Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
josh07

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:06:06 AM

we have different strategies when it comes to such a trend maybe they sell their coins less because they just want to get their investment because they know that they can afford to make a sacrifice so it's okay even if you sell You coins less to make just the money you spend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:30:44 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Panic or emotional imbalance triggers you to do that. Let's put it this way, We have strategies to make sure that we can avoid such things to happen but there are still scenarios that we will be caught off-guard by which our defensive mechanism act automatically without having reference to support the possible decision/s. Like you I've been there before, where I initiated a plan without having relevant information to support it but in my mind, I need to cut losses. We all different reasons, on what, trigger us to sell low, for an instance and one of the most common reasons is EMERGENCY NEED after using it and recover the latter decided to buy again, unfortunately, rates exceed your expectations in result a negative start.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:34:31 AM

They are doing it because of their fear of losing more money ,
They bought it because they think that they could gain a profit from it and they ended up losing more.

People who buy without a proper study about their investment will lose money on selling at low. Because if a person does a proper study before buying then for some unknown reason if prices go down then those people who believe about the product or coins will buy some more at a lower price instead of selling at losses. That's why you need to do a proper research before investing your hard-earned money.
Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:43:27 AM

All of us have a lot of strategies to eary but i dont think its normal when you buy at high price and sell it in low price, to avoid this problem just please dont do panic selling when the price goes down its normal, price will not down forever, and try to control your emotion thats is one of the most enemy here in trading.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:55:48 AM

That's the same reason I'm doing right now because nobody wants to lose. Advantages are the goal. Everyone doing trading will definitely do that. Buy low and sell high
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:00:31 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
In any business we have a common laws of demand and supplies which determined the pricing.  Following this laws to interpret the state of pricing is what makes you money.  Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is not different from other businesses. You must buy bitcoin when the price is low and the demand is low and the supplies is high and sell them when the price is high and the demand is high and the supplies is low before you can actually make profits.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:08:42 AM

Sometimes people comes an obsession feelings, and causes into mentality absence. In cryptocurrency business, there are many kinds of people here, with different abilities and ideas. Mostly people who joined crypto business for the purpose of income. But when we start to invest, we must very idealistic and strategic, to prevent any future losses. And carefully watching price movement. By waiting exact time to sell, that surely gain and earn income.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
nikenv2212

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:14:07 AM

That's why in bitcoin it takes extra patience. There are 2 options you can do when trading
First, if you do not want to suffer a lot of losses, you have to set a limit for losses, for example if your loss is close to 10% of capital then you can sell your coins
Secondly, if you do not want to lose a penny, you just have to wait until the value goes back up. Actually playing trading is very simple, it's just that most people want to get short-term profits.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:20:40 AM

Thanks guys!
Because of being panic that is why some trader can buy high in price and sell very low. In my case I will wait for the price to get low in order to buy for some and wait for the price to get high in order to sell my coins. Do not be greedy because this attitude can leads you to lose.
kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:26:21 AM

Buying high and selling low is considered a psychological fear of many traders. They always believed in investing in Altcoin going up and thought it would continue to go up but soon after it went down and they started panicking and selling everything.

btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:32:32 AM

It is completely based on the Individual doing these things buying them at high and selling them at the low price. If they follow these they will not make any money on their purchase but at all these based on their intolerance about the market because of their assumptions are always wrong.
Lupulei

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:49:23 AM

For it's strange to see that, but some of my friends did exact same. But everyone is different I guess. Also, you need a little faith that this is going up.
That could help if you can't control emotions or make smart moves. That's why holding is one of the best strategies.
frankybutterin

Activity: 242

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:51:21 AM

That means they are people who are easily panicked and not good at reading the market condition they are afraid of losing bigger. They buy when their high price argues that the price will go up it turns down the price goes down again then they are afraid and sell it in order not to lose bigger.to run our trades are smart currents speculate and read the state of the market.

siap86

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:57:42 AM

This is done because it's too freaking out when prices fall so as to make increasingly larger losses. If indeed to anticipate not experienced major losses already good but still it will be a loss. better hold course until several months so that the price is high again.
Grimjhow

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:59:26 AM

Too fast to make a transaction ..
be patient in every transaction .. stay calm do not easily panic
panic will make you take a less right decision
in addition to doing so to cut losses, there is still another time in order to achieve greater profit .. release one wrong analysis is strongly recommended to be able to perform better transactions at other times.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:03:48 AM

All of us have a lot of strategies to eary but i dont think its normal when you buy at high price and sell it in low price, to avoid this problem just please dont do panic selling when the price goes down its normal, price will not down forever, and try to control your emotion thats is one of the most enemy here in trading.
We've been through this before and still there are countless people who tend to be afraid of holding. Also, it's normal that there are people who really buy at high price and sell it in low. We can't deny the fact that we still get through our emotions of being afraid of losing more of our assets. Driven by emotions, panic selling will still be present especially those who are weak of trusting their assets.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

That's the risk they are taking by investing in bitcoin many people borrow funds , take a loan or just invest a lot in bitcoin without doing any research the main reason is pre judgement that the price will rise in the coming future but finally it doesn't happen and it falls drastically this scares them and they sell at lower cost
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

Lack of knowledge is the common reason why people sold their holdings at a loss specially with the newbies. I also sold my holdings at a lower price simply because of cutting losses its normal to do that if you have your trading plan. If possible try not to sold your coins at a lower price because you will be the one to suffer on that decision.
DrToken

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

Thanks guys!

It's usually because the weak emotions of newbie traders. Also they take spectacularly bad advices what causes poor decisions as to buy at high and sell at low.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:19:20 AM

they dont know about the bitcoin Smiley they hear some info not true not possible they think x3 x5 x10 profit and than dont know the market price / fiat now and takes high and will see after buyinh the market crash and panic sell like that .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: