Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
Heroonnone

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:54:40 PM

Because many people are listening to the high earnings of their colleagues and want to try themselves without knowing in fact how this market works. And this is a very big mistake.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:27:59 PM

Wrong decisions in trading are most often done under the influence of emotions. People are in a hurry to approve their losses and sell their assets. In trading, the patient wins

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:02:12 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Simply because of misfortune and uncertainty. The market value of Bitcoin is given to be volatile and as such,things are always possible to happen whether it is a good thing or not . Those who are buying during the increase might thought that thir investmenr could go along with the increase so thst profit will be earned.and those who are slling during deflations are just forced to cut their losses so the only thing to do is to sell.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
chindro

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:37:04 PM

I think many times it happens that bitcoin prices get stabilization at some point and then the buzz starts everywhere that bitcoin is stable and it is getting prepared to spike itself even further. Don't be a part of panic buying and selling, sometimes you just need to believe and take the risk.
Kimbohh

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:45:14 PM

Most of inventors even me don't know the future i mean what is the future price of bitcoin. No one control its price each day.
laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:52:05 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

In order to earn profit in the market you need to invest on cryptocurrency while the price is low and sell them again when it increases just the normal way of earning profit but since people are worrying about their loss , they tend to sell their investment at the lowest price when the market's value is dumping.
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:04:54 PM

That's the FOMO (Fear of missing out) syndrome..it usually happens when big influencers says something good about a certain asset/coin , pump and dump groups,or an update release for some projects..some traders gonna buy it and buy in the middle of the hype but before they knew it big dumpers are already waiting to take profits from it..when you do trading just try to control your emotions and dont be afraid or  too greedy.when your expecting a 20% profit  from your trades dont be afraid to lose 40% of your capital per trade..

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
will777

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:13:13 PM

Buying at high prices and selling at low price is sometimes due to the untimely buying of coins because of the expectation that price will still rise. Then selling at low price is the result is the result of panic. So it is best to study the current price trend before making such decision to buy coins to minimize losses.
Ca.ming14

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:21:51 PM

People tend to panic that's why they buy coins when the price is high knowing that it will double the money that they invest since the value of the coin will be increasing more but if the outcome of their investment is not what they expected, they will dump the coin immediately, that's why people tend to buy when the price is high and  sell when it's value is low.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:23:33 PM

There is few reasons that some people buy crypto currencies high and then sell low. Firstly the new comers and investors who havent good knowledge about the volatility and the market unstability, they have many doubts and panic whenever the price go down and as a result they prefer selling than holding and waiting until the price go up again. Also some traders just need cash for urgent purpooses thats why they sell with actual price even if it is low.
angelinedelatorre

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 02:40:17 PM

We need patience in crypto world. Do not panic when the price is lower and lower. Just hold until it is going back high. Next time when you buy study the price chart of the coin when it is low or high.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:51:44 PM

Thanks guys!
Some people buy coins at high price and then will sell at low price this is because they will panic to the price if they have noticed the price is going to rise they will buy and cannot wait to get low so they can buy at high price. When they have noticed the price is down, they will sell their hold coins because of the fear that the coins might get so very low. In short, they got panic and this is not good attitude for a good trader.
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:53:17 PM

In my opinion, fear and greed are the main reasons why people buy high and sell low. In first step, entry point is where is fear of missing out or commonly abbreviated to "FOMO". At that moment people have hope that price of particular asset or coin will go up... In first scenario price goes up, but they did not sell and take profits because of greed and thinking in a way that price will always go up, usually this sort of people do not have target price, or their targets is unreachable in short term. In second scenario price goes down and no one really knows where is bottom, they wait or sell lower, if they did not sell and price is still going lower and lower then there comes emotions of fear, uncertainty and doubt which is commonly abbreviated to "FUD".
The best solution for me and for most of people that do not have very good knowledge is to hold asset or "HODL" until our target (price) is reached. Smiley

BTC
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:23:01 PM

Actually it is caused by fear, fear the price of the coin will not be able to go back up or as expected again. Though maybe if we are patient, its price will probably increase again. But this is like the world of cryptocurrency no one can be guessed or made sure.
HiRollStaff

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:19:15 PM

Honestly its just basic human instinct at the core: They see something they want, they do what they need to do to get it. Then, the same thing but in reverse, danger instincts say that when you see danger in the price dropping, you sell. Being a good trader is all about being able to do almost the exact opposite of what you're comfortable with.
neoandtrinity

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:56:24 PM

I think because they believe that the strategy of buying low and selling high is normal for newbies in the crypto world and it is the best way to increase asset and to gain profit from trading.
Situk brok

Activity: 401

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:59:45 PM

That's the result because someone who bought bitcoin at a high price and then sell it at a cheap price because they are afraid bitcoin it will always go down so that panic sell but this is the most wrong action should the brand wait until the bitcoin is back up so the brand does not lose.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:05:37 PM

Thanks guys!
I've been experienced this too i buy high and sell low because of panicking when i saw the market going down. But i got cover up my loses because i will buy again at the bottom so i will get a good profit on it.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:33:41 PM

Investing in bitcoins has never been easier and trading more difficult if you do not really understand the cryptocurrency market. Learn from the market a lot of knowledge and experience if you want to succeed.
cutiemolit

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:09:23 AM

Investing in bitcoins has never been easier and trading more difficult if you do not really understand the cryptocurrency market. Learn from the market a lot of knowledge and experience if you want to succeed.

Panick is the reason why they buy high and sell low their coins. We know that the ups and downs status of coins in the cryptocurrency world market is a part of its risk. But what triggers mist to sell investors coin is the fake news that they can read through internet. They say crypto would die anytime causing them to panick. It's better to hold on than panicking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: