Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:41:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet still work?  (Read 21210 times)
icohunter1024 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:58:09 AM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true. So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:03:30 AM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true. So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?

Where did you heard that news? Do you have any link to prove your claim? I just used my ether wallet this day and it is perfectly working. There is no issue in my ether wallet and everything is working fine. Maybe you heard an hearsay and you must prove that because it may create some misinformation to people using MEW.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:08:18 AM

true or not, doesn't matter.
what wallets like myetherwallet do is that they create a private key for you and they claim to not store the private keys anywhere. this means you control the private keys and you alone. and a private key is all you need to be able to spend any funds that you have in your address.

so in case MEW disappeared one day, all you need to do is to find a wallet that allows you to import private keys and then do that.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:08:45 AM

I just used my MEW a while ago to transfer some of my ETH to the exchange. I dont know where did you get that news. It is much better if you post the source or link of the news here.

One more thing. I will use MEW because it has a proven track of service and care for its users. On the other hand. I will never ever use Mycrypto because they are thieves. just like what they did to MEW twitter.

worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:09:44 AM

Why not to use it,where did you hear that,there are certainly other wallets metamsk for example,but about myetherwallet I have not heard,maybe you confused something.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:10:19 AM

Where did you heard this? I'm curious and want to find out if this is true or not. Yesterday, I sent my tokens to an exchange and it works perfectly. Maybe this is just a hoax.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:11:57 AM

No, MEW will continue be live. You, maybe mean, that MEW devs splited into two teams with their own product - one continue MEW developing and other started new web wallet MyCrypto https://mycrypto.com with "Captain Everything Officer" Taylor team lead (one of the MyEtherwallet founder).
Temik2704

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:12:27 AM

What a silly things are you speaking about: MyEtherWallet is just an interface. If MEW will dessappear - you just find another wallet and import private key.

dedelp01

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

where did you get that information. If its true I think there is another way to open you account address. Its just you private key that won't work not your wallet.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
Barabulya

Activity: 450
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:17:17 AM

Where did you heard that news? Do you have any link to prove your claim? I just used my ether wallet this day and it is perfectly working. There is no issue in my ether wallet and everything is working fine. Maybe you heard an hearsay and you must prove that because it may create some misinformation to people using MEW.
I completely agree with the previous post. We need proof of this news. However, if your news is true, do not panic, the main thing is that you have saved the text file of the purse. This solves the problem

yigitcoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:17:27 AM

It is not true bro its ridiculus. Don believe like how will it stop work. it doesnt depend someone. its technology cant stop. there are miners for it. Cheesy
IsuruMaduranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:20:15 AM

False news..
MEW work perfectly and i used it a while ago. It has never make me disappointed.  Cool

I saw similar posts with in 2 or 3 days.MEW is the best online Eth wallet out there.I don't know why people doubted it.  Embarrassed

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
17 - 24 April Public Sale
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:20:27 AM

You gave me goosebumps, confirm first before you decide yourjudgement about MEW's the community. You can use other wallets to see your coins anytime anywhere with just your private key imported. Where did you even heard the news and is that for real?
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:28:38 AM

Do not worry if mew can not be used, there are other wallet options that you can use. I recommend you to use metamask, because I think it's safer than mew.
Hellobx

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:41:14 AM

It's just a FUD.
Myetherwallet is still the best wallet so far, so you can safely use it. If you want to change your wallet, you can use the imtoken light purse.

tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:54:52 AM

I hope mate you at first use it my etherwallet is the best wallet for erc20 token system. i think its best and user friendly . if you never use it you never know it so before any comment try to use first .
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:59:01 AM

It really doesn't matter whether myetherwallet exist or not. Myetherwallet is not a wallet in the sense of third party to start with. With your private key you could spend and access your fund with any wallet that allow you to load your privatekey

Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:01:00 AM

I still use MEW for some new tokens and altcoins.
no problems during this time, although something happened to their company. so far I have not heard any bad news about MEW
drogas

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:02:07 AM

MEW is still a strong and an effective wallet. What's important is that your end is secure. I.e. no computer viruses, phishing links, etc.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:03:54 AM

Why people like op make such claims without proper research is something I fail to understand. It is obvious that MEW(MyEtherWallet) is still operational and is not exhibiting any problems whatsoever and I have checked this yesterday myself. Why rattle people unnecessarily? I did hear that there are some problems between the MEW developers at the moment, but this does not mean that there is a problem with the MEW wallet. In the worst case scenario, if there was really a problem, you can always use your private key to access your funds through some other wallets as others stated.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: