Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W  (Read 18849 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:26:32 PM

Bitmain or Bailkal might have been mining with some machines on CN in the last month - but the hashrate before that does NOT support any sort of a "mass deployment" of ASIC having happened by ANYONE.

200k Vega sales would account for most of the CN hashrate growth between November and early Febuary, when the DIP in hashrate happened, and there are reports of a MASSIVE botnet deployment that also happened sometime late last year or early this year.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sylabis

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:17:02 AM

Bitmain or Bailkal might have been mining with some machines on CN in the last month - but the hashrate before that does NOT support any sort of a "mass deployment" of ASIC having happened by ANYONE.

200k Vega sales would account for most of the CN hashrate growth between November and early Febuary, when the DIP in hashrate happened, and there are reports of a MASSIVE botnet deployment that also happened sometime late last year or early this year.

Crytonight ASIC miners would have been running since last year. The whole botnet thing was a "false flag".   200k Vega? where did that number come from?

Let's assume 200k VEGA were solely on XMR, then that would only account for up to 400 mh/s.  The XMR network went from low 200s in November 2017( After the first batches of VEGA were shipped), to over 1gh/s in Feb 2018.

How does VEGA account for most of that? 
Psychobitch

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 07:23:05 AM
Merited by mindrust (1)

1. Bitmain has been running the X3, probably 3-4 months ago, just take a look at the hash-rate spike.
2. Bitmain have been selling XMR them for bitcoin and then selling of the bitcoins to fill theirs and roger pockets, fund their operation and Bcash project.
3. Bitmain is selling of their Bcash as idiots buy in.
4. Bitmain bcash serves no purpose except to buy more of their company used or refurbished antminers
5. Bitmain is harvesting and transferring the wealth of other alt coins for their own cockamamie scheme
6. Bitmain did the same thing to Litecoin,Dash,Dodge etc and now it's Monero.
7. Bitmain is the whole reason why the prices are what it is today.
8. Bitmain steals the work,vision of others and claim it's theirs.
9. Bitmain fans here are probably those who already spend $11,999 on a X3,  Cheesy
10. Bitmain operates in China, one of the first few country that claim a ban on crypto but yet they are still operating.  Roll Eyes
11. Bitmain like most China companies have poor business ethics, low quality controlled products, poor after sales service.
12. Bitmain is now a billion dollar industry which have some sort of scheme with the Chinese governments.
13. Bitmain A3 & D3 devices are a good example why you should not buy their products
14. Bitmain only weakness is demand, the supply will stop when the demand stops.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:25:58 AM

This sets a SCARIER precedence assuming monero succeeds btw.

In future, will coin devs fork the moment a new asic appears??

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:12:28 AM

1. Bitmain has been running the X3, probably 3-4 months ago, just take a look at the hash-rate spike.
2. Bitmain have been selling XMR them for bitcoin and then selling of the bitcoins to fill theirs and roger pockets, fund their operation and Bcash project.
4. Bitmain bcash serves no purpose except to buy more of their company used or refurbished antminers
5. Bitmain is harvesting and transferring the wealth of other alt coins for their own cockamamie scheme
9. Bitmain fans here are probably those who already spend $11,999 on a X3,  Cheesy
10. Bitmain operates in China, one of the first few country that claim a ban on crypto but yet they are still operating.  Roll Eyes
11. Bitmain like most China companies have poor business ethics, low quality controlled products, poor after sales service.
12. Bitmain is now a billion dollar industry which have some sort of scheme with the Chinese governments.
13. Bitmain A3 & D3 devices are a good example why you should not buy their products
14. Bitmain only weakness is demand, the supply will stop when the demand stops.

Dispite this they have offered refunds on the x3. Could you imagine innosilicon and ibelink offering refunds for anything they sold at crazy prices last year. I think a lot of people were surprised bitmain did this.

comby
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:36:05 AM

thats not only bitmain running those ASICs, so does baikal or halong.

Fluffyponny (monero) said that ASICs are NOT for public, as we see, they have been mining monero for months now without anyone would know about that
fuckfbi

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:46:14 AM

This is...intriguing. If BTC goes back up in the next day or two I may be down to give one of these a shot.

And you dont see theres a big chance this is a scam site?HuhHuh? rofl
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:05:53 PM

This is...intriguing. If BTC goes back up in the next day or two I may be down to give one of these a shot.

In the Bitcoin Speculation section, Philipma1957 is waiting for his demo Dragonmint 16T model, and there are several indications that Halong Mining is a legitimate site. Most people there, including me, have essentially concluded that Halong should be considered legit. MyRig (a legitimate and reputable hosting and miner repair site) partnered with Halong and if you take a look at their Twitter site you'll find they have several images of Dragonmint Miners there. https://twitter.com/myrig_com?lang=en
jockserbrown

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:16:59 PM

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201803162235598599JzqU03h0693
Kiehls

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:20:36 PM

is this really profitable? how much could i get in month?
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:29:18 PM

is this really profitable? how much could i get in month?

550W of heat every hour.

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
fuckfbi

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:29:58 PM

In the Bitcoin Speculation section, Philipma1957 is waiting for his demo Dragonmint 16T model, and there are several indications that Halong Mining is a legitimate site. Most people there, including me, have essentially concluded that Halong should be considered legit. MyRig (a legitimate and reputable hosting and miner repair site) partnered with Halong and if you take a look at their Twitter site you'll find they have several images of Dragonmint Miners there. https://twitter.com/myrig_com?lang=en

We will see.
Mark Baum

Activity: 51
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:33:48 PM

Seems like everyone is missing the point entirely. This macro situation in Crypto Mining is, that it's on it's death bed. People clamoring for "competition to Bitmain " are getting their wish. One needs to look closely at what happened in the X11 network, and extrapolate that out to all Algos. D3 was and is the Harbinger of where mining profits are going. There are NO barriers to mining to speak of and MASSIVE corporations are setting up MASSIVE operations all over the world. Hence, prices are going DOWN on Crypto and difficulties are going UP. This is only the beginning of the end. No, BTC is not going up again until full implementation of lightning network. Right now there is very little "use case" for BTC. Maybe enough to support $1200 BTC but NOT $7000. Enjoy it while you can, because I promise you. There is a MAJOR SHAKEOUT coming in ALL THINGS mining. This thing got waaaay ahead of itself and there are far too many stunned morons running massive mining operations. I've never made a single wrong prediction in this space and I'm not about to start now. Within 6 months to 1 year, it will be Game, Set, Match. ( unless lightning network comes online and allows this thing to scale). Blame whoever you want but truth be told, if Bitmain didn't flood the networks, someone else would have.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:38:00 PM

9. Bitmain fans here are probably those who already spend $11,999 on a X3,  Cheesy
10. Bitmain operates in China, one of the first few country that claim a ban on crypto but yet they are still operating.  Roll Eyes

Dispite this they have offered refunds on the x3. Could you imagine innosilicon and ibelink offering refunds for anything they sold at crazy prices last year. I think a lot of people were surprised bitmain did this.

Agreed. I doubt innosilicon would considering what i have read about them in the dash thread. I wish bitmain would stop selling D3s though, sigh.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:45:34 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 02:31:06 PM by Sandal_Hat

Seems like everyone is missing the point entirely. This macro situation in Crypto Mining is, that it's on it's death bed. People clamoring for "competition to Bitmain " are getting their wish. One needs to look closely at what happened in the X11 network, and extrapolate that out to all Algos. D3 was and is the Harbinger of where mining profits are going. There are NO barriers to mining to speak of and MASSIVE corporations are setting up MASSIVE operations all over the world. Hence, prices are going DOWN on Crypto and difficulties are going UP. This is only the beginning of the end. No, BTC is not going up again until full implementation of lightning network. Right now there is very little "use case" for BTC. Maybe enough to support $1200 BTC but NOT $7000. Enjoy it while you can, because I promise you. There is a MAJOR SHAKEOUT coming in ALL THINGS mining. This thing got waaaay ahead of itself and there are far too many stunned morons running massive mining operations. I've never made a single wrong prediction in this space and I'm not about to start now. Within 6 months to 1 year, it will be Game, Set, Match. ( unless lightning network comes online and allows this thing to scale). Blame whoever you want but truth be told, if Bitmain didn't flood the networks, someone else would have.

That is why I say competition is stupid. There are only so many coins being released every 10 mins. More asic manufacturers means more competition and that means higher difficulty and less profits for miners and far biggest risks. See wat happen with X11, dash miners by bitmain, innosilicon and pinidea? They 3 of them flooded the market and, miners lose. The antminer S9 ruled btc algo for a long time and early users of it make money. Miners make more money when bitmain has a monopoly over the coin. The worst risk is when a new miner from an asic manufacturer makes other miner obsolete.

I dont agree with the rest of the things u say though.

Mark Baum

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

That is why I say competition is stupid. There are only so many coins being released every 10 mins. More asic manufacturers means more competition and that means higher difficulty and less profits for miners and far biggest risks. See wat happen with X11, dash miners by bitmain, innosilicon and pinidea? They 3 of them flooded the market an miners lose. The antminer S9 ruled btc algo for a long time and early users of it make money. Miners make more money when bitmain has a monopoly over the coin. The worst risk is when a new miner from an asic manufacturer makes other miner obsolete.

I dont agree with the rest of the things u say though.
I don't blame you Sandal. It's not a pretty picture. But if you read through what you wrote, you're actually supporting everything I said with more anecdotal evidence. It took longer to swamp the SHA256 algo, but it IS being swamped. Even that monster can only take so much. Especially with a 70% drop in coin price.
waiztarno

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:58:09 PM

when they ship batch 4 ,it will take 900 kh/s to make 1 monero
nayes84

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

monero should change algo every six months.
ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:01:35 PM

I just leave it here Smiley

https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html

I wish the BTC had a balls to make such a move like they did! But I do fear that BTC core team and huge industrial miners make love under the hood Tongue Welcome to BTC-CARTEL
Mark Baum

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:45:19 PM

I just leave it here Smiley

https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html

I wish the BTC had a balls to make such a move like they did! But I do fear that BTC core team and huge industrial miners make love under the hood Tongue Welcome to BTC-CARTEL
That is absolutely beautiful. Standing ovation for Monero.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: