows in real time because it would be hard to click on orders if the orderbook is shifting in real time.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 12:20:50 PM

Purse now even disallowed buying amazon gift cards. Roll Eyes The restrictions get more and more and i wonder how this will end.

On another note... buying gift codes was only possible on amazon.com anymore, by using gift cards. Only amazon.com has gift cards, so that was the only possibility. Though thats gone now too.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 01:22:34 PM

Is it just me, or does Purse still only work for US Amazon customers? :s
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 01:36:18 PM

Is it just me, or does Purse still only work for US Amazon customers? :s

Works for a pile of Amazon sites around the world..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 01:45:03 PM

Not when you enter a shipping address though, as the site only accepts US addresses. Unless I'm missing something Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:29:23 PM

Not when you enter a shipping address though, as the site only accepts US addresses. Unless I'm missing something Smiley

When you use purse instant then it only works with amazon.com and only to us addresses. But you can use a wishlist link and let it buy for you from users.

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:53:19 AM

Most grateful if someone could give me the short, simple answer:

If I have a $5 Amazon card, and I want to use Purse.io simply to convert it to Bitcoin, what sort of haircut am I going to take on the btc market price?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 01:34:10 PM

Most grateful if someone could give me the short, simple answer:

If I have a $5 Amazon card, and I want to use Purse.io simply to convert it to Bitcoin, what sort of haircut am I going to take on the btc market price?

You will have a hard time finding an offer that is $5 worth. That would be a really small offer and i dont even know if i saw such small offers on there at all. Oo

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:10:56 PM

Working fine for me and is my preferred way to buy from Amazon. I put up an illustrated guide at use Purse.io to buy from Amazon using bitcoin

onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:07:40 PM

Have you had a chance to advertise your awesome services with bitmedia.io?

Great advertising platform with great tools providing high level statistics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: