Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:25:20 AM

How about the people who paid in bitcoin? If Alpha is prosecuted, then everyone, regardless of payment method should get their full refund. However I understand if the refund will be in fiat even if you paid in bitcoin. Would be nice to get refunded in bitcoin tho.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:04:37 AM

Now it's Brexit's fault our miners were not delivered years ago....or something

Greetings Miners!

Company Update

yada yada yada

fluff fluff fluff

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

they're going to say that they finally have a 250Mhz miner and it only consumes 400 watts... you just need to pay $3000 for it.

and they'll send us an L3  ..  Roll Eyes

I don't see a plug for more money.

that was sarcasm.

But i agree with you 100% on why they keep trickling out worthless info.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:24:07 AM

How about the people who paid in bitcoin? If Alpha is prosecuted, then everyone, regardless of payment method should get their full refund. However I understand if the refund will be in fiat even if you paid in bitcoin. Would be nice to get refunded in bitcoin tho.
Forget a refund, the money is gone. PayPal will not assist you after so many months. Sorry but its the sad trued.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
alexfgT

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:20:56 PM

I paid through bitpay, I have all receipts. I am ready to provide all the proof of payment if it is necessary that these be planted .
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:27:45 AM

January 2017 3 years later and they are still working on power design OMFG.

Even Butterfly Labs had an actual product.
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 06:07:30 AM

Looks like Alpha is claiming to be a few hundred thousand in the hole according to their latest filing

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08483921/filing-history

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Looks like Alpha is claiming to be a few hundred thousand in the hole according to their latest filing

soon (tm bfl) in two weeks (tm bfl) to the moon (paycoin gaw)

alpha (we regret not getting ) tm alpha

they are simply playing this out to keep the British authorities at bay at this point in time......eventually their lawyers will say
they played this out enough (2-3yrs) and can claim bankruptcy then and cry and claim it was not a scam etc etc

only reason this farce is still ongoing in my view...or they would have pulled the plug and gone bankrupt 2 years ago

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

...eventually their lawyers will say they played this out enough (2-3yrs) and can claim bankruptcy then and cry and claim it was not a scam etc etc

from what i understand... they are lawyers.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:12:24 PM

...eventually their lawyers will say they played this out enough (2-3yrs) and can claim bankruptcy then and cry and claim it was not a scam etc etc

ACK! Makes sense though on why they are in their words ...planning to release something.  Or so the
Scam goes to keep the authorities away. Only reason that makes a lick of sense.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:17:10 PM

Not lawyers, accountants. Well, one of them is.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:43:26 PM

Not lawyers, accountants. Well, one of them is.

They look like something else.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
investedge

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:48:06 AM

Over clocking to 300 MH goes that high .if ever get the cash for one I'll leave it at 230 mh and try to buy a second one later on ....i would think if you could over clock it to 460 that might make it 800 watts but i guess not and might be better off with two L3s with no over clocking.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:52:21 AM

Over clocking to 300 MH goes that high .if ever get the cash for one I'll leave it at 230 mh and try to buy a second one later on ....i would think if you could over clock it to 460 that might make it 800 watts but i guess not and might be better off with two L3s with no over clocking.

heh..I think you posted on the 'wrong forum' this product never existed since 2014 it is/was a scam...

hope you did not send any money to them.. Smiley

linenoise

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:23:38 AM

The alpha miner has no overheating problem... since it doesn't exist
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 01:44:58 AM

So was there ever a class action lawsuit or something against Alpha? I paid ten thousand dollars for nothing.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:22:48 AM

So was there ever a class action lawsuit or something against Alpha? I paid ten thousand dollars for nothing.

NOPE...never went anywhere...every few months Alpha annouces 'progress' on their announced 2014 scrypt miner...January 2014 if I remeber right...they
do so imho to keep the 'law' away...(see law enforcement we still plan to ship the miners...but had setbacks)

probably will run this out till a full bankruptcy and point to the fact they 'tried' 4 years to make it work...so sorry your honor the judge....

so they are gonna get a pass on this scam it seems under English law. Anyway how it looks to me. I got a refund of like 750 usd due to them LYING
on the amex dispute way after the fact (6 months) after losing the 1st dispute....I pointed out the bill they sent amex said PAID IN FULL for the whole
miner and it was 1/3 down only ..amex was not amused and got the money..but it was a fluke...

Sorry for your loss thou Sad

linenoise

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 05:09:54 AM

I haven't seen any reports of anyone getting their money lately. A number of people won, got refunds, and then it appears alpha's bank accounts started being empty.

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

I haven't seen any reports of anyone getting their money lately. A number of people won, got refunds, and then it appears alpha's bank accounts started being empty.

Where can we sue them I also pay for one miner and didnt get  nothing'!

Anyone have some insiders info?

It's all in this thread.  Someone at one point set up a website, referenced here also.  Problem is going to be time elapsed, although I guess you could argue that this is further evidence that you should get your money back.  All that assumes also that there is any money still there, so you might have to go after these guys personally.

Anyhow, dig through the thread.

I'll go through my old posts to see what I can find, as I did successfully get my money back and at one point posted how I did that.  If I can find it, i'll repost...
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:36:50 PM

See here

http://fightalpha.net
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:47:49 PM

Here's what I posted way back in 2014.  Obviously it's dated somewhat....

I've put together the following rundown on how I went about getting my money back.  I hope it helps those of you looking to do the same, be that through your CC company, PayPal, or the court system.

*Disclaimer*  **I'm not a lawyer and this is not to be construed as legal advice.  I make no representation as to the accuracy of any of this information, or the likely outcome of any action you decide to pursue.  If you feel you need legal advice and/or representation, you should consult an attorney before proceeding further **

I obviously pointed out the DSR and quoted the following:

“Under the DSRs, a customer’s right to cancel is unconditional.
If customers cancel before they have received the goods, you must refund the total price of the goods, including any delivery charges.
If they cancel, they can refuse to accept delivery of the goods. This cannot be treated as a breach of contract.”
I obviously cited the DSR and quoted the following: 

DSR is here:  http://dshub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/dsrexplained

I stated that Alpha was not denying that this law would apply to consumers, but rather was trying to recategorize their customers as businesses rather than consumers and offered their own e-mail dated July 28 to back that up.

I stated that I was not a business and also that no representation was made by Alpha prior to sale that these sales would be treated as sales to a business.  I had stated this repeatedly to Alpha in e-mails and offered those also as supporting evidence.  Further to that I pointed out that the tax brief they repeatedly cite was issued AFTER my purchase and that it clearly states that it is for tax purposes only:

They site the following link themselves in an e-mail dated July 28:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm

“The tax treatments outlined in this brief are for tax purposes only. They in no way reflect on the treatment of cryptocurrencies for regulatory or other purposes.

Given the evolutionary nature of these cryptocurrencies, HMRC will issue further guidance as appropriate.

Issued 3 March 2014”

What I also cited, which may be new to some people, is the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, which prohibits material omissions of fact, among other things.  This omission of intent to categorize this as a B2B sale prior to sale, IMO, is a material fact that was not disclosed prior to sale.  Alpha T is in violation of several things in this law.  I would recommend anyone trying to get a refund read that entire thing, there is plenty in there that can be used.

It is located here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2008/9780110811574/regulation/6

Nice job also to whoever has the sites fightalpha.net and http://www.abunchacrap.com/Alpha01052014/atindex.html .  There is a ton of good info on them in terms of statements on delivery dates, some of the notices they sent out etc, that can be used to construct your supporting documentation if you haven't kept the e-mails and other stuff that came out. 

For those that need to file via the courts, even from outside the UK see this site:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
Welcome to Money Claim Online

Money Claim Online (MCOL) is HM Courts & Tribunals Service Internet based service for claimants and defendants.
Money Claim Online is a convenient and secure way of making or responding to a money claim on the internet.

Please note, if you are outside the UK:

for those who are not in the UK and are considering using Money claim online you will need a service address. This is an address in the UK where mail is sent, then forwarded on to you. Here is one such company, I have never used them so check them out yourselves but they do forward mail internationally and accept personal as well as business customers.  There may be other services as well

http://www.cityaddress.co.uk/index.html

So, review the resources above, INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THEM FOR YOURSELF put together your materials in an organized fashion and file through your CC company, PayPal or the court system, depending on your situation, and if you decide to pursue this further.  For the items you cite, cite their own e-mails to back them up or relevant law from the DSR or  Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.  Just make sure you offer supporting evidence for any point you make AND THAT YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED IT.

It is also important, I think, to cite evidence that they were trying to paste this “you are a business” tag on people, as I think it shows bad faith.  They did send this claim out in an e-mail, dated July 28th in which they both state this and cite that tax brief, which was dated after many sales were made.

For people that want to wait until after they miss their Q3 target date, which may be important as initially by credit card company asked what the date was and wanted to wait until after it had passed to start a claim, use the information on the websites people put up to cite that delivery date and possibly this article, in which Mubasher is dancing on the July 31 date, but is citing the end of Q3.  He is also citing these as business purchases in the article and Coindesk is citing the fact that the tax brief was issued after the sale of the devices.  Bottom line, read the article and decide if you want to include it:

http://www.coindesk.com/alpha-technology-blames-paypal-dispute-bitcoin-asic-delivery-delay/

If it's through a Credit Card company or PayPal and they are giving you a hard time about the timeframe, simply point out that, yes, it's been after 45 days or whatever, however the breach of consumer law happened after that 45 day period and still before delivery.  As far as I know they didn't start making this claim of "these are business purchases" until well after 45 days after purchase time, but I haven't looked up the exact time-frame they started using that argument.

I would also recommend going to your CC company first.  I've run across material on PayPal that they will try to argue for the vendor, with whom their interest lies, so go to the CC company first if possible.  If you have to deal with PayPal, go for it.  I've seen some people argue successfully there also.

You may have to be persistent with the CC company or PayPal, who may want to simply blow this off as outside the 45 day window.   Make sure you are ready for that first phone conversation.  Get your stuff together and be prepared to have a conversation presenting your case before you make that first phone call, as if you're not prepared you might get kicked to the curb and up locked out of those avenues.

Also be aware that this is going out in a public fashion, so our friends at Alpha may well be reading this.  Be ready to offer more if you can, in the event that they are able to fabricate some actual argument to any of this.  I don't see how they can, but that's what lawyers are for and I have not doubt they're talking to their legal people at this point.

*Disclaimer*  **I'm not a lawyer and this is not to be construed as legal advice.  I make no representation as to the accuracy of any of this information, or the likely outcome of any action you decide to pursue.  If you feel you need legal advice and/or representation, you should consult an attorney before proceeding further **

Hope it works out for you if you decide to pursue a refund. 

Good Luck everyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: