Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:37:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1076 times)
xxxkiselevxxx

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:28:11 PM

a lot of good ICO just need to explore and choose and are afraid of nothing
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:30:48 PM

From last 1-2 months market crashed big so all coins came down almost 70-80% of their ATH and in current situation all altcoins in bearish mode, as soon as new ICO list on exchange it comes down and most coins trading way below from their ICO price, so people are facing big loss in investing ICO. And some people have no time and no knowledge to research about the project. So most people do not faith ICO rather than they are now investing directly in good coins like Ether and Bitcoin.

jonland22

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:36:33 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything
what you are seeing is competition among ICO with almost the same aspect and platform although there are some people that are just too negative about ICOs since most of them had a scam issue in the past.
No worries because i can see a lot of good ICO these days and with a team that is dedicated to their project, hopefully the negative vibes on ICO will vanish soon since it contributes to the reputation of cryptocurrencies.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
cheefbuza

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:38:36 PM

Maybe because every 21 years kid with one year experience in the university take a picture of himeslf put it on Linkedin, put it on his site and then call himself CEO of a world changing company.

if bitcoin has one trillion of coins supply? would it still worth 20k? obviously not.
same with ICO.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything
Poeple are always after the moeny, they really don't care about the idea of the project, they even barly read the white papaer they just invest in it, because someone told them to or just because they see peopel investing in it, just like bitcoin most of the users in here don't have any idea about how the bitcoin works or why it was created they just saw its price and people making maney from it so they joined in and as soon as the price went down they started complaining, cryptocurrency is just more than investments and the projects that are made with ICO are hard working people who want to make their ideas come true and without support they can't acheive that, so before decieding wether a project is worth investing in try to read its white paper.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:50:33 PM

over 90 percent of ICOs are scams or just terrible projects that will fail.  You have to be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS when in vesting in ICOs if you choose to do so.
hetecon

Activity: 462

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:51:58 PM

I myself became very skeptical of many ICO because of the scam, because people lose faith in projects and the fact that they are not made by scammers

buhna

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:58:35 PM

I think that ICO is good idea but with bad rimplementation. There are a lot of easy scam. And people can do nothing with it. When there will be some legal regulation with ICO it will be very interesting investment.

rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:59:00 PM

It is not far fetched most of the ICO  are like scam. Only very few of them that has a project well articulated in their white paper. It is only when you did due diligence on them that you will appreciate how shallow most of them are. One need to be choosy this days to survive it.
WilfOtto

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:03:34 PM

I see 2 interrelated reasons here:
1. Most of ICOs turn out to be scam or shitcoins (unsucsessful, unworthy) and people who lost their invested money become disappointed.
2. There are always critics or negatively thinking people on every forum. And after dealing with p.1 ICOs the number of such people only increases.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

Investment is shrinking because previous ICO projects were created in an uncontrolled way and many inexperienced investors lost their money because of many scam projects. Or even their investment projects can not increase prices for several reasons affecting the entire market.

KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:48:08 AM

The reason people are not trusting ICO’s nowadays is because there are many projects and ICO’s being launched that are scam or ponzi scheme. They just collect money through pre sales and private sales from investors in bulk and then the coin is never launched on any exchanges and is neither listed on coin market cap. Though people earn those successful and good ICO’s no doubt, but people also lose money when the ICO is not legit and is just made to rip people off their money.
Alfarizi

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:42:54 AM

indeed many of the people who do not believe in ico because for their opinion or about ico most scams and maybe also the cause of their disbelief of ico can also because they have not or less understand because for ico we must have extensive experience in order to know where ico is really good and nice to follow
TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:07:08 PM

When the prices of coins fall people receive a loss and are disappointed in ICO. But it is necessary to understand what has to be long-term investment and if the project not SCAM that after a while it makes profit.
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:23:52 PM

I don't think all people don't trust ICOs. Some have already earned from ICOs so I think they still believe in it. I think we should continue supporting ICOs so that earning will be continuous.
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:34:20 PM

why would you claim the people have no trust in ICOs? Amounts raised by the ICOs are saying exactly otherwise. Your post is just another funny fud attempts for whatever reason...

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:29:27 PM

A lot of people do not have faith in ico because a lot of them turn out to be a scam. It takes time and money to develop the project, and people expect a quick profit. In my opinion, it is worth supporting good projects with perspectives.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

A lot of people do not have faith in ico because a lot of them turn out to be a scam. It takes time and money to develop the project, and people expect a quick profit. In my opinion, it is worth supporting good projects with perspectives.

Due to that circumstances that's why many people find ICO's are not worth to believe with and also ICO's are prone to be dump and this factor also added some bad reputation to this kind of offering. But as you said its so good if we let our eyes opened for some good opportunities and better we should wear some better understandings on ICO since In this scene we need a hard balls to earn since sometimes solid ICO project pump when their platform officially launch.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:40:04 PM

because now a days, most of the ICO's are scam, and nothing more. but there are few ICO's that are really good to join/participate. but it is hard to find one. for me ICO's are something you regret after joining, because you got loses and wasted time, but as i said there are a few ICO's that worth it to participate but they are rare to come out or to find.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:43:43 PM

there are too many scams now and most projects are just air, its nothing strange that most of them have a truely bad performance after hitting exchanges, why should we give our money to them?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: