Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is this true that GOOGLE will ban the ICO and crypto related ads?  (Read 3109 times)
Davidbee

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:50:03 AM

I read an article about this please take a look

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-google-quietly-purging-cryptocurrency-ads-content/

I'm not sure if this is true
what are your idea about this?
I don't think Google will ban ico and encryption currency related ads, because it is a very important for Google's source of income, I don't think Google is willing to give up this important source of income
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:14:58 AM

Cryptocurrencies advertisement has being published everywhere and since the banning in the facebook yet they still can advertise everywhere in instagram, youtube, or even other social media. But i don't think google will ban the ICO and crypto related ads yet since they make so much revenue from ads alone and there are a lot of other ads circulating around google. They might consider banning the ads if there are another fallout of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but i think it will be another temporary issue until trivia matter about legalization resolved.  Grin Grin
Mantisa83

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:17:39 AM

Freedom of speech is not good for the government, conformity is.
Blockchain technology and Cryptocurrency will change the game.
Once people have non evil choices - they will take them, and that will spell the end of the Evil monopolies.
There’s no money in spreading good, but that’s what people want.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

I do not think so, even facebook did not banned them fully
TaKlarPH

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:22:24 AM

You know what they really cant do that right now because crypt related ads comes from our searched history with you have a small indication of your previews search that is crypto related.
Also Why?
•We have this thing called cache or cookie in software definition.

•In my opinion it will not be banned but if in any case bitcoin or crypto related ads will ne banned, google will do everything to stop the ads.

So as of now I can't  see any reason of google or facebook to ban crypto related ads and ICO.
Rustandy

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:07:11 AM

I do not think google would do like that,because in the days of bitcoin in prediction into the official digital currency that is recognized by all countries.
mhsingh

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:09:53 AM

No one never shuts down its profitable business and google will never do.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:23:08 AM

Well then what's the worry let them do whatever they can to stop bitcoin china did try to collapse bitcoin completely but the result was just creating more demand for it , same would happen now they initiate this ban dumb traders panic huge selling occurs finally after few months bitcoin will be all time high
priselive

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:31:08 AM

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-google-quietly-purging-cryptocurrency-ads-content/

also learned about this recently, I think that this is how it will be as stated in the article.
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:46:42 AM

I don't think any official news has been published regarding this one. Anyway did you read the article completely? The article itself gives us proof that the crypto ads have not been banned yet and neither they are thinking to do so. Just check the snapshot from the article writer and you will see the mail conversation with google says that they have not banned any ads and there is issue with platform for displaying the ads at all.

Also, crypto currency is big market for the platform like Google because Crypto currency projects invest heavily on the ads and thus google benefit a lot from that.

True, if this news is going to go all out in the internet it will surely give the crypto world a big disadvantage. Yet i will not believe easily an article which has negative feedback on cryptocurrency because this would be another FUD to bring down crypto.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
mikan111

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 10:04:36 AM

I am not sure about that, but I won't be surprised if Google makes such ads policy in near future. Google is part of all that mainstream stuff engaged in the battle to preserve the current system. I can see the future where Google will be removed from the 1st place as a search engine!   
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

I think this is not right. I still see a lot of bitcoin ads on google but if that really happens. I think it also does not affect the bitcoin development much. because it does not depend on anyone.

natalagerman95

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:10:33 AM

Google receives money for advertising various companies and brands, so with the crypto currency they also unfasten them not a small amount. And they will definitely not abandon this.
zelenkova

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:16:20 AM

This is probably not true because Google would not have decided on such a one to stay without profit, especially from such a highly valued topic as bitcoins.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:17:56 AM

Many ICO are sailing very close to or into wind regarding marketing of securities.  I can see them prohibiting ICO ads in many jurisdictions to avoid falling foul of local laws. Banning all crypto ads is not likely.
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:40:00 AM

I think it's fake. Google doesn't prohibit ads about ico. These ads will give Google a lot of revenue, and Google has no reason to give up the profits. It's a rumor. We need to calm down.
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:06:27 AM

I don't think so. I don't have to worry about that.
Because the profit from the ICO advertising to Google is amazing, if it is not restricted by very strict laws, then I think Google will not give up such a big profit.

This is not true. Google or any other reputed company (for instance Facebook) does not make these decision based on profit only. They also think long term, they do not want to get associated with advertisers that are scams or look suspicious. This is because it hampers the image of the company and thus genuine companies may stop using them. This is why they keep denying  a lot of advertisements like affiliate links. Coming to the question raised by OP, Google has ye not announced such a decision and thus there is nothing to worry about.
sebschw

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:17:43 PM

But why not? Facebook already banned crypto advertising, for Google it's 1-2 clicks and voila, it's done. I don't think they will lose a lot of money from their ads turnover. There are banks and other huge companies who makes the real turnover and dictate their rules. For the community it's not the best solution, but I believe cryptocurrency followers/investors could become as a "resistance".
fireblond

Activity: 200

Thrive

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:22:33 PM

Not sure on the authenticity of the article. But I don't think there will be a ban on crypto-related ads google has nothing to gain from that. At the same time regarding ICO ads I would understand there being some talk about it as google might feel responsible for promoting scam ICOs and might be adding extra filters into what ADs are considered ok. As for an whole ban on crypto content. I don't think thats going to happen, correct me if I'm wrong.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:51:44 PM

I advise you not to trust the news spread by the media, because I think that they want to drop the bitcoin price by making the news unclear, so they can get a chance and take a big advantage. So you better focus on investing or trading in bitcoin, and do not take it too seriously, so you can enjoy the results.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: