Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:28:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2415 times)
Flayme

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:11:59 AM

It think it's your strategy in selling that's good.... but always think that you will lose a lots of effort and money if you did that... Panic selling is not good but if it is you strategy why not... Every one has its own way of selling but make sure you will earn.. But I suggest that you need to be patient because making a rush decision is not good..
BigBos

Activity: 1932
Merit: 448

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:25:26 AM

Because people are scared that they can lose more and they are not oriented in cryptocurrency market, so they sell it low because they don't want to lose too much and they are afraid of risk.
well, panic will be the only reason strong in this case. when someone buys a coin at a high price, and sells it when the price starts to dump. I think it is a panic, and to prevent further losses. I've done it a few times.
Monyero

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:06:56 AM

People will be selling bitcoin lower than purchase price because to avoid bigger losses. It's because bitcoin value keeps decreasing. I also do it a few times, because bitcoin price keeps going down. And later on when start up again i just buy it again .
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:25:49 AM

Because those people are panic about the present situation of the market, we cannot help to those hope because they already know when market recover they can make huge money but for weak heart we cannot convince them easily.

ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:41:43 AM

This is a classic mistake that inexperienced investors do. Unfortunately, they pay a big price for it. Like Warren Buffet said, We need to buy when others are scared and sell others are greedy.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:56:31 AM

Because people are scared that they can lose more and they are not oriented in cryptocurrency market, so they sell it low because they don't want to lose too much and they are afraid of risk.

It's the major trend already since some of people are attracted on cryptos on a high price without even thinking that cryptos are naturally volatile. In fact, they're also the reason why the bearish market seems to stay with us for a long time.

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:13:26 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
You are afraid on what market can do, your thinking that the market could not be recover and will continue to fall down, you are afraid to take a risk specially it has money involve, I advice to you that go with the flow what the markets would like to happen then go when it was dip then go buy and buy and don't sell when it was cheaper.
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:08:57 AM

I think when before buying, you're wrong in the analysis of the coin you want to buy, and that's what makes you lose money.

but be patient because it's just a matter of time, the coins you buy the price drop dramatically at this time, but we do not know tomorrow, you better hold the first coin and you can play in another coin. Because I believe all businesses have a circle where there is a moment when it goes up and there is a moment when it goes down.
It is the rule of the market and principle of successful investors that they never ever invest into a coin which is blindly followed by public. They always make deep analysis of the coin, understand its market trends and the support it is enjoying. Some newcomers get impressed easily by altcoin projects and invest into them good money which results in selling at cheap prices because the coin is unable to survive.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:25:13 AM

I think when before buying, you're wrong in the analysis of the coin you want to buy, and that's what makes you lose money.

but be patient because it's just a matter of time, the coins you buy the price drop dramatically at this time, but we do not know tomorrow, you better hold the first coin and you can play in another coin. Because I believe all businesses have a circle where there is a moment when it goes up and there is a moment when it goes down.
It is the rule of the market and principle of successful investors that they never ever invest into a coin which is blindly followed by public. They always make deep analysis of the coin, understand its market trends and the support it is enjoying. Some newcomers get impressed easily by altcoin projects and invest into them good money which results in selling at cheap prices because the coin is unable to survive.
Many of people think that bitcoin price will never increase and maybe it will dead so that's why they sell in low price because they fear from its harmful price, but they take some patience and wait for more few time they will get best profit.

Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

Because it is necessary to not succumb to panic, and to reason and think sanely. You understand that after takeoff there is always an adjustment, and therefore a fall. Just as with the fall, always after it goes off. You just have to learn to wait and always keep your hands on the pulse of Kriptorynka.

bogacola

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:42:44 PM

Market prices are determined by the balance of buyers and sellers.  Everyone cannot buy low, since that would cause an immediate movement of prices up.  Ditto for selling high.  The only way one can buy low and sell high is to do the opposite of what most people do.
Maloramo

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

Because no one ever knows where the highest price will be and where the lowest price will be. Your purchases and sales are random points on the chart.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:10:31 PM

Because of a scenario that might scared to lose everything that's why some peole get panic then sell their coin all of a sudden. But if a person has a patience to wait for a moment like bitcoin, to come back its usual price or more. Then, for sure they will get earned a huge profits in the future.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:16:56 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 02:39:43 PM by AK47-

The major reason is panic. Small investors usually fall for panic selling. This is what comes to the advantage to big holders which are usually the manipulator and the reason behind all the FUD and panic. Small investors tend to invest to the maximum of their potential and hence fall prey to panic easily. They fear losing everything in bear market and end up selling low. During bull market, most of such investors just jump in without analyzing anything and follow the crowd end up buying high. Bulk holders understand such market behavior and tend to dictate the market accordingly. If you don't understand charts and analysis, always go long term. This will save you from deliberate market manipulation.
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:55:27 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Real reason? LAZINESS. Yes, you read that right, LAZINESS. Sorry to say it but that is the main reason in my understanding as to why this habit is continuously done by mostly newbie investors here in this industry. People often do panic selling because of lack of knowledge or information. Meaning, they are too lazy to do their own research first on their investments which leads to investing in scams, selling on small profit, or getting big losses on their capital and so much more. If only you spend some time studying your investments and giving the extra effort into looking for as many news as you can and confirming the sources of every information, you wouldn't have that much losses and may even get a lot of good profit. Because you see, fuds are everywhere and people will always want to have something to say in just about anything which may either feed the fire or put it out. So stop trusting a single source because most of the time, you will see people that have no clue on what they are blabbering about.

Another reason(which is the most common and obvious one) is investing funds that are obviously more than what you can afford to lose. This right here is the most common mistake that newbies do since they think that this industry is a one way ticket to the moon. Which is obviously not true. Investing money that you can afford to lose or just throw away is the safest choice for beginners in this industry because investing money that is of no use won't bother you and give you sleepless nights. Yes, it will make you hold firmer into your coins in times like these when all the cryptos are in a sea of red. Which can pay off in the end when the prices go bullish again(that is if you chose the right investment). And if it doesn't, then you wouldn't care that much since it isn't money that you need to have a roof over your head or to make ends meet.

Quite a lengthy post, but will surely open eyes if you have read it up to the end.
I know it is not allowed to ask for merits so I won't.
It will be up to you if you have found this post helpful and would share some merits.
But if not, then still I am thankful that you have read m post. Good day and hope this helps not only op but other newbies as well.
summit26

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

It is not usual to doing buy an investment and sell it below the price of acquisition price. However, sometimes you might need to it in some circumtances where all you need to is to sell it for you to avoid big big losses.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:13:18 PM

Thanks guys!

Always remember that once you enter in trading industry, the feeling of worrying or being panic is not a good attitude that we should apply while doing trade in the actual performance  in the exchange platform. Due to our job as a traders was when the price value down that the time for us to buy then when the it goes up its a signal to sell, its very simple isn't?
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:16:35 PM

I do not think to buy a high price then sell it at a low price because it is very loss. Do not sell unless you have earned a profit, if the price drops at least hold your coins until the price is good.
Gyugita

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:36:06 PM

many people buy high prices and sell at cheap prices because of panic selling.
Afraid of not getting anything and afraid of much loss
but if you wait to buy a cheap price and sell at a high price they will benefit greatly, but few people like that.
I am currently learning to save and collect money to buy coins to be able to trade and learn from colleagues so as not to follow the panic selling that they often do.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:38:47 PM

Because no one ever knows where the highest price will be and where the lowest price will be. Your purchases and sales are random points on the chart.

That is obvious since Bitcoin and other digital currencies are volatile, no one can predict or knows what will be the movement of the price but that is not the reason why they sell low and buy at high. People do this since it is the most common strategy or way to earn on your investments in digital currencies, that is just the reason I am seeing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: