Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1071 times)
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:32:11 PM

That's not completely true. People are still joining bigger ICO's in large numbers. Only difference is that they are getting more cautious because of many fake ICO's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boboyboi

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:55:17 PM

This people who don't believe in ICOs are the people who were once a victims of scams,due to some factors,specially lack of knowledge about what it is,sometimes we cannot blame them also but the truth to myself is that,we must not worry about it,as long as we keep on holding crypto together faith will always be there.ICOs are always good as long as you have to know what it is.I know about it and I still holding my faith about it.
wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:00:47 PM

maybe , They heared from other people who got scammed from some ico.Also they are not educated enough aboujt the project.Before investing ,we need to read, research and observe the ico or project if its legit and the people behind are real by just checking their social media accounts.And always remember  invest the money where you  can afford to loose.Dont invest you family badget.
coolws

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

As is known to all, there are too many ICO projects in the cryptocurrencies and most of them are scam ICOs which would let people distrust in ICOs even if it still has great projects. What's more, there is a long way to earn money from ICO and full of risk. Not everyone has enough patience and wait till coin has reached up to the great price.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
judaspriest

Activity: 1330
Merit: 100

C O M B O

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:12:53 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

what do you think ? I think you are not a newbie like your rank.
talking about ico investment, one must be well aware of what he is doing. even more so in funding his money on some crypto projects. yes, knowledge is the most important part. if someone does not have the slightest knowledge, how will he be able to believe in an ico?

upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:18:16 AM

ICO's image is a little bad because people think it's a fraud. This idea will change one day, but first everyone has to trust ICO if the project is promising and good. If the number of participants increases, ICOs will succeed and nobody will be afraid of it.

GREENPEACE34

Activity: 642
Merit: 12

RiveMont

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:37:51 AM

Everyone has their own experience and someone got a loss from participating in the ICO and then does not want to take any more risks. I think it is necessary to approach the elections of ICO more carefully and not expect a quick profit.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
AdamSv

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:41:35 AM

Now more and more information is coming that the ICO has more than 80% of scammers. Although in reality it is not. Because people are rowing with the same brush of scams and projects that just are unable to start. Are two different things. Not all startups survive to their birth. There's nothing weird about that. Always wins the best offer. Just learn how to filter ICO by their usefulness in our world, as well as study teams. Just study the information about what you need to start the project and compare it with the information on the ICO. Because to run the project we need not only the IDEA of and MONEY. There are a million other important factors that fundamentally affect the ICO.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:04:25 AM

The first answer in this topic was exhaustive. Of course, if you invest money in all projects, you will necessarily encounter fraudsters. Researching projects, I have no impression that 80% of scammers. Not even 50%. But scammers use agressive advertising.

Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:11:53 AM

maybe , They heared from other people who got scammed from some ico.Also they are not educated enough aboujt the project.Before investing ,we need to read, research and observe the ico or project if its legit and the people behind are real by just checking their social media accounts.And always remember  invest the money where you  can afford to loose.Dont invest you family badget.

People nowdays not really know about what is cryptocurrency and hownit works.
Thats one of the big problem why they dont have faith to crypto and also ico.
They have to believe to cryptocurrency to build the trust to it.
alonelyorange

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:19:03 AM

the ico have scam many investor and no body trust the ico now, they are only give good promised when they are release their coin and their ico when they are talking about their ico is potential for the future, but everything was bullshit and they make many people lost their money, where their coin have not price and there are nothing the exchange wanna sell their coin, so it why all of investor stop trust the ico and the united state not allow the ico transaction.
AzamNurWahid

Activity: 658
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:33:43 AM

probably because too many ico scam are popping up so many people are fooled and lose their money ..
one more that i see from an ICO that is when listing price is far below ico price which make investors lose their money also that is why many investors do not trust ico

ramayjen

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:45:15 AM

Because they lack of research and reading. Before joining any ICO please do urself a favor. Research, research, research.. Or else it will be worthless.
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 05:26:29 PM

ICO's image is a little bad because people think it's a fraud. This idea will change one day, but first everyone has to trust ICO if the project is promising and good. If the number of participants increases, ICOs will succeed and nobody will be afraid of it.

Some people in the community are thinking FUD about ICO's. Maybe because they are already become a victims of scam ICO's. Their faith was losing to trust again with ICO's but these are not the end of them. Maybe in the future if they will move on and find the good and honest ICO with promising project and they will succeed and paid off. All their negative experienced will disappear and strong faith back to ICO will remain.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:52:40 PM

Most people that have been into cryptos for a while has been involved into scammy/failed ICO's.

Plus nowaday there's a billion of thoses a day.

Personnaly I kept faith cause even if only 1/3 of ICO i get into are sucessful it's still greatly worth it.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
OlinEmerson

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:10:25 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything
Because mostly ICOs are the scams and people do not research on the ICOs so that's why they lost their money.
oliviatwisp

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:04:32 PM

Because unfortunately most of them became a scam. Now I'm in a project that I think will come to success, Vreo.io https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2886707 . They took a good niche in the market.  They are doing dynamic in-game advertising and going to create marketplace for developers and advertisers. I carefully studied all the information about them, it's all open and accessible. You just need to carefully study projects, using criterias.
The main ones
1. Uniqueness, necessity of idea
2.Clear target
3.Scalability
4.Transparency, properly allocated budget
5.Concept
6.Team
7.Distribution of tokens
There is more information on the Internet about the criteria for choosing ICO
ngocthai789

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:41:10 PM

It depends, same as all other ICO giveaways, it varies widely for instance the bounty/airdrop provided by Marinecoin’s ICO is actually going to be quite worth it on the long haul, the plans are good and the goals are reachable while at the same time pushing the envelope of what a crypto-currency’s are defined as. It has a ICO in which you can earn up to 20000 mtc by completing a task and it’s repeatable every 24h, it’s focused at the community as a whole rather than specifically miners, the community is healthy, and it also supports app making specifically for the crypto-currency. Afterwards the Artificial Intelligence analyses the post for Proof of Promotion. It’s the first machine to machine transaction network since it’s based on AI and uses time dilution technology, you can read up more on it in their whitepaper.MTC additionally has its own exchange which is safe and secure so no need to worry about being stuck with a non-exchangeable crypto-currency.MTC is controlled by the community, the market is quite stable and is growing consistently, so all in all yeah I’d say that there are worth while bounty/airdrops out there, it’s just a point of finding them.
HTMLCOIN

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:43:35 PM

why people have no faith in ICO project ,you can check the ico project price when hit exchange ,90% will below ico price ,people who invest lost their money quickly ,why not buy from market that's more profit then invest ICO
cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:29:45 PM

Many promote good projects, but this does not mean that these projects are doomed to success. People lose faith in ICO projects because of the huge number of scammers.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: