Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
^CJ^

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:35:16 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 07:48:57 PM by ^CJ^

Interesting.........

Mohammed Akram terminated his directorship of Alpha on the 29th of December, then reissued it as Mohammed Jafar Akram , using Alpha's company address as his home address. Looking at the history of this company They have only been around as Alpha since 22nd July.
The company director has changed his name 3 times, Mohammed Akram, Mohammed Jafar Akram, Mohammed Mubasher Akram. Its moved addresses twice and asked to be stuck off. https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/Company/AllDocuments/alpha-technology-(int)

That's some shady shit.

such scam. wow.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dbzenhosting

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:40:57 PM

Way too many red flags here. I was going to buy but it is definitely looking bad. I rather keep my $3,000 USD. I advise others not to give them your hard earned cash to this company. If you want to scrypt mine, slowly get more GPUs. You are 100% risk fee because you will have the physical hardware and can sell any time.
strideknight

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:52:03 PM

I don't understand why anyone pre-ordered... did anyone actually read the technical papers they posted? https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Scrypt_ASIC_Prototyping_Design_Document.pdf

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to the last page, it says right there that their two projected speeds for their two models are 510KH/s and 2 MH/s.  NOT 5MH/s and 25MH/s.  So worst case scenario you're getting scammed, best case scenario you're getting less than 1/10th what you paid for...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:16:03 PM

I don't understand why anyone pre-ordered... did anyone actually read the technical papers they posted? https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Scrypt_ASIC_Prototyping_Design_Document.pdf

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to the last page, it says right there that their two projected speeds for their two models are 510KH/s and 2 MH/s.  NOT 5MH/s and 25MH/s.  So worst case scenario you're getting scammed, best case scenario you're getting less than 1/10th what you paid for...

I believe you are looking at the hash rate for one chip, each running 128 cores at 600MHz which puts out 510KH/s. (1/2 MH/s)
Each chip is using up 5 watts, they state 100 watts for the 5MH/s Viper Miner, so that probably means it has 20 chips (100 watts).
510KH/s X 20 = 10,200 KH/s. That is 2X the stated amount of 5MH/s so I must have done something wrong! As that is too much.
Perhaps it just has 10 chips but the watts would be half the said 10 and I'm not sure where we could use the other 50???

Here is the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69P2RHG2pIA&t=02m28s

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:55:00 PM

Anyway, I ordered a 5MH today. If all goes well, it will pay itself after 6 weeks or so. if I get scammed then it's my bad luck. BTC is going up anyway  Undecided

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

I'm not sure if this was asked before. By the time they deliver the units, wouldn't the difficulty rate be at a point which would render the 5mhs or 25mhs you're getting useless?

The asics will not provide and exponential hash rate increase like we've seen with sha-256. In fact GPU's will be able to compete as far as hashing power goes, but the Asic will win on less energy consumption so the electric bill wont be so astronomical.

^-- This is the best reason for these machines. If I can cut down from using 100amps of power and get the same--even more--hashrate.. I'd be super thrilled.

Yeah great at what expense though? That is a hefty price to pay for a cut in the energy bill, upfront, and who knows where the price will be next year.

If I examine it purely from an electric bill standpoint, the unit would pay for itself instantly as soon as it began mining. How could you not see the benefit? Even if the machine only mined at half the estimated speed and took up 1,000watts, it's still ahead of the game. At least for me. I use scryptmining to pay for its electric bill, and to still provide profit. Something like this is a benefit, despite the cost.

You are all assuming that the company will deliver and will stand behind their promises. If they do deliver then yea, you will double your profit because you won't pay astronomical electric bills.

On the other hand but you are paying upfront 2-6 months in advance and that money isn't mining while you wait, meanwhile you could purchase GPUs and start mining, and by the 4 month mark your rig will have paid for itself even with the electric bills.

Keep funding them with your money for a promise that doesn't even have such a good return/risk ratio Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

In a situation like this, you should only risk what is acceptable to lose. Scryptmining has been /very/ lucrative for myself and others, especially among the recent pump/dump coins which have popped up making thousands of BTC.

With that in mind, a 30% BTC upfront preorder isn't that much to risk, and if the company seems to go south.. you're out 30% instead of 100% other companies over the past couple of years have demanded.

All the while, my systems are mining for me.. it's not a loss. It's also not for everyone. ASIC is coming to scrypt, be it through this organization or another, there are 3 different groups working on it. It's coming. It's not a bad deal to take a 30% risk on an unestablished company if you can risk it.

^CJ^

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

With that in mind, a 30% BTC upfront preorder isn't that much to risk, and if the company seems to go south.. you're out 30% instead of 100% other companies over the past couple of years have demanded.

I disagree, they ask for the payment of the remaining 70% 8-10 weeks before shipment, so you'll lose 100% if it's a scam
Pita

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:13:39 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 11:55:15 PM by Pita

I am worried about them being a scammer! Their website definitely lacks persona info on who the people behind the company are, such as names of CEO, founder, owner, etc and potential pictures of those personas. Also doing a google search on them, they did change company names 4 times and director names changed 3 times. They used to be originally an accounting firm and now an engineering firm. Overall it looks like there is only one person behind Alpha Technologies, and that is mainly and only Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively. The address also changed by two number, which could have been just a typo in registry or something else.
Googling the address on their website will give you a different location of the store, which is house number 78 by the way (just fyi for googles non accuracy of location).

This could only go 50/50. Either they are a true startup company in a new industry or they are well prepared for a scam and use Dexcel Designs as a way to look legit, even when the contract between the two is legit. They may be scammed themselves down the road or get some kind of R&D fee but never produce the final product for shipment.

Just beware and do it on your own risk of course but be cautious.

It would be nice if Alpha Technologies is truly legit, they would show their faces and show proof of who they are, where they work (environment) and give us some hope. A picture alone does not suffice as I could find pictures of anyone on the web and claim to be them. Give us a clear video of the store front, your persona (with actual voice recording of you speaking, giving an intro) and any other employees with your true background and intentions/mission statements so that more people could be convinced that this is more legit.
strideknight

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:16:34 PM

Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively.

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:20:20 PM

Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively.

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.

Like you say it's common amongst some cultures to share the same name. Not surprised by this at all. Father and two sons quite feasibly.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:30:38 PM

I disagree, they ask for the payment of the remaining 70% 8-10 weeks before shipment, so you'll lose 100% if it's a scam

Odds are in favor of it being known a scam prior to that point. That's a 2 month window vs the 6-9 month time from now. Also, going back to 'risk what you can lose'.

To those talking about the website and company names, KNC had a far crappier website and no english language ability, and the person signing their emails changed constantly the first few months.

Yeah it can go south, but this is one of 3 'major' roads to Rome right now, and the first to have ties with an engineering firm.

I would say don't go buy BTC or put fiat into this, but if you have coins you can exchange out to pay for it like I am, then do so.

Pita

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:38:32 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 10:59:57 PM by Pita

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.

Like you say it's common amongst some cultures to share the same name. Not surprised by this at all. Father and two sons quite feasibly.

Can't rule out father and sons perhaps, but odd to change director positions within a month or so between father and each son. But either way, if they came out publicly and presented themselves in persona, maybe a lot could be cleared up?!
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:54:18 PM

Cam't rule out father and sons perhaps, but odd to change director positions within a month or so between father and each son. But either way, if they came out publicly and presented themselves in persona, maybe a lot could be cleared up?!

If I read it right the father resigned as director and one of the other sons joined as financial director. From what I understand Alpha-T was setup off the back of an accountant firms which one of them was already involved in (can't remember the finer detail). so it may work out better this way (at least from a tax perspective) to organise their business in this manner.

Pita

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:04:41 PM

Cam't rule out father and sons perhaps, but odd to change director positions within a month or so between father and each son. But either way, if they came out publicly and presented themselves in persona, maybe a lot could be cleared up?!

If I read it right the father resigned as director and one of the other sons joined as financial director. From what I understand Alpha-T was setup off the back of an accountant firms which one of them was already involved in (can't remember the finer detail). so it may work out better this way (at least from a tax perspective) to organise their business in this manner.

I guess from the tax perspective it works with listed capital at 100 GBP. Smiley My ex father in law accountant done a similar thing on his properties...
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:10:04 PM

Here's Google Maps Streetview:

https://www.google.be/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-2.219968!3d53.452256!2m2!1f170.34!2f83.43!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1sLMPfryFnak8qKHBjQp7P_g!2e0!9m1!6sA6010!5m2!1sLMPfryFnak8qKHBjQp7P_g!2e0&fid=5

Before the billboard got added Smiley

Notice the name of the shop next door

'M Akram & Co Certified Accountants'

Maybe the Akrams have lived here for a while.

Does that make them more or less trustworthy?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:13:16 PM

The company just emailed me back regarding the addresses and names:

We own both buildings 64 Dickenson Road is our Accountancy firm. You can google this.

It is a family run business, first name Mohammed is common, middle names are different.

Wilson1973 - Looks like you were right.

Now, I doubt it is a multi year in the making Family scam! LOL

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

I would love to hear clarifications about the issues mentioned above.

I do want to buy such hardware, but I'll wait untill I've got more proof that this organisation is legit and that the hardware is actually working. A handmade video on these hardware working correctly would be great.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:54:39 PM

We own both buildings 64 Dickenson Road is our Accountancy firm. You can google this.

It is a family run business, first name Mohammed is common, middle names are different.

So let me get this straight. They own a dingy accountancy firm in what is possibly the shittiest part of Manchester. A derelict kebab shop and you trust them to run a multi million pound asic company??? Fair enough.

Putting that to one side. How about they clear up the company structure issue and give us some info on who actually owns and runs this thing. Maybe a bit more transparency will calm peoples nerves
Pita

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:57:19 PM

So let me get this straight. They own a dingy accountancy firm in what is possibly the shittiest part of Manchester. A derelict kebab shop and you trust them to run a multi million pound asic company??? Fair enough.

Putting that to one side. How about they clear up the company structure issue and give us some info on who actually owns and runs this thing. Maybe a bit more transparency will calm peoples nerves

I agree, we need more assurance. Even if they were running the accounting firm for a while, there needs to be more transparency for such a risky business.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:04:34 AM

Nope. They also own an accountancy firm. Alpha Technologies was formally Cheshire Technologies. Changed its name 22nd of July 2013. Less than six months ago.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: