Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
ljm8888

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:07:11 PM

The occurrence of this situation indicates that you are lack of learning. Your heart is not strong enough, and your mind is not smart enough. It is difficult for you to make money in this case. But! You can buy it there when the bitcoin is down. No matter the price fluctuation of bitcoin. Until you reach your profit! You have to believe that bitcoin must be up.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:13:24 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
You are absolutely a panic sellers. You don't want to.lose more than you've already lost so that you sell it immediately as possible. I am also one of those panic sellers before but now I am willing to take risk and wait for the price to pump again.
Bitlord88

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:45:58 PM

That's the mindset of a common panic player. Instead try on the opposite approach. Buy when it's low then sell when the odds are high. Just have trust in bitcoin and avoid the negativity that other people say that it's going to burst any moment.
coinhunt

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:27:14 PM

I think you will acquire a more accurate answer one why do people panic sell, because you had experience in it.
For example, I have a different problem. I do not sell at all. So, it’s good when we speak of hodling.
But still I always lose opportunities to get even more money than I’ve invested initially.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:55:12 PM

There's no business sense in buying high and sell, I think those who buy high and sell low do act of ignorant, objective of every invest is profit making, I don't think you can buy high and sell low at the same time make profit, the ideas is buy low and sell high  ⚡️.
Those people who cut the losses too many times just make them vulnerable to do another mistakes due how they feel disappointed , under pressure to get back what they've lost and instead successfully make it happen they failed more often . It's just fine when you do cut the loss for once to chase the dips as you might get recovered when the price move up skyrocketing .

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
zngit

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:12:50 PM

I do believe it is because of more investors or let us say traders believe that they can have a good chance to make more profit in the making if the prices turn to green. Maybe they are soo concern on what will be their profit than what will be their loses. Although risky but needs to try the luck.
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:17:55 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Yes there are many people in CryptoCurrency world are buy in a high price and sell it low, there's many reasons why it happened. First they sold their coins because of panic that happened right now in the market. Second there's a emergency happened they need a money for daily and the only way they could sell their coin.

Some people buy bitcoin in a high price and sell in a very low price. I think this people are lack of knowledges about the cryptocurrencies volatility.  They always panic when they notice that the price of cryptos deflating in a very low price. They sell their coins immediately no matter how they lose their investment and the profits.
icopir

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:50:41 PM

I think they were buying at a time when they were sure that the price would not fall, but they sell because of panic
robjeiter

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:29:29 PM

People usually do this due to panic that a certain investment would suddenly become valued at 0 which is a total loss for the said investors. Ultimately, if an investor is scared of such a scenario, they would cut their losses, but smarter investors just average down their assets to prevent further losses and to also make room for possible profit amidst of deep losses.

Most of the people affected by such a sentiment are those who just joined the fad without studying it thoroughly.

I agree with most of what you said and summarized parts of this strategy in this post: https://medium.com/@robjeiter/what-the-mainstream-media-doesnt-tell-you-it-is-rational-to-invest-in-cryptocurrencies-3f7892173eea
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:33:27 PM

because they buy when the market is happy (the up-and-coming graphics will get even higher when purchased)

and they sell when the market is panicking (charts down with predictions the price will go down and not get back up again)  Cheesy

ranjau

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:14:51 PM

This is what I call panic sales, I think you do not think long, you believe that bitcoin seems to be lost, maybe you are impatient, because here also need patience.
BronxCats

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:38:29 PM

Lack of experience, following how the human body reacts to those panic situations. Thus you will see it over and over with people.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:46:39 PM

Thanks guys!
Panic selling or cutting losses would always be the main reason why do people commit this common mistakes all over again on doing trading and I would say that most of us do really experience this problem on where we do buy high sell low but later on with these mistakes we would eventually learn from it and avoid and do know the things to be done.We would really minimize this thing when we are already gaining experience along the way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
esatceza

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:04:27 PM

Haha may be due to being new and they just started investing. I think they need to stay in this place and have more experience and understanding of the coins. It will help them become more successful in investing

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Hadji

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

Not enough analysis, fear, and as was said above panic, all these are human factors on which as on whales is the stock exchange (or market). If you do not take into account those who are aware of the growth and reasons, the rest just make mistakes, but learn from mistakes, it is better for others.
developer101dev

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:09:17 PM

Thanks guys!

You cannot really blame your self because you are just new in this industry that's why you make wrong decisions. The best thing about the market is that, it will teach how to think and you will learn everything by experience and become a successful person someday.
Kabul

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:31:43 PM

It is called FOMO. They usually do what the crowd is doing and because of that, they buy when everything is high and sell when everything is low. You need to have a strong mind and good knowledge to trade without being tricked into those traps. I have lost a lot of money cause of this issue. Everything seems to against me at that time

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:15:59 PM

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

Quite true, or maybe some people are just so rich so they're just giving their money through the market Smiley If you're really going onto business here then you shouldn't be panicking because business comes always with risks in money. There's no telling on how or when you'll lose your money. So be confident on yourself and always think on the positive side.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:37:31 PM

Thanks guys!
I think it is mostly because of new people which came to invest in to cryptocurrency and dont know that you can lose if you buy at increase. Better to hold and wait when the price get lower

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
lunnatic

Activity: 1190

COMBONetwork

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:44:51 PM

I do not think to buy a high price then sell it at a low price because it is very loss. Do not sell unless you have earned a profit, if the price drops at least hold your coins until the price is good.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: