Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:19:29 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
I think you sell cause it takes money to eat or you're someone panics and maybe you have also got more BTC you buy 1BTC then you sell it 2BTC or 3BTC,How is my opinion correct? Maybe you have got BTC more than you buying.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:21:39 PM

why buy at ath? acted upon hype, influence by FOMO and wrong charting thus incorrect entry point.

First, its hard to say that if its already an ath its good to buy at any price but make sure not to sold your holdings at a lower price because that is a sure loss. Always make a study, and don’t trade with lack of knowledge because most of the newbies are just depending on any hype or speculation.
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

I think you should think before deciding to sell it, you better hold the crypto you have and do not panic too much with falling prices. Be patient to wait, the market will improve and you will get the benefits you want.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:47:10 PM

Thanks guys!
There are many reasons people buy Bitcoin at high prices and sell it at low or even meager prices. In my country, there are quite a lot of Bitcoin sellers at low rates because they buy at high prices and face many risks. So they sell their Bitcoin to cut losses.
This is general rule of every business and trade that whenever you purchase, you purchase it in the lowest possible amount and whenever you sell anything, it has to be higher then the amount on which you have purchased.

The matter is not simple with the bitcoin in many countries and many people, people sometimes get panic and sell whatever they have in their account or sometimes the situation in their country worsen and that leads for an early sale.
nemesis_

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

I guess one of the most common reason is panic selling. They are afraid to lose more when the price drastically crash. So instead of waiting for it to shoot up again, they intend to sell it. They are afraid of facing another fall. Also, some emergency cases may arrive that may cause people to sell for urgent money.

unknown-user

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:18:04 PM

Thanks guys!
This scenario is surely because of the market volatility. During continuous increase despite of the expensive market value, people will expect for more which pushes them to buy even at a high price. But since it is given that volatility is normal, when dumps take place, investors will try to cut down their losses which yields to loss of profit. Just be calm whenever dumos are happening because it is not permanent and recovery will soon happen.

kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:22:10 PM

The reason for people buying high and selling low is because they panic a lot whenever they notice the price is going down, nobody would like to make complete loss, they’d rather make a little loss. But not everyone would do that, just like me, I wouldn’t sell no matter how low the price gets. I believe that one day it will still rise, but if it doesn’t, I’m still okay with it.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 02:00:07 PM

Thanks guys!

Maybe because it is much more comfortable to buy during this peak period since everything is going well thus it makes you more confident on investing to it which is a common misconception and impatience to new investors since their investments were bound to go to the drain when crashes happens next.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:06:07 PM

The market fools everyone who thinks they are great trader or have special skills in this market. People are addicted to make gambling decisions in several parts of life. Buying low and selling high what gives you profit and  investing amount grows day by day. Selling low also can be treated as panic selling that caused by media.
doge_shit666

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:17:09 PM

Since they are fearing an impact that will affect the price of Altcoin they are holding, they think the price of the altcoin they hold will decrease in the future, they do not expect good in them. So they decided to sell their altcoin at a lower price than they bought to reduce losses. This is usually the case with less capital investors. New entrants to Crypto.
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:24:57 PM

I think people who do such things are people who panic. they mistakenly analyze the market price movements so they dare to buy when the price is high, according to them the market price will continue to rise. But it turns out the strategy they are doing is wrong, not profit but only losses experienced.
It is normal to panic when price movements continue to slide down, but because they also have no patience, in fact such price movements are common. and as usual the price will be high again. But not entirely like that, there are also those who are too forced to invest by using all their money, and when they need money, the price goes down. and they were forced to sell at very low prices.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:39:17 PM

I have made this kind of situation when it's my very first time to do trading, and yeah afterwards i have come to my mind that i'm a f*****g insane when i do buy high and sell low, that's not a beginners luck tho. but up to this days I have seen panic seller/traders, that doesn't know how to make money roll. However, if you don't learn from your mistake then, you better to wear necklace with a name on it. "IDIOT". sorry for my words homie.
beezunus

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:45:07 PM

Thanks guys!

They buy when the price is high and sell when the price is low because maybe they can not read or predict the market well and can not control his emotions so make the wrong decision
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:51:03 PM

Since they are fearing an impact that will affect the price of Altcoin they are holding, they think the price of the altcoin they hold will decrease in the future, they do not expect good in them. So they decided to sell their altcoin at a lower price than they bought to reduce losses. This is usually the case with less capital investors. New entrants to Crypto.
People often buy high and sell low because they really do not grasp the trend of the market at that time. Most of these people invest because of FOMO without much knowledge of the cryptocurrency or crypto market they are investing in. Prepare yourself for the best in this market.
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

Thanks guys!

That's funny because they do not meant to do that thing they just investing in a wrong time just like thise people who invested innbitciins when they are almost $20k in the market because they thought that the bitcoins will continue to rise up. But it didn't goes that way but instead the bitcoins fall much more almost lower than half their price in December. They do not want to buy high amd sell low they hust panic sell and cannot hold their coins anymore so they are selling it lower.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:35:59 PM

Thanks guys!

Well, one thing I can be sure about is that people do this not because they want to but because they are pushed into a corner because of fear and wrong decisions in the first place without having the guts to stick by their decisions till they see good numbers. That is you along with all the other weak handed people out there that might have invested more than what they can afford to lose which is why they are very conscious about their investments. I was also once like that but I have learned my lesson by experience. I hope you and a lot of people will be able to learn from your mistakes also as early as you can. Good luck with all your ventures.
pleght

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

Because the bitcoin market is very easily affected by bad news.And novice investors are selling when they learn bad news.These sales are an opportunity for buyers.

1kings

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:58:03 PM

Often times, such people come in much after dragging their feet. By the time they are ready, everyone who had money had bought and have started taking profit.

When you join a market late or you just buy because of DOMO, you often lose.
The way out, is to cut fast or HODL all the way.

And the best rule remains: if you can't afford to lose it, don't put it on the market. The market is far larger than you.
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:01:02 PM

Thanks guys!
Obviously to gain profit. Here in bitcoin, the value is greatly known to be volatile which makes it very beneficial as time passes by and as the value rises up. Holding is one of the best thing to do if you are longing for a great amount of income. A lot of patience is much needed because the value doesn't increase rapidly in just a short span of time so you should be mindful and aware on what's happening in the market.
Aneuk cabang

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:11:37 PM

Thanks guys!
i dont know how long have you been into this bitcoin/crypto world, i dont want to say that you are panic seller, but what have you did was belong to panic sellers doing.

henceforward, i advice you to divide on what your aim on this crypto world.
the first one is buy bitcoin/crypto in low price then sell it on high price. for doing this you should have standby your laptop 24 hour/a day so you will know when the price rise or fall, but the analysis is very important here.
the second one, buy bitcoin for investing, this is longterm trading, if you believe the falling price will getting rising again, hold it as long as you can then sell when you see you will get the profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: