Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W  (Read 18851 times)
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:13:30 PM

So now that the auction has passed... Smiley

Any suggestions as to a good BCN pool?

I'm using Fairhash, they opened some ASIC specific pools for the ETN fork. I liked them for ETN and they're pretty good for BCN so far. Getting about 300kh/s poolside for 310-15 on my panel. I'm good with that.

I need a payment ID and not every exchange provides that... what exchange are you using?

I use a wallet. I never mine directly to an exchange, I don't trust them.

Check the official site. They run a web wallet too. I use the ETN web wallet, seems to run smoothly enough, but for BCN I have a wallet from way back when I first learned to mine. Here's a link to both:

https://bytecoin.org/downloads
greyday

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:15:46 PM

I looked at Tesla when it was $20.00. Never pulled the trigger. Sad

I mined etn using fairhash and overclocked only to 475hz. My rate was almost always 276 Kh/s. I think it was at 150 MH at the time, didn't pay to close attention. I was doing around $28. a day. Now I'm experimenting with BCN from the UK. It's a pool that will share in the block if you find it. Already happened today. Both are low price coins so nothing earth shattering.  thx for the info.

I bought around $15 and sold around $30 because I needed the money for rent. Literally like a WEEK later it jumped to $150. Live and learn.

I've since bought back in at various amounts at low points, but yeah, it's one of the few investing mistakes I'm kicking myself over.
greyday

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:37:53 PM

I mined etn using fairhash and overclocked only to 475hz. My rate was almost always 276 Kh/s. I think it was at 150 MH at the time, didn't pay to close attention. I was doing around $28. a day. Now I'm experimenting with BCN from the UK. It's a pool that will share in the block if you find it. Already happened today. Both are low price coins so nothing earth shattering.  thx for the info.

Was that rate on the X3 dashboard or the mining pool website?

Also, a great site to use to get a decent (note: not exact) estimate of your earnings:

www.whattomine.com

Click the ASIC tab at the top and select the CryptoNight algo (it'll be the last one, second row). It is preset to stock hashrate and power consumption, you can enter whatever you want there and hit enter. If all the algos are highlighted, you'll need to turn off each one manually (click the algo name), if none are then just click the CryptoNight one...
ant958

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:51:47 AM

For the Bytecoin UK site that I'm using it's 139.8 MH/s for the Pool, and 367.5 MH/s for the network hash rate. From here-->  https://bytecoin.uk/#
greyday

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:11:11 AM

For the Bytecoin UK site that I'm using it's 139.8 MH/s for the Pool, and 367.5 MH/s for the network hash rate. From here-->  https://bytecoin.uk/#

Neither of those are your hashrate, both of those are specific to the pool/network. Your hashrate is below, in the section below where you enter your address and see your payouts and stuff.
ant958

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:08:40 AM

For the Bytecoin UK site that I'm using it's 139.8 MH/s for the Pool, and 367.5 MH/s for the network hash rate. From here-->  https://bytecoin.uk/#

Neither of those are your hashrate, both of those are specific to the pool/network. Your hashrate is below, in the section below where you enter your address and see your payouts and stuff.
Yes, my own Hash is 276 Kh/s.

I just started experimenting with DERO. My rate there is 300Kh/s with diff set at 6,000,000  The miner reports 274Kh/s while the dero web page reports my rate @ 420Kh/s
abdullaziz.said

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:00:05 AM

For the Bytecoin UK site that I'm using it's 139.8 MH/s for the Pool, and 367.5 MH/s for the network hash rate. From here-->  https://bytecoin.uk/#

I just started experimenting with DERO. My rate there is 300Kh/s with diff set at 6,000,000  The miner reports 274Kh/s while the dero web page reports my rate @ 420Kh/s

can you give me pool link and how did you link it to antMiner X3
ant958

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:38:20 PM

can you give me pool link and how did you link it to antMiner X3

https://sajostwistedtech.wordpress.com/2018/01/26/get-started-dero/
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:17:07 PM

Sorry, but Marvell2 is most likely going to be proven right. Ignoring the tiniest of altcoins, those that still run stock CN or CN-Lite and their current network hashrate are:

Electroneum  ETN       1900MH/s
Dero             DERO      500MH/s
ByteCoin       BCN       170MH/s
Aeon            AEON      112MH/s
Karbo            KRB        62MH/s
Bitsum          BSM      16.4MH/s
LeviarCoin     XLC        7.5MH/s
DinastyCoin   DCY        6.5MH/s
Ultranote       XUN        2.7MH/s
BalkanCoin    BKC        2.3MH/s
BitCoal          COAL      1.4MH/s
CrepCoin       CREP       0.1MH/s

If all the hashrate for ETN gets divided among the remaining coins in the same ratio then 56.7% of the 1900MH/s will go to DERO, 19.3% will go to BCN, 12.7% will go to AEON, etc... That's around 1100MH/s going to DERO, which will basically triple its network hashrate and cause profitability to fall by the same ratio; instead of earning ~8.5 DERO per day (worth $22US) that will drop to around 2.8 DERO/day (worth about $7.35US).

~snip

Doubtful at best. At 330 Kh/s rate. I'm doing just fine, He was spot OFF!

It took a day after ETN forked, but DERO is now up to ~1400MH/s - much as I predicted - and an X3 went from making $20US/day to $10US/day overnight. Oh, theoretically you can still make $19US/day mining Bitsum, but good luck dumping those coins for anywhere close to what the calculators predict.

And FYI, I don't have a problem with ASICs - I'd actually prefer to use them - but what I do have a problem with are the shady practices of the ASIC manufacturers, who, btw, are conveniently shielded from US law by all being located in China or former Soviet-bloc countries. It is no secret that ASIC miner manufacturers do "extensive pre-release testing" of their products and only deign to sell them to the public either when they have been found out or they've developed an even faster version. I mean, did you not notice that Baikal first released a 20kH/s miner, only to follow it up a few weeks later with a 40kH/s version and, finally, a 240kH/s model? Frankly, it's *you* that should be pissed right now, especially if you paid $12k US for the X3.

To paraphrase South Park, "dey terk yur coinz."

ant958

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:43:30 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 05:19:52 PM by ant958

Sorry, but Marvell2 is most likely going to be proven right. Ignoring the tiniest of altcoins, those that still run stock CN or CN-Lite and their current network hashrate are:

Electroneum  ETN       1900MH/s
Dero             DERO      500MH/s
ByteCoin       BCN       170MH/s
Aeon            AEON      112MH/s
Karbo            KRB        62MH/s
Bitsum          BSM      16.4MH/s
LeviarCoin     XLC        7.5MH/s
DinastyCoin   DCY        6.5MH/s
Ultranote       XUN        2.7MH/s
BalkanCoin    BKC        2.3MH/s
BitCoal          COAL      1.4MH/s
CrepCoin       CREP       0.1MH/s

If all the hashrate for ETN gets divided among the remaining coins in the same ratio then 56.7% of the 1900MH/s will go to DERO, 19.3% will go to BCN, 12.7% will go to AEON, etc... That's around 1100MH/s going to DERO, which will basically triple its network hashrate and cause profitability to fall by the same ratio; instead of earning ~8.5 DERO per day (worth $22US) that will drop to around 2.8 DERO/day (worth about $7.35US).

~snip

Doubtful at best. At 330 Kh/s rate. I'm doing just fine, He was spot OFF!

It took a day after ETN forked, but DERO is now up to ~1400MH/s - much as I predicted - and an X3 went from making $20US/day to $10US/day overnight. Oh, theoretically you can still make $19US/day mining Bitsum, but good luck dumping those coins for anywhere close to what the calculators predict.

And FYI, I don't have a problem with ASICs - I'd actually prefer to use them - but what I do have a problem with are the shady practices of the ASIC manufacturers, who, btw, are conveniently shielded from US law by all being located in China or former Soviet-bloc countries. It is no secret that ASIC miner manufacturers do "extensive pre-release testing" of their products and only deign to sell them to the public either when they have been found out or they've developed an even faster version. I mean, did you not notice that Baikal first released a 20kH/s miner, only to follow it up a few weeks later with a 40kH/s version and, finally, a 240kH/s model? Frankly, it's *you* that should be pissed right now, especially if you paid $12k US for the X3.

Not sure where you see 1400, but the live page shows 1.07Gh/s for the network and 4.56 Mh/s for the pool, I paid but a fraction for mine, might have taken your's but NOT MINE!
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:29:29 PM

you can say what you want, but its a fact that coins compatible to asics getting rare. current hashrate splits over the left coins & dont forget that more and more asics join the game day by day. => decreasing profit day by day
i would bet my balls no x3 buyer will get a roi

SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:39:37 PM

Here are a few alternatives now for you to mine with X3.

Bytecoin BCN

URL: stratum+tcp://bcn.superpools.online:9999
Worker: your wallet address (optionally .DIFF+PaymentID for exchange)
Pawword: x

DigitalNote XDN

URL: stratum+tcp://xdn.superpools.online:9999

Newton NCP

URL: stratum+tcp://ncp.superpools.online:9999

B2b

URL: stratum+tcp://b2b.superpools.online:9999

Karbo KRB

URL: stratum+tcp://krb.superpools.online:9999

I was stolen by this pool... and atm there are 15 miners connected to this fraud
ant958

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:49:38 PM

you can say what you want, but its a fact that coins compatible to asics getting rare. current hashrate splits over the left coins & dont forget that more and more asics join the game day by day. => decreasing profit day by day
OLD news, that happened with monero fork. gpu's must be up to 1.75 these days huh?
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:52:30 PM

OLD news, that happened with monero fork. gpu's must be up to 1.75 these days huh?

im doing 3-4$ / vega depending on if i mine speculative or sell directly...the difference is i can switch my rig on any coin. you will have soon only some shitcoins left

btw dero is planing to fork too next weeks

ant958

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:07:48 PM

im doing 3-4$ / vega depending on if i mine speculative or sell directly...the difference is i can switch my rig on any coin. you will have soon only some shitcoins left

btw dero is planing to fork too next weeks

Again,, OLD news! Vega IS a shit coin. You can switch shit and mine .0000001 coins that have zero market. That's the difference.
greyday

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:37:05 PM

Nobody ended up paying $12K for an X3, they were refunded. We've had this conversation.
greyday

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:39:30 PM

You're again off on your math, though. A single gpu may do $1.75, but at a fraction of the cost, both upfront and electrical. Nobody earning $1.75 on a gpu they've been mining with for even six months is complaining about anything, trust me.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:39:48 AM

Hello! There are financial risks with the crepto-currency prey. Races are associated with the course of coins. And in the algorithm used to create currencies.
greyday

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:26:34 AM

Big markup = big profits. Would probably be < $100/day by delivery. This has to be the riskiest ASIC offering to date. Shall we flip a coin before ordering?

Huh?
rjenkin

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:47:44 AM

With the ETN fork I was wondering what is the best coin people are mining right now? Whattomine and Coinwarz only show a few coins with max say $12 per day but if you look on Nicehash at the Cryptonight pool it's paying $22 a day for the same hashrate (320khash). That tells me people are mining another cryptonight (old not v7) coin that's more profitable than $22 a day. Unfortunately X3 isn't compatible with Nicehash. I was wondering if anyone had found what that coin or coins were? I've struggled Googling around to find the best one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: