Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1072 times)
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:50:53 PM

A large number of people have already lost a very large amount of money, since there are a lot of scam projects on the market today, people should be more attentive in the market, because scammers are starting to make very good projects, so they can not be determined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MobaAnalog

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:54:11 PM

I have kept hearing it's all in the approach, and that there are ways to tell good from bad, I don't know how things really work around here but is that something people would be willing to share?
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:55:16 PM

I agree that it is hard recognize a good ICO and its harder to not get scammed with ICO's. But it doesnt mean that all ICO's are bad. There are many which does have a meaningful platform and started trading very soon.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SirgulioB

Activity: 477
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:16:58 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 11:54:40 AM by SirgulioB

A lot of people lost a lot of money and time in some ICOs, that could be one valid argument why people are not into new projects
As far as I know this year the results of ICO are much worse than in the last 2017 year, so disappointed people are becoming more and more. I hope this does not become a problem for the market. On the other hand, such results suggest that investors should be more qualified.

══════════════[ LYRA ] | Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain | [ LYRA ]══════════════
┌[ Social Media ]──▸───▸───▸───▸───▸───▸// ◈ BitcointalkTelegramTwitterLinkedIn // ┐
└ \\ ✓Customizable tokens  ✓NFTDeFiDEX  ✓Revenue share \\◂───◂───◂─── [ Main Features ] ┘
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:21:03 PM

Other people don't have faith in ICOS because they don't have knowledge, ideas on what should they do. Others are scam why others are not investing in it.
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:25:22 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

because not all ico's are scamming their participants and there are really successful campaign who is paying a huge amount to their participants that's why people can still catch up today and start a new life using cryptocurrency.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

I agree that it is hard recognize a good ICO and its harder to not get scammed with ICO's. But it doesnt mean that all ICO's are bad. There are many which does have a meaningful platform and started trading very soon.

Really hard to recognize a good and trusted ICO. There are ICOs that we think is trusted with videos of the team but after if the funding will not be successful they'll be gone.
Frieda

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:39:33 PM

Some people don't believe in ICO's projects because they have bad in the past, or because they see a lot of scam projects  But I think many others still have confidence in the ICO project, because the number of investors in this project is increasing over time.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:58:28 PM

Most likely, people have already invested in a project that turned out to be fraudulent and they have lost their investments. Therefore, they are afraid to repeat their mistake a second time and at the same time discourage people from doing the same.
gidrulionel@gmail.com

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:10:22 PM

People are afraid of being scammed. SOFT  and HARD CAPS  in majority of ICO's is more than 10-20 millions as usual There a lot of businesses,that can picked UP with such money.
foreverlearningsure2004

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:04:51 AM

because many ICOs are not that trustworthy enough and due to bad past experiences of an individual user to certain ICOs because some are fake and some are real. you just have to be very specific to what you want and be systematic to picking an ICO you want to work with it.
balu06

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:13:03 PM

But it doesnt mean that all ICO's are bad. There are many which does have a meaningful platform and started trading very soon.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:19:22 PM

According to my personal view, Why do people not believe in ICO. Not everyone who does not believe in ICO. There are still many who participate in ICO sales because participating in ICO sales will benefit if we invest in the ICO.

fadlyzuld

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:22:07 PM

Because they are always looking for the quickest way to make money, it's a good idea but they has no faith in ICO because they invest in that they do not care what their project is, what it will do, the only thing they Attention is money
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:22:58 PM

Because 99% of them are useless, scams, have nothing new to offer to the crypto community. I rather prefer to use and invest my time with an established coin. I am happy with zencash and bitcoin currently, why would I start to read about a crap ICO

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 06:28:23 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything
Those people without faith in ICOs are the ones without any knowledge or expertise in ICO investing. They are just stuck in limbo without any idea of how to choose right projects from the bad ones. Perhaps, they once ventured into one bad one and now don't know what to do. The best thing to do is to try and do a massive investigation about any ICO before you consider on joining. Better still, you can seek the advise of experts here.

pademola

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:47:52 PM

some people don't have hope in ico because some are fake and some are real and they might have encountered those fake ones before, but there are lots of real ico
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:49:13 PM

According to my personal view, Why do people not believe in ICO. Not everyone who does not believe in ICO. There are still many who participate in ICO sales because participating in ICO sales will benefit if we invest in the ICO.
I believe the reason why they don't have faith in ICO is because they initially and generally thought it's not legit. They don't realize the benefit they can get from it if they only find time to learn and acquire needed information. On the other hand, maybe because of the negative news they heard and read. Different opinions are arising but the main goal here, either its legit or scam, is to think, inspect, and do research before making any decisions.
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:01:26 PM

People have less confidence in the ico, as more and more projects do not justify the desires of the investors, I recently met with one project, tokens INNBC will be spent on purchasing the cult classic the complete set of cars from our online INNBC JDM garage, which began shortly after IOC, so the markers INNBC based on the values of the specifications of the car. in my opinion, a promising proet, read and give feedback, if something I'm gne right!)
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:05:45 PM

I believe the reason why they don't have faith in ICO is because they initially and generally thought it's not legit. They don't realize the benefit they can get from it if they only find time to learn and acquire needed information. On the other hand, maybe because of the negative news they heard and read. Different opinions are arising but the main goal here, either its legit or scam, is to think, inspect, and do research before making any decisions.
Indeed! They lack faith in ICO's because of controversies around that ruin its good image, they might have forgotten the fact that not all ICO's are scam, for some it may sound new to them or have a bad experience in it. No single factor that can be considered why peopIe have such point of views, we can't somehow put the blame on them. I believe that strong willingness still is a consideration for someone to decide in joining. If a person is truly willing then no hesitation and lack of faith will hinder him or her.

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀