Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:33:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Accepting Bitcoins?  (Read 2090 times)
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:00:10 PM

It is good if charitable institutions will be accepting bitcoins as payment. If I do have some money in the form of cryptocurrency, I may as well give some. But I have to make sure I am giving it to the right institution. We do often hear about so much corruption anywhere so there is a need to give it to the right one. As to your second question, I do not think fiat currency will disappear and only cryptocurrency will dominate everything. Remember that fiat currency is something the government controls to ascertain that the economy will not fall and create a lot of problems. While cryptocurrency is good to use but its system which makes it volatile is not good for making the economy stable enough. It cannot be controlled like fiat currency, so I think a country may not be using it as a replacement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Masleo

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:09:08 PM

Well, it's a new concept.. a good one, but I don't find it anywhere yet, but for crypto-charity? why not? Grin
SlickMoTwoToe

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:40:43 PM

It is good if charitable institutions will be accepting bitcoins as payment. If I do have some money in the form of cryptocurrency, I may as well give some. But I have to make sure I am giving it to the right institution. We do often hear about so much corruption anywhere so there is a need to give it to the right one. As to your second question, I do not think fiat currency will disappear and only cryptocurrency will dominate everything. Remember that fiat currency is something the government controls to ascertain that the economy will not fall and create a lot of problems. While cryptocurrency is good to use but its system which makes it volatile is not good for making the economy stable enough. It cannot be controlled like fiat currency, so I think a country may not be using it as a replacement.

Yes it is some charitable institutions also are accepting bitcoins, It is really convenient for them to have that in their institutions.
Samaaliu

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:50:11 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong in giving your Bitcoins for charity. But you must also ensure you teach them how to go about in with maybe trading or carrying out other transactions with it.
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:54:53 PM

As we all know that a lot of scammers are taking advantage in every possible way that might give them profit, I think creating a fake charities is a way that scammers must do also to cheat people. But if ever there are charities that accepts bitcoin in the future, I will still offer my bitcoin to help the charity but before giving it, I will do background check about the charity and visit personally so that my bitcoin will not fall into the hands of the wrong person since bitcoin transactions is only done online not like fiat wherein you can hand over the money directly to the charity leaders.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:44:37 AM

Yes it is some charitable institutions also are accepting bitcoins, It is really convenient for them to have that in their institutions.
It is also good for bitcoin not only for the institution who have been accepting bitcoin because it is helping bitcoin to have a good image that it can be also used in order to help other people and it is also helping bitcoin to be more expose in the public that it is not just an investment or asset because it can be also used to donate or help other people.
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:52:53 AM

As long as the charity have computers and internet connection ,they can always received and accept bitcoin donations from donors and benefactors that have plenty of bitcoin, and they give to charitable institution, this could be a great step from bitcoin to charity a great help.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:40:52 AM

There are now a lot of organizations and corporations that accept BTCs, so charities apply BTCs and they will convert fiat money, which will make them pay for the poor.
wolfdragon

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:42:35 AM

As long as the charity have computers and internet connection ,they can always received and accept bitcoin donations from donors and benefactors that have plenty of bitcoin, and they give to charitable institution, this could be a great step from bitcoin to charity a great help.

You have a point, but the charity still needs some knowledge about bitcoin and how to convert it to fiat also they need to know when the right time to convert it for higher income.
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:46:32 AM

I think this is a good thing, charity receiving bitcoin will make them easily get the funds because I'm sure everyone likes to help, and the presence of anonymous features like bitcoin is a good thing.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:00:18 AM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins do you prefer to give some of yours Huh

Me: I will if there is, but for now I don't have yet. Wink

EDITED:

Yeah it a hassle for now.

Another question: But what if there is fiat will be disappear in the future and crypto will conquered the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?
So is this applicable right?

Maybe in the other country they accept charity in the process of digital currency in the form of bitcoin, but here in my county that's belong only in the thirds poorest country and not legitimize,but we are free to do a crypto and our government would not strict about this, i could not heard a news or humor that some institution accepting bitcoins as a donation in my own homeland, but this will happen to the other county especially those progressive nation, then i am happy to heard about it,because this means that not only crypto for business or investment but also for helping the charitable institution.
kristineirene

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:44:46 AM

Its better just to give them cash instead of bitcoins because it would be much convenience for them to use it and they can buy right away for there needed.Let see if you will gonna pay them using bitcoin it can be very hassle to them because the price of it is volatile so there is a possibility that the price will be down so my opinion is just to give them cash
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:15:02 AM

I think this is a good thing, charity receiving bitcoin will make them easily get the funds because I'm sure everyone likes to help, and the presence of anonymous features like bitcoin is a good thing.
It is indeed a good thing to have a bitcoin for charities because the anonymity of bitcoin will help the good samaritan to remain anonymous because i believed that if you really want to help then you don't care about being credited or not because it is all about helping other people who are in need.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:20:55 AM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins do you prefer to give some of yours Huh

EDITED:

Another question: But what if there is fiat will be disappear in the future and crypto will conquered the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?

If there will be a charity who accepts bitcoin as a donation i gladly donate some of my bitcoins as gratitude to the people needs it more than me. If fiat will disappear automatically cryptocurrency has a chance to take over and all payment transactions will be on blockchain.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:00:29 AM

I think this thing will exist in the next few years. Perhaps a charity that funds blockchain related stuffs like poor children who will be enrolled in blockchain courses and they accept bitcoin for donation. I also see that there will be also alternative coins that will be accepted for other charities.
Many charities accept everything if you donate even products using in daily life they will accept that besides which currency is a big thing if you donate some money and they will accept happily. There are many charities in my country in which some accepts both products and money while some are just accepting money now the Bitcoin is a valuable cryptocurrency then who else will refuse to accept it.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 08:06:37 AM

Well good if all those who hold huge number of bitcoins will going to donate for the charity. Why because this will help the charity establish to run and keep them to help more people especially those in needs. Hopefully that charity will be ready for this and they could be able to receive and used bitcoin.
MaryClark12

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:14:21 AM

CThe charity is from each of us, if you want to charity for the facilities, I advise you to change the bitcoin you want to charity compatible amount, which makes the charity fund. Can easily control the amount of money you have charity. As in many countries, bitcoin is not widely known, so knowing and managing them is very difficult.
fabrizoc

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:33:31 AM

Why not charity is something that must be given if able and get more results. It can be done and but approval of various parties. It must be done and done automatically every how many coins in the tube what percent for practice.
Normally people use Bitcoin for investment purpose and for transaction of funds. It can also be use as payment for the stuff you buy from the store accepting Bitcoin. And yes it can also be used to donate to charities organizations but I do not think that charity organizations might accept Bitcoin or they might be able to convert it into cash for majority of people donate money from bank account to theirs.

ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:56:24 AM

Charitable donations in the form of cryptocurrencies are more convenient and faster!
Nowadays, many people don't make donations by traditional bank transfer or cash, but choose the way to donate cryptocurrencies! This has also effectively reduced the problem of corruption in philanthropy!
Jimitieu

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:44:52 PM

EDITED:

There will always be ways to help them, like trade bitcoin into food, drink. I think if you want something that can be done and it is within reach. But knowing that, when Crypto becomes popular and everthings will change, there will be no need for charity

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: