Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:05:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1076 times)
crypto_gaint

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:06:09 AM

People dnt have faith in ICO's as there are many scams involved but there are some ICO's which are genuine are are pretty different from others. There's this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io  They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool. The sale has started.

You might also be interested in their BlockGrain.io bounty thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3332256.new#new
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:19:11 AM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

i think it is because too many icos already scam many investors.
it will affecting the investors. they will be more careful to invest on next ICO.
resulting many small ico not collecting enough funds to succeed.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
juditPolgar

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:28:16 AM

I personally think that person may have a bad experience in following the ICO. They get exposed to ICO scams or when they follow ICO the results they get are very small and harm them. Or they may not know how to find good quality ICO so they do not believe that ICO can give a profit. So Too many people are starting to claim that it is all bullshit. Yet it is clear that many ICO is successful and thus only the problem becomes a little selective.

kaylinmaxx

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:50:37 AM

This people who don't believe in ICOs are the people who were once a victims of scams,due to some factors,specially lack of knowledge about what it is,sometimes we cannot blame them also but the truth to myself is that,we must not worry about it,as long as we keep on holding crypto together faith will always be there.ICOs are always good as long as you have to know what it is.I know about it and I still holding my faith about it. Smiley
Jizel

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:01:50 AM

And why should people believe in ICO's? This is a completely new movement, with money and associated with increased risk. As a roulette - today you are a millionaire, and tomorrow a beggar. Far from all seek to risk what they have, for the sake of a possible win. Today read the news that bitcoin again fell in price, amid allegations by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Berkshire Hathaway head Warren Buffett that the crypto currency is "badly finished." If such giants claim this, then what kind of confidence can we talk about?
veraro

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:06:12 PM

Many people know very little about cryptocurrency and ico. But they heard about scams in crypto and about investors who lost their money. So they think that all ico is scam and don't want deal with it.

Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:16:39 PM

IT's because there are too many cases that has been reported that people were get scammed on the ICO stages that's why I don't buy coins through ICOs but instead I do invest only when that new altcoins bumped on coin or crypto exchanges and more especially when it's get listed on coinmarketcap.com.
I have fear that I may lost my hard-earned money when investing on ICOs that will take away my money and my investments.

steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:21:15 PM

people have no faith in ICO becase there are more scam in the past, and it's hard to tell clearly ,so  before investing in Ico, you need to study the company, read the white paper and make sure its business is legal.
Valuyet

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:23:01 PM

Many people know very little about cryptocurrency and ico. But they heard about scams in crypto and about investors who lost their money. So they think that all ico is scam and don't want deal with it.

I agree, please who do know about Bitcoin, altcoins and blockchain technology but still they have lack of knowledge when in terms of ICO investments.
there are too many crypto young investors today that are eager to invest on ICOs but they lack knowledge and experiences that's why most of them aren't earning higher profits over experienced investors and traders.

Valuyet

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

people have no faith in ICO becase there are more scam in the past, and it's hard to tell clearly ,so  before investing in Ico, you need to study the company, read the white paper and make sure its business is legal.

one of the scam bounty campaign that I joined early this year was Denaro.io.
scammers bagged investors' investments worth of almost $10 million and has reported to authorities but until today there's still no news or updated regarding the scammers and their whereabouts.
THis is the main reason why there are now less ICO investors except for those ICOs that have best dev and marketing teams.

rlm42

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:28:41 PM

ICO start the same people like us. Someone is greedy, and its purpose is not a project, but simply to make money, or a banal fraud scheme. Further, no one is insured from marketing and planning errors. And once again, when you come across such startups, you look at further projects with caution and choose more carefully. Well, someone just makes a conclusion that all of them is scam is and doesn't participate into them anymore.
Atm2020

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:33:35 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

Because of the ICO myths people believe in. Myths like all ICOs are scam, if you invest in ico you will lose, investing in fiat currency is better than ICOs and all that.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:33:43 PM

The reason why people don't believe in ico is not only because they have been scammed, the second reason is because projects developing for a long time. People are waiting and sometimes think that they have been scammed.

Atm2020

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:34:07 PM

Because of the ICO myths people believe in. Myths like all ICOs are scam, if you invest in ico you will lose, investing in fiat currency is better than ICOs and all that.
Omooba098

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:43:02 PM

Past experience of some investors who have fallen  victims of the ICO scam. Some ICOs just dupe their investors after realizing much money from their so called pre sale and cart away with the money. Not all ICOs are scam though, we still a good number of them like PEP NETWORK.
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:48:15 PM

Many of them already know that they can lose money and time on ICO's. When I was new I was believe on almost every ICO , then I find out that many of them are just made it to take your investment and then dissapear. Example: I was participated in signature and social media campaign for one ICO , that was over 01.03. and till now I didn't get anything because they just extend token sale 2 times. First should end in 10.04. , then 16.05 and now they extended to 14.06. That's why I don't really like ICO.
greydking

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:57:08 PM

there are too many scams now and most projects are just air, its nothing strange that most of them have a truely bad performance after hitting exchanges, why should we give our money to them?
Alanpigi80

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:54:59 PM

A lot of people lost a lot of money and time in some ICOs, that could be one valid argument why people are not into new projects
Vova.vova

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:35:39 PM

I want to tell you about ICO Vireo. Project Vireo is very promising and reliable, that’s why you can invest in this ICO and be sure of successful cooperation! Try it!
MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

It's just simple, FEAR. Fear of been scammed, fear of losing, fear of choosing a good ico, fear, fear, and nothing but fear........
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: