Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:38:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet still work?  (Read 21215 times)
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:06:22 AM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true. So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?

It was just alert to avoid fishing sites of MEW. You can use MEW but be sure to double-check correct MEW website address or use Metamask as alternative

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:07:38 AM

I'm still using myetherwallet, In last day I withdraw my tokens, still work no having problems in myetherwallet. I don't know if there is another wallet like myetherwallet that can handle any tokens.

Zveresk

Activity: 378
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:08:57 AM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true. So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?

Where did you hear this? MEW work well anytime. And MEW doesn't store your ethereum, MEW only give you access to block in blockchain where are situated you money. If something will happen with MEW you can import your account in other place by private key
antonio88s

Activity: 423
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:14:11 AM

I used MEW till now and it's working fine and no problem with that. And don't forget to keep you private key so you could import it anywhere else.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:35:49 AM

Well, I don't agree with your point that MEW won't work anymore, where did you hear that news, any source? The first thing you need to know about MEW is that it only generates private/public keys for you, and it is just an interface that allows you to access your funds on blockchain giving you full control of your private keys, your funds are not stored in MEW it is stored in the blockchain. If somehow there is a problem with MEW, you can still just import your private keys or JSON file in metamask and start accessing your funds.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 10:32:41 AM

I just use it a few hours ago and send some token to the exchange and its work fine, i think that not true. MEW still best personal wallet for ERC20 Token. Safe and secure, i never get any problem with this wallet. Its easy to use it and safe for hold token in long term.

justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:39:47 AM

Well yes myetherwallet still works i just used it today to receive my ethereum won from bitvest and also some airdrop coins and i have still no problems using it although i am receiving some phishing mails stating that my wallet was hacked i always ignore though but if myetherwallet will be down, i will withdraw all of my ether and tokens to a backup address and download desktop wallet to transafer all of my coins.
Foxdub

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:42:28 AM

My ether wallet is still used and working!
I'm using it every day, i don't understand who's giving these fake news
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

Do not believe what people say, the certainty has not been determined at all. From where you hear this, if so I think myetherwallet party will issue an official statement that they are no longer operating.
Until now I still use MEW wallet and there is no constraint at all.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:48:10 AM

you should include a link indicating that MEW can't be used again, to prove it all. I just opened my MEW, and it's still fine. and all the coins and tokens I keep on MEW, are still there and all right.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:59:04 AM

I can't see clearly where did the OP got this news all about regarding the problem of myetherwallet, in such a case if ever there are problem with the mew, as long as you have the private key like the json file, then it is still safe because that private key can still be accessed from other wallet like metamask.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

MEW is in perfect working condition, and such misleading information should be avoided. the best you can do is to confirm the authenticity of such information before going into panic.
Devourer

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:00:51 AM

don't worry if myetherwallet not work, we still can use metamask.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:29:15 AM

Where did you heard that news? Have you tried already using myetherwallet? to answer your query, MEW is still working and can be use as much as you can,just keep your keys to make your MEW alive.
bossloccox

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:41:10 AM

Where did you heard that news? Do you have any link to prove your claim? I just used my ether wallet this day and it is perfectly working. There is no issue in my ether wallet and everything is working fine. Maybe you heard an hearsay and you must prove that because it may create some misinformation to people using MEW.

You're right, i've never heard or read any bad news about MEW. I also use Myetherwallet and i have many acquaintances who use this wallet. It is safe to use and i know my token was safe. It probably depends on how you care about it. There also bounty campaigns that require myetherwallet . This is what their participants need to use.
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:44:32 AM

Where did you heard that news? Do you have any link to prove your claim? I just used my ether wallet this day and it is perfectly working. There is no issue in my ether wallet and everything is working fine. Maybe you heard an hearsay and you must prove that because it may create some misinformation to people using MEW.

You're right, i've never heard or read any bad news about MEW. I also use Myetherwallet and i have many acquaintances who use this wallet. It is safe to use and i know my token was safe. It probably depends on how you care about it. There also bounty campaigns that require myetherwallet . This is what their participants need to use.
what's wrong with MEW?
I think MEW is still okay, but what I worry about MEW scam site or also called PHISING exist in cyberspace, we must be careful Smiley
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:46:01 AM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true.
Where have you heard this fake news?
So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?
Use ledger nano s, it's the best. But the news that you have heard that MEW can't be used anymore is false. MEW is still working and good wallet to trust with. Maybe you misunderstood the split between its team?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:46:57 AM

I do not know what you are talking about and where did you get the rumor? until now mew can still running.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:56:50 AM

No, MEW will continue be live. You, maybe mean, that MEW devs splited into two teams with their own product - one continue MEW developing and other started new web wallet MyCrypto https://mycrypto.com with "Captain Everything Officer" Taylor team lead (one of the MyEtherwallet founder).

Okay so thats cool whats the difference between the two wallets now?

I'm hoping they can come up with something that will let us easily claim dividends of some tokens that allows us to. MEW is already a good wallet to stick with, I have my 12 tokens there so far. They are the token I kept for long term.
joni727397sri

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:00:19 PM

MEW is just for a wallet that can contain all tokens that use ETH platform .. so the scam or not it depends devnya mau lanjutin projectnya or abandoned just like that ... usually airdrop a lot of scam ... and the problem if already in the wallet can enter the market or not the same as the previous ane answer ... depends on the dev / team ... so even though the token in Wallet MEW will not guarantee that the token will succeed ... because creating your own token and then entering yourself into MEW also almost can be done all people ... that's hard to make the project so successful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: