Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
Kayla

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:31:15 AM

I think you have less experience and need to learn more about investing or trading bitcoin or other digital currencies. Before you invest and trade you need to know the market situation and the character and condition of the digital currency. So you are not hit by a panic to sell it. Maybe you also think that this is the end of the breaking of bitcoin and other digital currencies, so you sell it right away despite you lose big.

Stug

Activity: 447
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:12:41 AM

I think people still don't have enough knowledge about crypto market. So make a buy decision at wrong time.
thekafi

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:26:04 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

oh no, I buy low and sell when high. My reason to invest will to get benefit not lose
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:35:58 AM

Sometimes people want to make a quick buck and they need money /profit as soon as possible because they have to pay their electricity bill / house rent , etc.

And in that situation they are not able to time the market and end up selling low and buying high. Everyone goes through this.

In the world of digital currencies, things happen so rapidly that most of the investors couldn’t manage to control their nerves and that they fail to make the right decision at such kind of tough times. Most of the newbies fall victim of such kind of thing like that of buying the coins at higher rates and then selling them off at time when they experience a certain downfall in the market since some period of time.
themughni

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:44:16 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

oh no, its a wrong strategic. buy low and sell when high is better to get alot benefit.
mikhaila2304

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:45:36 AM

maybe you buy when the price is high, and the present situation bitcoin and altcoin prices are all experiencing drastic price decline. you should read a lot of news and a little discussion so as not to panic selling
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:56:11 AM

It could be one of these two things that I know, either they fear of losing more money in the process if they keep holding their investment or they are FOMOing. Most people are so gullible that they easily believe to every FUDs/news they hear about their coin that they end up losing trust in them when in fact they should not because all coin has their own news that affect its image in the community.
Handa

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:06:47 AM

I have seen my friends buying bitcoin when its going high at a high rate thinking that the Bitcoin will now constantly grow up without any fall thats not a good decision . Investing includes risk taking and smart decision . Your profit directly depends upon the decision you made when investing , holding and selling the coin. Be smart and be patient while the graph is increasing of decreasing gradually
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:42:44 AM

Many people see high prices and they tend to believe the price will keep going up and that if they do not get in on the market that they will miss out on making a lot of money. So they buy in at the height of the bull market and think it will keep going up, but then the price start going back down and they start losing money and it is the same thinking, that it will keep going down so they sell and try to cut their losses.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Berfikirlah

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:19:04 AM

Perhaps if prices continue to rise many people buy with the same expectation that continue to rise when it is not necessarily, can be down in minutes, many people buy expensive and sell cheap it also depends on patience if the person is impatient or because something urgent and in need of money I'm sure the person will sell for a bargain.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:26:27 AM

A lot of new investors have been suffering losses, due to the fact that they have been buying high and after some time selling low. It is very important in the cryptocurrency market to invest at the right time.
lushlifing

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:34:45 PM

Why? :facepalm:, trading without knowledge is just like joining a war without a weapon, you should improve your trading skills first, do some research in https://www.investopedia.com/ and watch some trading videos in youtube, it will help a lot.
dirham99

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:43:29 PM

Thanks guys!

you should buy low then sell high. keep calm and stay focus wait bitcoin price will rise
Syakir1989

Activity: 172
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:58:27 PM

Thanks guys!
it's called panic sell, people who are impatient in the world of trading they tend to always lose because they think if not sell now then the higher the loss then they will panic sell without waiting for the price back grow ..
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:07:26 PM

Thanks guys!
What was your own reason for such move? I am ready to bet that you were thinking 'better to have at least that than nothing at all', that's why you sold your investment by low price. I think that is normal behaviour for new traders, they become disappointed in everything about crypto very fast, after the first fall. But such situation is usual for crypto currencies, they are simply not stable, that's why people who have patience and can wait long enough succeed in everything about making money on crypto trading.
That was your first experience it appeared negative, but it is normal, with the time you will understand the behaviour of crypto market and then your investments will bring you the profit you desire.
tiga huruf

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:11:39 PM

Thanks guys!
probably because they are mental disorders, just like you. why I say so, because in general sane people do the opposite you do. lol forgive me for my words sir
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:57:44 PM

Thanks guys!
I think people are doing that because they are expecting that the price of the coins they invested will grow sooner or later but unexpectedly drops that is why they immediately sell their holdings and then later on the price move up but their coins already sold. So for me, to cut big losses is the main reason why people are doing that.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1218
Merit: 317

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:10:28 PM

A lot of new investors have been suffering losses, due to the fact that they have been buying high and after some time selling low. It is very important in the cryptocurrency market to invest at the right time.

Buying high and sell low maybe it was not good idea because you losses of your profit from that.
You just like playing your money for doing that.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Nana1

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:41:34 PM

I think such people are not patient. Patience is key for every investment. Be patient when prices drop, expecting them to rise again sometime.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

A few people overlook that bitcoin and other cryptographic money doesn't have a regular cost. We realize that bitcoin and another digital currency is fluctuating excessively. I believe that you are freezing to lose your cash and don't make an enormous benefit. The principal thing you have to do is to unwind and quiet your self, after that attempt to break down that market volume of bitcoin in the wake of looking at the amount you can see on the off chance that it will increment or abatement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: