Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
avalence

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 06:39:53 AM

investors have their own goals and strategies for doing business, therefore they may sell them because they need the capital to reinvest their money to the new altcoin.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:22:22 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

I think that's a classic case of panic, plain and simple. Panic and desperation overpowered your capacity
and strategy to counter a red day in cryptocurrency. Some have better reasons than others, whatever
reasons one must have, we should all respect that. A good lesson should be there somewhere, In this
venture, most of us aim to profit and look only forward to a green day. But it's not the case most of the
time, I believe crashes and dips are more common than price climbs and spikes. Strategy requires
patience, anticipation and preparation. A red day can indeed turn into something of a good opportunity,
you just have to look and understand it on a better point or view and work your strategy one red day
at a time.
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

That happen to the people with low knowledge about bitcoin. Most of them probably heard for bitcoin on news when bitcoin already hit $19 000 , so they thinking that if they invest now that they will get huge profit.. Then bitcoin drop to $10 000 and people start panic sell because they heard on news that it's over and bitcoin goes back to $1000 , so they take only $9000 lose per bitcoin.
drew314

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:35:28 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
I think your reason is also the main reason of all the peoples who buy high and sell low prices because they also want to cut bigger potential losses if the prices of their holdings continue to decrease. For that is the best you can do to avoid lossing all your investment.
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:12:01 PM

Thanks, guys!
I think people like this are too excited and too rash. They buy high prices because they believe Bitcoin prices will rise higher than the capital they spend. But in fact, when the price dropped, they panicked and eventually sold Bitcoin that they have with the goal so as not to lose too much for fear the price could drop more drastically. Maybe this is my translation.
bekohkoning

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:13:02 PM

maybe your reason is a bit acceptable or reasonable, but for me people who buy expensive and sell cheap because do not know how to work bitcoin, even some people sell cheap because of panic after hearing bad issue of crypto ..
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:13:08 PM

I think it's normal for newbies in crypto world that you panic selling when all coins huge down, just like me when I was newbie, but I learned the lessons that we should have patience, the knowledge about cryptocurrency and the strategy so you will become successful trader or investor.  

goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:55:17 PM

I think it's normal for newbies in crypto world that you panic selling when all coins huge down, just like me when I was newbie, but I learned the lessons that we should have patience, the knowledge about cryptocurrency and the strategy so you will become successful trader or investor.  
It is considered as a panic selling on bitcoin. Others are too rush in terms of transaction so better to be think wisely and learned more about the transaction site how it goes in order to be success and have a profit when selling those bitcoins.
Rrotess

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:20:14 PM

Thanks guys!
People will buy high sell low because they dont have a strategy in terms of knowing the volatile movement.Or maybe because they emergency need money to buy somethings very important thats why they force to sell their holdings.
piter_wip12592

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:29:59 PM

Thanks guys!
People will buy high sell low because they dont have a strategy in terms of knowing the volatile movement.Or maybe because they emergency need money to buy somethings very important thats why they force to sell their holdings.
This is because your psychology is not good. When the market is falling too fast this makes you scared and you have sold out what you are. And the people who have psychological fear as you, have sold together BTC and this is the reason for the price of BTC is down.
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:30:11 PM

Thanks guys!

Yup!. Two reason behind me selling at low value. I was holding money back in my wallet when the price was to high and had to sell it when it was low for my emergency. Could not avoid it. The other reason would be fear of loosing more if the price keeps falling. It would be better idea to hold back half of intended money to sell. This would at least save loss and return profits.  

Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 03:52:12 PM

Thanks guys!
when a person has a need for Junior, he will sell coins even at a cheap price. I also have such situations and I have sold quite a lot for me in the last period but not. But you can not do anything if you need to buy something for the family.
babala

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:58:34 PM

Many people buy bitcoin high and sell low, it is the time when they purchase at the high price and blooming stage so they were attracted. Some of them sell now at low price because they are the people who wants to minimize their losses due to price drops.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:01:38 PM

Thanks guys!
Instances such as this is really sad. But we, the users and investors cannot do something with the volatility in the market which is natural with cryptos not only in Bitcoin. The best thing to avoid this scenario is to hold whenever the market value of Bitcoin is falling.  Avoid selling because of panic because it will just lead to loss of profit.
blx18

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:09:51 PM

It is a common phenomenon. THey buy high seduced by rapid growth and dump low in a panic attack after  markets have been in the red for awhile. That will always be happening.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:35:31 PM

This is a matter of irony, I also often experience high and sell low buy, this is because I need money suddenly so there is no choice but to sell bitcoin, I hope my finances soon improve so I do not panic with bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:20:36 PM

This is a matter of irony, I also often experience high and sell low buy, this is because I need money suddenly so there is no choice but to sell bitcoin, I hope my finances soon improve so I do not panic with bitcoin.
you correctly noticed about the irony of fate, because that's when you have to sell Bitcoin, When the real money ends for life. No, I do not know this problem is solved, because you need to save and balance your income with expenses.
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:23:03 AM

Thanks guys!
Buying at high prices and selling at low price is sometimes due to the untimely buying of coins because of the expectation that price will still rise. Then selling at low price is the result is the result of panic. So it is best to study the current price trend before making such decision to buy coins to minimize losses.
cryptonad

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:24:28 AM

Those people buy high and sell low are unexperienced and get panic.
curry101

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:31:09 AM

That is the opposite. Being a good trader the right process and the perfect strategy is buying at low prices and selling it at high price. That is the good way to gain income/profit. If you do the opposite then you will gain loss.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: