Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:12:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2407 times)
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:44:11 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

An experience received for your money is the most useful thing you can get in your trading career. Accept it as a gift from your destiny and don't give up.  Wink
That’s true. Nobody loves to make loss from their investment, but sometimes you have to take a little loss than lose everything. And sometimes, the best thing to do is have patience and wait no matter how low it goes, as long as you’re sure that price will later go up.

Jambo tape

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:28:17 AM

The answer is very simple, because they panic sell because it probably the price of her down drastically and they were afraid one day the coin is not there is the price of her again, this is not need to actually because with can make you lose.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:43:28 AM

If you aim good profit, patience is a must. Never invest something big that has no assurance, because it will end up losing your money. You should be knowledgeable and have better understanding in order to arrived positive result:)
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:46:42 AM

They don’t it on purpose… I have done that several times when I was still a newbie in crypto world, until I discovered how this works. Since then I never bought high and sold low, rather I’m always buying at lower rates and selling at higher rates. So other people that are doing it are just afraid that they will lose money. But it’s very important that they continue doing it, cause it makes others earn.
bitcoinsc

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:19:48 AM

Its the crypto mentality thinking you will make big bucks. So buying high means nothing. Not until it dumps 60% then u would have to hold for a year long. Jus to have it back.

Ethereum and Uniswap.
koralan

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:26:20 AM

Investors often buy high and sell low because they do not anticipate market fluctuations and this is very understandable in the cryptocurrency market because many crypto are dominated by the wealthy. To succeed in this market you need to equip yourself with good knowledge of blockchain, cryptocurrency and market acumen.
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:32:43 AM

If you these, you don't read the movement of the pricing. Also, you are afraid to lose your money because you sell your investment without profit. When you buy coins next to it is holding for a long time.
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:42:41 AM

Blame your self the decision is in you. You sell it in high price or not, hold it too long or not. those people like you are not thinking if they have profit or not you'll investing without profit its look like you save your money in a bank and bank collect payments because you save your money to them so you invest your money in risk.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

Most people end up selling low because they panic a lot when prices take a dip. most aren't patient to wait long enough to see the coins recover, most of the people who do this end up regretting.
If one has done mistake of panic selling with bitcoin, he or she is definitely going to bang their heads in the wall when bitcoin is going to take a ride to moon by the end or mid of this year. Panic selling is usually done by those how are new to crypto market or who don’t have enough of patience. Such people suffer a lot even in their real lives. Patience is a virtue because it pays you off in the end.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:28:20 AM

I do believe it is because of more investors or let us say traders believe that they can have a good chance to make more profit in the making if the prices turn to green. Maybe they are soo concern on what will be their profit than what will be their loses. Although risky but needs to try the luck.
Whenever I interact with the new comers in the bitcoin, they are always worried about loss and are never excited about the profits, so this can be the reason for buying the bitcoin is the higher prices and selling in the lower. But after then, when they get a little bit of loss and see the profit then they generally get the idea about the working of the market from which they were unfamiliar. Slowly and gradually they set and tune themselves according to the market and then later on more new comers come and repeat the same.
will777

Activity: 265

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:11:52 PM

If you are not good at investing then you should not race the market. Wait patiently for the coin to recover. I think big investors always create fluctuations in the market and they have a good time to buy and sell to make a profit. be patient.
snawy

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:12:25 PM

Many people suggest holding strategy. But some coins are just useless, and if you have such coin then it’s better to sell low.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:43:22 PM

Those people who knows about the bitcoin and crypto market they are not ready to buy high and sell low but those who are in the crypto market and they just want to cash out bitcoin they follow this strategy to sell once earn but for me the situation is changed and i believe the long term usage of bitcoin because i will need online payments in the future so for that i will hold my coins and the investment of these are also good i am convincing my brother to invest in the bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
elghoniya

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:05:10 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

they are panic people who buy high and sell low.
should be otherwise.
Haleytyr

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:26:18 PM

People are not selling at the low price and the price are now low most of the people are holding because the buying at high and selling at low are loss for us and in the modern era we have to manage time and money so if the prices are low then the holding strategy is good and in the bitcoin it is good to not sell because we can use this for the online payments as well so that is the advantage of this currency.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:57:41 PM

People are not selling at the low price and the price are now low most of the people are holding because the buying at high and selling at low are loss for us and in the modern era we have to manage time and money so if the prices are low then the holding strategy is good and in the bitcoin it is good to not sell because we can use this for the online payments as well so that is the advantage of this currency.
That is right, wise people don't sell at cheap price, they don't want to lose their investment, that is why most people recommends to buy at low price so that when the price goes up to the amount that they bought then they are selling it in high price making sure that they have profit on it.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:00:42 PM

Thanks guys!
That's the only reason why people buy high and sell low and that's because they want to cut their losses, Some people also follow that trend because they have some financial difficulties and they had no other options but to sell .
Kuchiyosenojutsu

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:54:17 PM

make sure the coin you hold is not a coin pump because you will buy at the highest price of the coin, then they do dump then that happens you will experience a loss. see market statistics and market volume 24 hours or otherwise volume per week it will avoid you from coin pump.
panic, this is what happens when you buy a coin at a high price then the price of a coin suddenly goes down, then you feel panic then sell it to reduce losses. this is a big mistake for traders, because you do not have a belief that this will be a wonderful result for you in the future. because a coin will not die if there is still a trade.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:54:39 PM

Your reason really is the main reason for this "Buy High and sell low". People don't want to keep an idle money, especially not when it doesn't give you a profit and cost you some losses. That is why people are forced to sell at low price and minimize their loss. In an economy like bitcoins, it takes time to rise the price again, and still it's not certain.
catok broek

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:03:01 PM

Thanks guys!

it is a bandwagon character that I've seen a lot. those people are triggered by urge to gain big profit like others do without behavior and knowledge how to do investment properly. they are excited when many people are doing investment, they are ignorant of the necessity for observation, they start to invest when proper traders are cooling down, and they are panic and selling out when proper traders observe. They do business with emotion takes control.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: