Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:46:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reddituser123

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:21:24 PM

appreciated isn't a word i'd use. as an investor i demand to be updated atleast once a week, especially in times of trouble.

Some of us use the word appreciate because we are being civil and understand that cryptx is likely busy still readying the datacenter for future installations of hardware.
As far as we know there are no times of trouble currently, both bitmine and cointerra had issues and delays, both have since ramped up production and have started shipping.
Considering we know where their first batch of hardware is coming from we can keep an eye out for updates from those suppliers ourselves, instead of demanding that cryptx feed us information that is freely available or not available at all.

lol. i've got nearly a thousand shares. being civil is something you do when the company your invested in makes sure to put the investors first. Considering they were here all the time during the investment phase and now they have all our money are only popping back once a week. fuck being civil.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

appreciated isn't a word i'd use. as an investor i demand to be updated atleast once a week, especially in times of trouble.

Some of us use the word appreciate because we are being civil and understand that cryptx is likely busy still readying the datacenter for future installations of hardware.
As far as we know there are no times of trouble currently, both bitmine and cointerra had issues and delays, both have since ramped up production and have started shipping.
Considering we know where their first batch of hardware is coming from we can keep an eye out for updates from those suppliers ourselves, instead of demanding that cryptx feed us information that is freely available or not available at all.

lol. i've got nearly a thousand shares. being civil is something you do when the company your invested in makes sure to put the investors first. Considering they were here all the time during the investment phase and now they have all our money are only popping back once a week. fuck being civil.

Do you own any shares in real world companies?
Would you expect the CEO or other personnel to update you weekly on what the company is doing?
The internet has spoiled "investors". Companies that pay dividends used to issue payments once a year, some now issue quarterly along with investor meetings/updates etc, also quarterly. Now we expect daily/weekly payments and updates.

PS: I am being contrary because that is what I am good at, and at the moment I am a bit bored.
Please don't take this as me being for or against cryptx/petamine.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:39:17 PM

updates are great, patience is better...

what people need to realise is that an update will not change the activity going on that we cannot see. All it does is inform you of the activity, or lack of

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:41:37 PM

you can always get rid of your shares if you are not comfortable with the business model, I used to bitch the same like you when I just joined this forum, in fact I didn't register the first day I knew about bitcoin, I did register when I felt frustrated and the only thing I could do was bitching.

bottom line, this wont get you anywhere, you will lose your nerves, time and energy without adding anything of value to this matter, in fact I used to Bitch about Cryptx as well, I spamed their thread with posts repeating the same thing again and again and all over again.... but did I change anything ? no.

Advice: if anyone is sick of waiting and don't want to wait or risk anything just sell your shares, I will make sure to buy even more at lower prices, I've been doing it anyways....
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:01:16 PM

you can always get rid of your shares if you are not comfortable with the business model, I used to bitch the same like you when I just joined this forum, in fact I didn't register the first day I knew about bitcoin, I did register when I felt frustrated and the only thing I could do was bitching.

bottom line, this wont get you anywhere, you will lose your nerves, time and energy without adding anything of value to this matter, in fact I used to Bitch about Cryptx as well, I spamed their thread with posts repeating the same thing again and again and all over again.... but did I change anything ? no.

Advice: if anyone is sick of waiting and don't want to wait or risk anything just sell your shares, I will make sure to buy even more at lower prices, I've been doing it anyways....

+1
I have been considering buying some more as well.
Things haven't happened as they planned it to, but considering their goal of being 35% of the network, when things get moving they will likely move very fast and its a risk worth taking to me.
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:04:39 PM

Not sure what do you mean by: 'their goal of being 35% of the network'.

Peta's strategy is to reinvest 35% of its net income and according to Cryptx's forecasts (a bit dated) Peta hash rate should represent around 1-2% of total hash power.
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:17:32 PM

I would be a happy shareholder, with petamine at 1% of total network hashrate.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:23:57 PM

Peta's strategy is to reinvest 35% of its net income and according to Cryptx's forecasts (a bit dated) Peta hash rate should represent around 1-2% of total hash power.
I hope I am not remembering a hallucination. I swear I saw it somewhere that there stated goal was to be in control of 35% of the total network hashrate.

I am going to keep hunting and if I find it I will post a link to the source.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:27:01 PM

I hope I am not remembering a hallucination. I swear I saw it somewhere that there stated goal was to be in control of 35% of the total network hashrate.

you are not wrong, they said we will make sure to not gain more than 35% of the total hashrate of the network: http://www.peta-mine.co/faq/

Why a PETA-MINE?
Our goal is to deploy a mine with  1PH/s of hashing power. We have chosen this size for different reasons. One is scaling to keep average hardware costs of the mine at a minimum. Second is future difficulty, we want to achieve considerable percentage of the total market but will monitor closely not to exceed 35% of the total network.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:29:52 PM

you are not wrong, they said we will make sure to not gain more than 35% of the total hashrate of the network: http://www.peta-mine.co/faq/

Why a PETA-MINE?
Our goal is to deploy a mine with  1PH/s of hashing power. We have chosen this size for different reasons. One is scaling to keep average hardware costs of the mine at a minimum. Second is future difficulty, we want to achieve considerable percentage of the total market but will monitor closely not to exceed 35% of the total network.

Thank you for that. I don't need yet another reason to doubt my sanity.  Grin Grin Grin
jstar54

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:56:04 PM

Mid Feb is another increase in GH/S per share if we are not up and running.

Since Feb only has 28 days in my opinion this would be Feb 14th...

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks
jstar54
MonkeyBear68

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:00:13 AM

Mid Feb is another increase in GH/S per share if we are not up and running.

Since Feb only has 28 days in my opinion this would be Feb 14th...

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks
jstar54

The following quote is from the website ( http://www.peta-mine.co/peta-mine/ ) It is used as an example under the category "The Insurance".

"For example, if CryptX ultimately deploys the mine after mid January, 2014, an additional 30 TH/s of power will be added to the PETA-MINE completely free of charge to shareholders, and each share will be entitled to 2.88 GH/s of hash power. If the company starts deployment after mid February, 2014, it will add an additional 20% on top of the previous 20%. In that case, each share would be entitled to 3.45 GH/s of hash power."

Since Feb has 28 days this year, the middle is technically at midnight between Feb 14/Feb15. Deployment after mid Feb in the strictest sense would mean anytime after 12:00:01 AM on Feb 15. Thus after midnight this Friday we should be at 3.45 GH/s per share.
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:20:46 AM

Let's speculate a bit about future network share of Peta-Mine.

Given current statements by both Bitmine and Cointerra full deployment before mid-March seems realistic. This would mean 3.45Ghs per share.
Total number of shares could reach the ceiling of 100 000 especially if the deployment is achieved before end of February. So we get to around 345Th.
Current total network hash rate is roughly 22Ph. This gives Peta ~1,55% at the deployment - or a bit less if network grows between now and deployment time.

No one knows the future but it seems, barring any kind of ELA type event for bitcoin community, that total network power will rise substantially in 2014.
Frankly, I will be very, very glad if Peta's reinvestment strategy allows it to preserve its network share (1-2%).
CryptX's own estimations show that Peta's share could actually fall slightly in time.

Time will tell.

spazzcat

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:56:13 PM

At this point, being this late, I would expect daily updates from the them, even if it's, we still don't have the hardware, or the hardware is here and we've installed x% of it, etc... It's getting harder and harder to continue to hold this stock.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:07:52 PM

Given current statements by both Bitmine and Cointerra full deployment before mid-March seems realistic. This would mean 3.45Ghs per share.
Total number of shares could reach the ceiling of 100 000 especially if the deployment is achieved before end of February. So we get to around 345Th.
Current total network hash rate is roughly 22Ph. This gives Peta ~1,55% at the deployment - or a bit less if network grows between now and deployment time.

No one knows the future but it seems, barring any kind of ELA type event for bitcoin community, that total network power will rise substantially in 2014.
Frankly, I will be very, very glad if Peta's reinvestment strategy allows it to preserve its network share (1-2%).
CryptX's own estimations show that Peta's share could actually fall slightly in time.

Time will tell.

Lets not forget the 30688 shares from the ipo on havelock.
Its too early for me to do the math, but think about this. The shares sold on the havelock ipo with btc 7-10x higher than the first shares sold on the last exchange. Hopefully they will use some of the extra funds raised to purchase hardware and get us ahead of the curve.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:15:38 PM

At this point, being this late, I would expect daily updates from the them, even if it's, we still don't have the hardware, or the hardware is here and we've installed x% of it, etc... It's getting harder and harder to continue to hold this stock.

agreed. As a serious investor myself, the only thing pulling me away is the lack of communication. It's getting to the point now were no matter how good this venture looks, I'm starting to distrust the people who are running it.
obeygiant

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:28:47 PM

Why a PETA-MINE?

Thank you for that. I don't need yet another reason to doubt my sanity.  Grin Grin Grin

35% of the network today costs about US$ 23 million (in 2TH/s $6K Cointerras).
XliptTit

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:39:45 AM

agreed. As a serious investor myself, the only thing pulling me away is the lack of communication. It's getting to the point now were no matter how good this venture looks, I'm starting to distrust the people who are running it.

me too
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:25:48 AM

Time will tell.

cough cough (transaction malleability)

*Could this be BTC's ELE?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:23:07 AM

Not a chance... will be a distant memory in 2 weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: