Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is this true that GOOGLE will ban the ICO and crypto related ads?  (Read 3099 times)
AlexAce420

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:03:03 PM

I think it's an attempt to drop the crypto price and they want to take that chance and take huge profits. ICO and crypto are one of the profitable markets for Google through advertising. Every ico project gives money to Google for ads. So we can say that it's a big market for Google. I believe there is a zero chance Google would ban cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:07:56 AM

I read an article about this please take a look

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-google-quietly-purging-cryptocurrency-ads-content/

I'm not sure if this is true
what are your idea about this?
I've heard about this several times but I don't really care if it's true or not. At the end sooner or later people will get involved in the world, it'll take a little more maybe but I don't think we actually need Google ads.
nakamita

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:21:13 AM

I do not think so, because the profits from GOOGLE ads for the virtual currency market are very high, there is no reason they completely forbid virtual money and then lose money on these items, unless they want to offer a coin their own
135cc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:16:39 AM

I also read on a news portal in Indonesia, if Google will ban all ads related to crypto. According to sources that i read, this ban is because Cryptocurrency is not regulated by any government, or organizations in the world, this freedom can be harmful to Google. Because, it is not controlled entirely by the government, among honest efforts will emerge several attempts that only aim to deceive. And Google has not been able to filter it.

adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-google-quietly-purging-cryptocurrency-ads-content/

Currently, facebook and Twitter have blocked the ads related to Crypto. The best evidence is that the Amazix management team removed those programs from the promotional category.
If Cryptocurrency does not take good measures to prevent its downside, Google will soon remove it the same way that Facebook and Twitter did.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:19:19 AM

Yes google banned crypto related ads, but google want create their own cryptocurrency.
I think gogle want be monopolist.

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:31:41 AM

I do not think so, because I do not see or haven't read clear instruction about that issue. Google I think has no issue about crypto currency but maybe because of so many scam ICO are being advertise there and might sound alarming but will wait what action google will do.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:39:18 AM

Hi there edsnowangel! It is true and Google has done it. You could visit their official statement here  https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265 . That is a direct link to a google support page. The restriction is all about advertising cryptocurrencies content which includes even a simple trading advice, to wallet companies promoting their product, cryptocurrencies trading platforms and most of all the initial coin offerings. But I think there are still chance that the ad could pass thru and promote by google if that particular ad could be certified by google itself. I think this is a step of google to exclude their company as an accessory in promoting fraudulent sites or company.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:41:34 AM

Don't really know the authenticity of this information and the credibility of the source but one thing that i know is that it was facebook that i heard has reviewed its regulations regarding the posts of cryptorelated stuffs at their site and so a popular bounty community called Amazix has also plannede of reviewing its rules concerning social media blog campaign. Whatever happens let us know that the crypto community stays strong.

vlom31

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:42:46 AM

It's highly likely yes they have announced it a few months ago.

Mehdi
coincruncher1982

Activity: 82
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:44:31 AM

Google claimed it would ban all crypto ads in June, but it’s already June and I still see crypto ads
MarkDaniel5

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:01:13 AM

The only thing I notice (I don't know if its prohibited or not) is that there are no ICO banners and ads in Youtube, which is kinda strange as I am seeing them before on every crypto related videos I am seeing.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:09:06 AM

Hi there edsnowangel! It is true and Google has done it. You could visit their official statement here  https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265 . That is a direct link to a google support page. The restriction is all about advertising cryptocurrencies content which includes even a simple trading advice, to wallet companies promoting their product, cryptocurrencies trading platforms and most of all the initial coin offerings. But I think there are still chance that the ad could pass thru and promote by google if that particular ad could be certified by google itself. I think this is a step of google to exclude their company as an accessory in promoting fraudulent sites or company.
Thanks for your input and you are right. I applaud the update of Financial services policy created by Google to restrict the advertisement of Cryptocurrencies and related content among others. Which will result in fewer scam projects that could be advertised with AdWords.
I hope it's totally zero. It is important to have the information firsthand. The restriction of Cryptocurrencies policy is very positive for our Crypto space.

KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:10:36 AM

They say it will together with Facebook and Twitter in which it will full effect this month of June but still i see crytpo advertisements is still in effect on these sites so i just hope that they just postpone it or cancel it because for sure the numbers of ICO will going to reduce affecting crypto currency market performance.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
coincruncher1982

Activity: 82
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:18:27 AM

They say it will together with Facebook and Twitter in which it will full effect this month of June but still i see crytpo advertisements is still in effect on these sites so i just hope that they just postpone it or cancel it because for sure the numbers of ICO will going to reduce affecting crypto currency market performance.

Even if Facebook, Twitter, and google ban crypto, there are other advertising networks. You shouldn’t worry
AshikurRahmanKhan16
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:30:25 AM

From this month, Google will ban the crypto related ads. This announcement was [published about two or three months ago. Though Google faced much criticism and Still, Google hasn't official announcement this month. Maybe twitter will do the same. So, after Facebook, then Google then twitter. Many YouTubers claimed that their crypto related video got removed. This is terrible news for us.
Jihuny23

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:41:19 AM

In my opinion, if google will ban ads about ICO and crypto currency then it will bring great harm to google. You can imagine that the number of users and investors of crypto currency is overwhelming, millions in number. If google prohibits crypto currency advertising then google will lose millions of users that too. We can not be separated from technology so we need to open and accept the presence of technology. I suggest if google will prohibit crypto currency then google should think again, because if many google users who run then google will lose the trust of many people.
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:17:49 AM

Hey Rick you might want to check this one out by Marinecoín's .MTC..  Time dilution technology is being used to pass out 9 billion .MTC. 20,000 .MTC. at a time.  Complete artificial intelligence tasks to receive 20,000 .MTC. each task.  The system is dev-less being ran by AI to insure fair distribution among many.  The blockchain will handle iot and machine to machine transactions.  Fast speeds and zero fees make it well suited for iot industry.  Great project check it out here  marine coín.in

I think there's no reason for Google to do such a thing. bitcoin in the US based on Google, growing larger every day since last year they started adding futures trading in some of their big markets including CME and NASDAQ groups. nowadays a company like Google will not ban bitcoin news.
what they might do is to ban anything related to ICO because they are scam and the fundraising method they use is illegal anyway but it has nothing to do with bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
Today's prices are decreasing so everyone comes up with strange reports from someone who forbid bitcoin LOL. and none of them are true.
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:23:03 AM

I think its a fake news because in the first place google can generate a lot of profit because of crypto ads but if google really want to ban crypto ads I think they announce the official news in all media.
Yadstiker

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:32:48 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 01:50:36 AM by Yadstiker

do not immediately believe the news in the media. we must remain focused for what we are currently living, trading or investing in ico. I think it's an attempt to drop the crypto price and they want to take that chance and take huge profits.
We actually know what's the purpose of media doing such a fake news in order to drop the price of crypto and also their trying to manipulate bitcoin, but bitcoin is decentralized. Google cannot actually ban bitcoin ads it's because they can still gain benefits from it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: