Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:32:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:58:40 PM

Seriously? There's someone who buy high and sell low?
I'm confused here, like, what do you want to do with your cryptocurrency? Don't you buy it because you want to have profits?
I don't know what makes you do that, but maybe because you're afraid of the price change and choose to sell instead although it's cheap? Don't be. You should buy when the price drops. Wait patiently, and surely, it will increase little by little.
Bitcoin going up and down is normal, don't sell your bitcoin in low price, you're gonna regret it.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s.mahmood

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

It is common strategy that peoples generally buy low and sell high.when market is decreasing continues peoples are attacked by panic as a result fear more losing they sell btc low price, I don't find another cause.
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:32:33 PM

Well it is ridiculous to say that people buy low and sell high just to lose money. One possible thing is that maybe you are a panic buyer who buys bitcoin when he believes that bitcoin is getting high and have a lot of potential
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:37:20 PM

You have to gain some experience before trading. If you are not experienced then you can make mistakes such as buying high and selling low.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:42:46 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
I think the reason people buy high, besides the fact that they are investing on emotion, is because they don't know how to value a business

They do not want that to happen. Maybe because the particular token they bought have not enough ability to rise up again. What I mean is that the price has fallen and cant go up again. Maybe because many holders doing panic selling so that the price is continually falling down.
brainryan

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:50:24 PM

I think their losses stem from panic and do not understand the market and they do not invest in learning and improving their knowledge of the crypto market. They invest in bitcoin by the habit that bitcoin always produces profits and grows continuously. They have forgotten the nature of the market is volatility and risk. The supply is not fixed and depends on the mining. If not wise to recognize and patiently wait for the recovery process from the market. They will lose without any profit.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:24:22 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.
Most likely this is due to the "psychology of the crowd" of most people who have got acquainted with cryptocurrencies and try their hand at trading on the stock exchange behave as dictated by the environment - they all sell and they sell, but this is not always correct, as you saw for yourself. It's natural, so many people behave and in order not to do so, you need to have your opinion, clearly understand your actions and believe in what you are doing. If you are sure, for example, that bitcoin will cost 20k dollars, then regardless of whether it will be cheaper to 5k you will still buy it and unshakably wait for the moment when bitcoin will cost as much as you think. It is rather a matter of self-control.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

Thanks guys!

Yes the desire to get excess profits can make people think short, because you see bitcoin is increasing, and you buy it because it thinks bitcoin will continue to increase, but you do not consider the price of an unstable bitcoin that can go down anytime. Do not sell the bitcoin you have when the price falls, try to calm down and do not panic, bitcoin can increase again and you will benefit from bitcoin.
Exactly it is good to have patience if you see the price of bitcoin is decreasing but if you will flow with the wind of low price and will sell it low I know it will be in vain, earning profit from bitcoin is not very hard but it takes a lot of patience if you see the price of bitcoin is decreasing, once bitcoin price become low then wise and well known investors only buy bitcoin they never think about sell their bitcoin at all. most of time people lose the patience to see the price abnormally getting down so my suggestion for them is, bitcoin is very good investment if you do it with patience without selling at panic, it will surely make you rich in very small time interval.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:30:12 PM

Thanks guys!
By doing this you dont really believe that bitcoin price could rise again or maybe you just needed your money back badly so you sold your bitcoin? You know you are going to lose but you should have just held your bitcoin and wait for a brighter days.

bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:40:44 AM

Because you can't predict market price. I think no one can predict market price, so you just have speculation if price will go up then you buy it.  But ,what happen? Price still go down and you must do cut loss. Careful to do trading, because trading have a big risk.
Boromon

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:24:54 AM

There's many reason why some others buy high and sell low some of reason is panic selling. And people have hard time control their emotion in a bear market. And the perfect strategy is buying at low prices and selling it at high price.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:55:47 AM

Thanks guys!

People buy high and sell low because they re going in the flow. These people are not wise enough for investing. They buy high because they think that these coins are worthy of buying and many people are transacting in it. Then, they just hold that coins until it drops. Then goes the panic selling.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:00:04 AM

Maybe its because of the lack of knowledge. Basically it is the common reason why people sold their holdings at a loss specially with the newbies. I also sold my holdings at a lower price simply because of cutting losses its normal to do that if you have your trading plan. If possible try not to sold your coins at a lower price because you will be the one to suffer on that decision because if you do that you will have a great loss and possibly your money that you invest will be gone.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:03:35 AM

Many investors invest in psychology and FOMO, and they buy Altcoin are many buyers although it goes up too high, they believe that it continues to go up and make a profit for them. When it starts to go down, they fear and sell everything to minimize losses.

gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:15:00 AM

Thanks guys!
Why do people buy high and sell low? maybe they just do that when their sale / sale is losing or they are selling at a good price, so they prefer to lower their prices so that they can benefit, so that later they can use it
symbian

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:24:11 AM

Possibly this is a result of the absence of information. Fundamentally it is the basic motivation behind why individuals sold their possessions at a misfortune extraordinarily with the amateurs. I likewise sold my property at a lower cost just due to slicing misfortunes its ordinary to do that on the off chance that you have your exchanging plan. On the off chance that conceivable do whatever it takes not to sold your coins at a lower cost since you will be the one to endure on that choice in light of the fact that in the event that you do that you will have an incredible misfortune and potentially your cash that you contribute will be no more.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:26:38 AM

I think people dont do this with intention. So they plan to uby low and sell high. You know i had the same problem when i was new into trading and cryptocurrencies. I buyed a token or coin, and then i wait sometime. But instead of going up, the coin dumps. SO every rookie will geht on this time the first time some fud and will dont know what it is. So you are scared to lose money, so you think when i sell now, i have just 10% of loss. So i think thats why so many people are doing this!
oleksiivinogradov
Copper Member

Activity: 112

I'm a serial entrepreneur and investor

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 05:29:49 AM

Thanks guys!
Its called collective mind and in most cases this mind doing stupid. Like “I bought bcs my poker’s friend do a same” or “ups, time to fix negative profit bcs my colleague do a same”.

CRYPTOADS MARKETPLACE | | A powerful advertising platform built on Ethereum
Token Sale | | Bitcointalk ANN | | Bounty Program | | Telegram
PRESALE: 15 May - 15 Jun | | CROWDSALE: 16 Jun - 16 Jul
Jlimao28

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:34:19 AM

Thanks guys!
Some of the people do that don't know well about trading. Many newbies were trapped in the crash and they sell their coins because of FUD news. Trading is not easy, some people become panic sellers because they thought that the price will never go up. There are some people that buy crypto halfway of the bull run and if the price will dump, they are fear to lose their capital. All of them are the reason why many people buy high and sell low.
Chrisjay

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:17:13 AM

I think people who sell in low price then buy in high is that person is a lavk of knowledge on you can get more profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: