Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:40:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Accepting Bitcoins?  (Read 2090 times)
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:45:21 PM

If there's a charity that accepts Bitcoin, then it's safe to assume that the whole World recognised Bitcoin as a currency that can be used as a real Money. then, If I have enough Bitcoin, I will surely donate to that charity or foundation for as long as it's legit and not a scam. Because I believe in the principle, you reap what you sow.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins do you prefer to give some of yours Huh

Me: I will if there is, but for now I don't have yet. Wink

EDITED:

Yeah it a hassle for now.

Another question: But what if there is fiat will be disappear in the future and crypto will conquered the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?
So is this applicable right?

I would, but I have to know if they are legitimately using it for charity. Since transactions in the cryptocurrency market are encrypted and are virtually guarded and private, an entity can just tell you to send them some coins to be used for charity, without you even knowing if it will be really used for that purpose. Therefore, I think it would be more effective to encash it and give it to a legit charity platform, so that, there won't be any confusion as to how the donation will be used.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

Of course I will set aside some bitcoin for charity. Because charity is very important and help fellow human being in need, tidaj care with cash or bitcoin. The important thing is we do charity to help people who need help or other.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:09:33 AM

Usually donors do not like their identities known, I think this is an interesting idea because it makes bitcoin for charity, as we know that bitcoin transactions are very concise and anonymous to the likes of donors.
I don’t think that a donor won’t like to be revealed rather it is a way of becoming famous and earning respect. Who does not want to get respect? After all, donation is indeed a virtuous deed. It is humanity because a person is participating in the betterment of society and giving a shoulder to the needy ones. The main thing is the profits that the organization will earn with time. That would be some real help.
bitcoinsocial09

Activity: 413
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:47:35 PM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins do you prefer to give some of yours Huh

EDITED:

Another question: But what if there is fiat will be disappear in the future and crypto will conquered the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?

Yes it is the best time to buy bitcoin because the opportunity is yours so that grab it now. If you buy or ivest bitcoin now you will earn a lot of profit. To loose the chance because not everyone have it. If you want to be rich you need to take the risk and to be having the bitcoin you need to take it than never.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:10:00 PM

Usually donors do not like their identities known, I think this is an interesting idea because it makes bitcoin for charity, as we know that bitcoin transactions are very concise and anonymous to the likes of donors.
I don’t think that a donor won’t like to be revealed rather it is a way of becoming famous and earning respect. Who does not want to get respect? After all, donation is indeed a virtuous deed. It is humanity because a person is participating in the betterment of society and giving a shoulder to the needy ones. The main thing is the profits that the organization will earn with time. That would be some real help.
I don't think the righteousness of our deeds have to be flaunted, as long as it's done sincerely and wholeheartedly. If I were to help, I prefer not to expose it, better keep it and feel the appreciation or depreciation, in silence, from the people around. It's good to help without expecting something in return. Speaking of charity, it all depends if that said charity accepts Bitcoin, since there's a restriction of its  features, however if it would then I need to make sure that it will be given to the one who mostly needed it, and to trusted people. Also, if I have enough profit and earnings I can donate a part of it.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:47:08 AM

Make sure first that your charity is legal and that all people that you transact with are trustworthy, do not just give away bitcoins since there will always be scammers and phishing sites. I agree in the idea that it is better to give anonymously and with bitcoin we can do it, the same goes with fiat, if you really eant to give anonymously, simply, don't give your name and details, and when it comes to charities it is better to give in kind than to give money, so therr will be no issues.
My answer to your next question is yes, all payment will be digital soon and fiat will be obsolete, it is better to accumulate as much as you can for now, so in the future you will have a positive capital gain.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:30:33 PM

Till they have their own interest in it, they will accept it because they don't have any connection with the btcs otherwise.
I am sure they will be aware of it and they must know how to use it, as they deal with different kind of people who give them different thing as charity, so if we will give them bitcoin I am sure they will use it for the betterment of poor people,. We should increase our income by getting the blessing of poor people a small part of our bitcoin profit can help them get many things who really deserve it, so I am happily agree to share my bitcoin profit with poor people.
terbetet

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:36:48 PM

EDITED:

As for now, I do not even have that certain news that charities are up into accepting Bitcoin but maybe there are some which can be find in those countries where Bitcoin was already widely use and has been legalized. For sure charities will accept Bitcoin because it do have that value which can be converted or equal to regular currency we have and added by the fact that they are accepting anything as long as it can be useful for the sake of others. Like you, I am also up into giving some of my Bitcoins into charities but I still do have a little amount of it stored in my virtual wallet but maybe, if I will be having a great amount in my account, for sure I will be giving some to them.

As roma

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:54:01 PM

Charities are accepting btcs that means btcs are believable to them too. As otherwise they wouldnt risk it

In my opinion. Bitcoin is not a coin suitable for charity, it's more like stealing. A huge commission for transfer, how long have you been trying to throw 10 cents in bitcoin? Charity must be such that everyone has only positive emotions of action. Then by donating stocks to charity allegiance, they are able to eliminate tax exposure that benefits the capital and take a charitable reduction in the fair amount of market value of the stock.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:01:43 PM

Make sure first that your charity is legal and that all people that you transact with are trustworthy, do not just give away bitcoins since there will always be scammers and phishing sites. I agree in the idea that it is better to give anonymously and with bitcoin we can do it, the same goes with fiat, if you really eant to give anonymously, simply, don't give your name and details, and when it comes to charities it is better to give in kind than to give money, so therr will be no issues.
My answer to your next question is yes, all payment will be digital soon and fiat will be obsolete, it is better to accumulate as much as you can for now, so in the future you will have a positive capital gain.
Yeah some bad people want to try stealing Bitcoin and other cryptos like phishing, malware and doing some fake charity i think for a good charity can do it at your country by yourself. try to find some people really need help and you can charity for them

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
overseer470

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

Yes, I will donate if there is charity, Charity helps many people in need, then we need to share our  blessings to them even with just little amount it will helps them.
sepeda karat

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:56:10 PM

Fidelity Charitable is the second largest charity in the US and works with Fidelity Labs, the Fidelity Investment unit in an integration. Coinbase announced in his blog that Fidelity Charitable has partnered with him to make a donation in the form of a choice using Bitcoin.
TechnoBibble

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:02:41 PM

If that is true that charity are accepting bitcoin then that is a good sign that bitcoin is slowly spreading throughout any kind of businees, not just in the internet but also in maybe in the real market of business establishment and bitcoin maybe spreading in around the entire world market.
Karakas

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:02:42 AM

when the recipient receives money to make local money and for fiat if it disappears, a certain bitcoin will replace the fiat position. I think charity using bitcoin can happen and can be done
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:44:40 AM

If that is true that charity are accepting bitcoin then that is a good sign that bitcoin is slowly spreading throughout any kind of businees, not just in the internet but also in maybe in the real market of business establishment and bitcoin maybe spreading in around the entire world market.

Just to clear something, the charities are not type of business. That is true that bitcoin is spreading through different types of businesses but the charities are not like that because they are organization that is helping other people voluntarily and they don't need a high salary to do their job because they are offering a higher amount of love compare to their expectation in return.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:36:51 AM

now there is a charity that receives bitcoin. even mosques in london have officially received alms with bitcoin, because bitcoin is considered halal.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
IamSaitama

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:09:49 PM

If charities cannot accept bitccoins then maybe convert it to the currency of their country then send it to them. It must be costly but atleast you helped someone with your bitcoin. It would be possible if cryptocurrencies would have a physical form like paper or coin or if majority of people started to purchase items using cryptocurrencies. I see it that cryptocurrencies have the potential to be used worldwide but as time goes by cryptocurrencies double in number, new cryptocurrencies are created as months come and it would cause competition in the cryptoworld.

ContractVault.io
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██  TOKEN SALE  ❱  MAY 1st  ██ ▀▄ ■
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:20:53 PM

For me I choose to send my donation through fiat money instead of bitcoin because sending bitcoin to the charity is not a good idea since we all know that btc is volatile. So if btc will lose the value my donation will make no sense anymore, maybe not all of it will lose but as long as the value decrease and that time the charity is really in need and want to use the money they don't have a choice but to withdraw it even the price is at the dip moment.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:23:04 PM

now there is a charity that receives bitcoin. even mosques in london have officially received alms with bitcoin, because bitcoin is considered halal.
If this will happened I know many will send their love and coins for charity. This is a very good chances to help the less fortunate specialy the abandoned children. I really hope this will happened soon. I know many here in community has the heart and the well to help. If someone here can create a funds project that will help and the fundraising will be donated to charity. Its better to give than to receive and it was a very fulfilling that you were able to help someone in your own little ways.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: