Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2413 times)
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:31:38 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Maybe you are just in a hurry. If we think we can not gain profit in selling our coin why shall we do it? Unless there is a valid reason for doing so. If we are out of budget or there is really an urgent need for fiat money. Or we are simply afraid of the negative thinking that soon the coin will no longer usable.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Persiville

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:38:22 AM

:)I think they sold their coins because of panic that happened right now in the market and they need a money for their daily needs and there's a emergency happened that they need to sell their coin. That is why in trading there is a rule of "you have to control your emotion". You are the one of panic buying and selling. Maybe sometimes you do day trading, you just go with the flow when the whale play the coins. the pump and down and in the end your money will stock in that coins and then you decide to sell it in low price.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Yes i tink only the inexperienced people can do so, otherwise all the people try their best to buy at low price and then sell it at high. Some time people try go with rally and they do buying even at high price, but later on the price get a correction and start decreasing, such people get panic and then try to sell even at low price.
Well as what i can observe mostly people sell to avoid big loss, but if we think about it properly its just the same thing and its still called losing right? I've been there before too and just because i suffered too many loses i began thinking that the next time wont be the same again as what happened, and even up until now because of this corrections i am still holding, and for sure more experience will give you more lessons in trading.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:02:25 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

This is one of a hellish thing in trading. Everyone of us has different styles and ways but the truth is we can't anticipate what are others thinking when they are trading without gaining profit or even losing.
There are can be number of reasons behind such kind of act as it all depends on the circumstances and the situation through which that person is going through. No one really wants to sell at lower rates than he has bought but because of certain needs and wants and above all due to panic situation, most of the people fail to control their emotions at that time and sell at time when the prices are low even.
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

Activity: 341
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:01:54 AM

Thanks guys!

It's simple. You buy high because you are impatient to close the deal. You sell low because of panic selling.
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:03:03 AM

Thanks guys!
The main reason why people buy at high point and sell at a low point is due to not having experience, knowledge to determine time buy into and don't dare sell out when the price is falling down. All these things usually happen with new traders who never controlled their emotion. In this market, you only can win if you control your emotion, this is mean you have to cut loss if your prediction is false.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:12:15 AM

Thanks guys!

Inexperience leads to wrong decision. Some people buy during the peak because of FOMO, and decide to sell when they figure out that the price is going down and will never come up again. Sometimes panic selling causes this too. Being too impatient and emotional during the market crash will just make you incur losses.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:24:28 AM

Thanks guys!

The most likely reason is you easily become panic and afraid to lose the investment so better selling low than the value to become zero which is the worst but this behavior are very common to others which mean you are not alone in this situation but the problem of this is if most of all investors are just like you then a certain coin will be probably to be crap because panic selling will make a certain coin to become useless and will be supersede.
Leonia-Ridinger

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:25:00 AM

Yes, I think it's a psychological defense mechanism. If people were all acting rationally they would not sell low. Of course, I understand selling low from the necessity, because you need money right now etc. I think if you're doing the right strategy (buying with money you "don't need", be it $100 or $1000 a month, buying when the prices are low, taking ~10% of gains), then you are not concerned when market corrections happen. Also, the longer you are in this game, the more you follow the market, you'll learn that fallbacks of 50%-80% are a regular thing and nothing to worry about. Quite the opposite, that's the time to buy more. Every time there's a  pull back, media predicts the end of Bitcoin and crypto, and market sentiment is low. But it's all short term. It comes back stronger every time, no exceptions. When I was starting I put $100 on a coin, and it went down 90%, it's still down. Not selling though, one - it was just $100, and two - in two years it might be worth $1000, who knows Smiley so these are hopefully some useful tips to make people more rational by looking at the larger picture and not panic sell.
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:37:22 AM

fud
fomo
panic
we are humans....

but we learn from errors(I hope)
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:38:44 AM

Thanks guys!
Maybe you are just in a hurry. If we think we can not gain profit in selling our coin why shall we do it? Unless there is a valid reason for doing so. If we are out of budget or there is really an urgent need for fiat money. Or we are simply afraid of the negative thinking that soon the coin will no longer usable.
I think its not the reason because you will sell your coin when market is dumping a little by little you will think up on panic selling to not loss big amount from your base capital money. Negativity and not so much information about crypto will make you sell at low price. Education in crypto study the historic charts before and you will going to find what is the best possible month of bull run to sell and bear run to buy.
Btcmarmipp2

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:54:57 AM

The investor are scared that the prices continous on declining and it will never recover so they are doing panic selling without analyzing the importance of value, they buy in a high and sell low so it's really losing on their part.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:12:07 AM

People do buy high and sell low  because they just panic, or they just simply need cash , that's the reason why we need passive income even though we are investing in crypto ,So we can hold for long term.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:22:09 AM

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

I think it is true must better to buy on which the coins was still in a low price, But on your way i think it is not good to doing that to buy in a high price and sell in a low price where is your profit on that. You losses some of your money on your doing.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:32:36 AM

People buy high and sell low because they don't know what to do with their coins and they bought at the tops and they don't have much knowledge about reading a technical analysis so that is the main reason in my opinion why the people are doing that and they should invest in knowledge first before in any coin in order to get a good result at the end.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:32:51 AM

Thanks guys!

They seem to make things complicated. Joining trading which they are unsure if they are going to gain profit then automatically change their mind when they are already in.

bobbykulot

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:41:45 AM

Thanks guys!
You are old in this forum and you know the price will not be stable but what are you doing friend? You buy high and you sell low how you can earn a lot of bitcoin turn into big cash ,for me it is good to hold it for a long-term if you want this is my advise only, well maybe this coming months maybe the price will increase, hoping it happen.
Quarantine34

Activity: 304

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:06:16 PM

First you buy at high price because you are investing right? And when you are investing, you know the risk. The reason is you are so panic to sell it as soon as possible because it's price getting low. When you are investing it's all out! Just believe in it, and don't panic selling. It always happen that your money get loss.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:09:29 PM

We all human. One of the reason people buy at high point and sell at a low point is due to human nature. People always want something that everybody want it. People have hard time control their emotion in a bear market, you have control your emotion and wait it out you will lose out for sure
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

why buy at ath? acted upon hype, influence by FOMO and wrong charting thus incorrect entry point.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:19:07 PM

I dont know what you will do that. That is very un usual, you are supposed to earn profit. I think maybe you are too impulsive that you dont have patience. You need to learn when to invest and let go so that can earn profit. Otherwise you will end up bankrupt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: