Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2413 times)
melliana

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:49:20 AM

Maybe it's because of panic and thinking rather than experiencing more losses will be better to sell it low. It is done in an effort to minimize losses.
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:14:32 AM

Well it is ridiculous to say that people buy low and sell high just to lose money. One possible thing is that maybe you are a panic buyer who buys bitcoin when he believes that bitcoin is getting high and have a lot of potential, and at the same time a panic seller who sells when he thinks bitcoin is starting to fall. This occurs to first timers who are not used to bitcoin's volatility.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:23:51 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

I don't understand why should one buy at a high price and sell very low. Perhaps by saying high you mean perhaps the stable value at which you think bitcoin is as thought have to go up but suddenly drops in value. This could be because you fears that bitcoin is going down and will never came anymore higher. Don't worry about such, worries create a problem. Your emotions could ruin your good logic. So if it goes down just keep holding on until it is the right time.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
Rasshemark

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

There is highly lack of knowledge and information about bitcoin as if they were having good information about bitcoin they must know when to buy bitcoin and how much it is good to save.Most people end up selling low because they panic a lot when prices take a dip.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:15:23 AM

There is highly lack of knowledge and information about bitcoin as if they were having good information about bitcoin they must know when to buy bitcoin and how much it is good to save.Most people end up selling low because they panic a lot when prices take a dip.

Bitcoin has not an stable currencies it has more ups and downs so we can made an mistakes it was buying higher prices and selling low prices because of same no experience in this field.

mary0919

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:24:08 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
People are being panic for buying high and then selling low. This is the attitude of a greedy person who cannot wait for the right time to buy and sell trade coins. I accept I am like this before I bought at high price because of I felt fear to the price to get higher and I did not buy it and selling high because of fearing too for the price to get very down. Be calm when trading and investing and be attentive always to the updates of the coins being traded.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:48:38 AM

Thanks guys!

actually buying expensive and selling cheap is a very good kruang action for trading it will make you lose, most people who do buy expensive and sell cheap is a panicky person.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:52:29 AM

buy at a high price then sell it when the price goes down I think it's a mistake and they just panic so make the wrong decision so that all they get is a loss
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:27:39 AM

Thanks guys!

in fact the way it is so wrong but many new players are easily panicked and eventually apply this expensive buy and sell when the price is cheap, they are easily affected which ultimately makes him lose money.
As this condition is concerned, I will only blame to all those newbies who started with zero tolerance and insufficient knowledge about what they are going to do. They think if someone wants to earn money or if someone have enough money to buy bitcoins they can easily take start without knowing nothing. But this isn’t the case brothers. We have to keep in mind what are ifs and buts of trading and investment.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:48:21 AM

Thanks guys!

Buy High to maintain the high value of a token, so when ever they need to buy in the future, they can still expect a high price. Unlike dumper that buy tokens in a low price so they can buy a lot of tokens, so when the time comes they can sell their token in a high and good price.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:33:29 PM

Thanks guys!

I thinknthat they are not meant to buy in a high value then sell it into a much cheaper one its just that they are not that patient when it becomes in holding some coins especially bitcoins because they buy when they saw some increases into the market because they though that it will continue for a long run then it will fall tremendously then they will.panic sell and then they will cut off their loss and thats what actually happens.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:49:00 PM

Thanks guys!

in fact the way it is so wrong but many new players are easily panicked and eventually apply this expensive buy and sell when the price is cheap, they are easily affected which ultimately makes him lose money.
As this condition is concerned, I will only blame to all those newbies who started with zero tolerance and insufficient knowledge about what they are going to do. They think if someone wants to earn money or if someone have enough money to buy bitcoins they can easily take start without knowing nothing. But this isn’t the case brothers. We have to keep in mind what are ifs and buts of trading and investment.

Well it's all about conditioning your mind before you spend your money on crypto investments. Obviously the reason for a buy high sell low attitude is panic because of drastically losing money. That can be avoided by knowing what you're doing and not jumping on hypes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
stingraydiver

Activity: 117
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:12:31 PM

Timing markets is dangerous!  You only lose or gain money if you sell!  Until then it is an unrealized gain or loss.  People should apply sound and fundamental investment principles.  Research and seek sound advice!
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:15:18 PM

Ugh I see no reason to do this. Maybe your mentality is like because of the decreasing price of Bitcoin you are thinking about selling it, and then when the price suddenly goes up you buy one. This will lose you profit just like you said. Learn to hold Bitcoins because Bitcoin's value isn't all out and always going up. The value fluctuates over time and no one can predict whether it will go up later or it will go down. So learn when to buy and when to sell your Bitcoins.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:52:14 PM

For most of traders who are less experienced in trading, they choose to sell all without choosing a cut-loss decision. They tend to worry about the price if it goes down then will make their assets unvaluable anymore.
But the fact is if they choose the cut-loss, it definitely saves some of their assets and will give them future profits from some of they hold.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
hachimon

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:20:12 PM

I think it's because of panic. And that's a natural thing in someone's thinking when buying at a high price, suddenly the price decreases. And that person always thinks that the price is going down, then the person will surely sell it to avoid more and more losses.
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:31:47 PM

Panic selling is a major key, FUD, sometimes one can have a particular problem which needs to be sorted out with money and the only option is selling cryptos, then there us loss reduction to avoid keep loosing when in a downward trend,  and being inexperienced as many people pass through this as traders
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

I think the feel of selling at a loss from when bought high is that they think they can still salvage part of their money; fear of losing totally! Also, I believe FUD do contribute to people taking that decision of selling off at a loss instead of HODLing.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:41:45 PM

Thanks guys!

Most of the people who are new in trading are happening the same way just what you experienced because they are naive on how the market works so the best thing to do is just learn by studying on the internet, there are so much things to do to become professional so keep on learning.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:55:34 PM

Panic selling is evident not only in this market, but in almost every other market. After seeing a fall, a lot of people lose hope and start selling out their investments to cash out as much as they can. Hence, they unintentionally become a part of the dump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: