Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Advice on Investing in Crypto  (Read 3247 times)
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:15:59 AM

Advicing or gives some strategy to the traders and ofcoarse to the  newbie who are needs advice to avoid mistake decision like buying not potential coin.  Giving advice as soon as possible is very helpful. Because in my first time in cryptocurrency I lost all of my savings and after save money again and started and getting some advice and strategy I earned money now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:36:37 AM

Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

Good article and this was my favorite part. I am tired of trying to explain to people that BTC is not the only volatile stuff in the market. Look at the price of vegetables,  avocados, for instance.
Congrats on your article, thanks and +merit for you.
Thanks for your contribution.
Having a written investment strategy also implements a discipline not to make decisions when unexpected events occur. Where on speculative investment will definitely happen. Going back to your initial thinking can hinder to act emotionally for fear or greed.
Many people that consider themselves traders or investors know a thing or two about it, but they only concentrate on the tactics needed to make money, they do not concentrate on an overall strategy, they do not have a plan and without a plan then you do not know how your investments or your trades fit in any kind of long term plan and this is why most people do not reach their goals.
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:22:05 AM

Here everything is simple. If you have the desire and finances, then leave in the cry of the currency only the amount that the damage will be lost, and then calmly say that it was just an experiment and not to regret it. Everyone says about it and there is a fate of truth in this.

As for the money, here you can start with the smallest sums. The main thing here is to have a desire to work and to learn everything that is connected with the crypto.
sonofliberty

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:00:08 PM

If you are serious about the cryptocurrency, you would not sell your tokens immediately, you would not participated in this bunch of stupid worthless airdrops, you would be looking your ways that would be the best.

TheNotoriouss

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:37:44 AM

This will be very helpful because you can avoid some sort of mistakes when kind of networking with others. I prefer ICO investment right now, so I should ask will you invest this summer? What you personal projects choice? Have you heard about this project - https://medium.com/@kelvinchain/the-post-quantum-era-of-blockchain-todays-solutions-for-the-world-of-tomorrow-16bdd970f49a?
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:10:56 AM

Be patient, that is the key to your success in this market, if you do not succeed then you review your knowledge.
Patience. strategy and also experience is as a combination where we will be able to successfully invest in cryptocurrency because now without it all we will panic and loss
To invest efficiently and profitably, we have to depend on many factors. Each factors plays an important key to get success in investment field. No one can deny that investing in crypto is a big risk, but may get high profitable. I mostly propose that we should  foremost prepare an intimate knowledge to join in investing or any other fields in crypto place. I believe with a good knowledge, you will have many advantages, you would be more likely to get a right coin. Meanwhile, using your knowledge to analyze and build your own strategy. When you’re in investing environment, you gradually have experience as well as skill to next investment project. Most importantly, you’d better keep learning and reading and get away from FOMO and FUD syndrome. Let stick to your gun and change the strategy if you think it's necessary.
megatrix

Activity: 217
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:30:37 AM

Thank you for this post, very imformative and well explained. Something that can be of help to anyone in the crypto industry not just the newbies. I agree the for some time investment was just for those who have money, but come crypto currency, Bitcoin to be exact, it opened the doors for everyone who wants  to be in the investment world through various platforms, they can even earn tokens that can be converted to coins through some tasks and jobs that we can do on this forum. So now, even students, house wives, any race, gender and educational background as long as they can do and complete the tasks, they can earn some coins and be able to invest for their future.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
SaturnBay

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:42:41 AM

Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

Good article and this was my favorite part. I am tired of trying to explain to people that BTC is not the only volatile stuff in the market. Look at the price of vegetables,  avocados, for instance.
Having a written investment strategy also implements a discipline not to make decisions when unexpected events occur. Where on speculative investment will definitely happen. Going back to your initial thinking can hinder to act emotionally for fear or greed.
Many people that consider themselves traders or investors know a thing or two about it, but they only concentrate on the tactics needed to make money, they do not concentrate on an overall strategy, they do not have a plan and without a plan then you do not know how your investments or your trades fit in any kind of long term plan and this is why most people do not reach their goals.

Almost investors are amateur, they come to the crypto world to make some "easy money" without any experience in investing or knowledge about technical analysis. So something like overall strategy and plan is very strange to them. That's why most people get lost in the crypto market.
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

Ensure you invest in project that has a working product, Do not invest base on space hype or ICO review, invest base on your knowledge and understanding about the project, and what they are out to offer in the cryptocurrency space that will ensure they are relevant to the space in order to get the best value for you investment
If you are a new comer here in the crypto market then I suggest you to experience and learn about your desired source so that you get able to handle it in any market situations. Start with fewer amounts as it is your first attempt which has its difficulties besides other so you will not feel any worry about your invested money and your full focus will be on your decisions and process.
lehuong

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:56:55 AM

If you invest in the crypto market you should be self-confident and wait for the necessary times as the waiting will give you more opportunities for you to have more wonderful and you should be confident....
jhoothmain

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:58:07 AM

You gave some decent suggestions and I agree with most of them.

In the initial stages of job or business , it is very important to control spending habits. Otherwise, a person will never be able to accumulate wealth. Most of the people spend money on buying things on EMI. For investing in crypto, most important thing required is patience.
Edwardseven

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:52:59 AM

One example ia that,When you buy/sell via an exchange, try to use limit orders (try not to use market orders). On some exchanges, like GDAX, limit orders have lower fees than market orders. On GDAX, limit orders are free as long as they don’t fill immediately. Meanwhile, market orders result in a .3% fee, which is better than the 1.4% that Coinbase charges but not as good as 0%, especially if you are day trading. If your exchange rewards you for using certain order types, aim to use them.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:06:19 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

Being an investor doesn’t mean that you should quit your job, you can be an investor and still continue your main job of whatever it is that you are doing. Another thing people has to know is that there will always not be profit, mistakes and loss do occur. The price of Bitcoin will not only be going up.

There are times it will also go down, I’m saying this cause most of these investors I’m seeing here, especially newbies think that the price of Bitcoin will be going up only and not fall down, I want them to know they are wrong. And just like the op said, let’s learn to work smartly.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:58:32 AM

Almost investors are amateur, they come to the crypto world to make some "easy money" without any experience in investing or knowledge about technical analysis. So something like overall strategy and plan is very strange to them. That's why most people get lost in the crypto market.
It is sad but it is the truth, many people come here thinking they are going to make money without any effort and that is impossible, I wonder why they think that way? Maybe is it the media? I navigate with most ads blocked but when I use the computer of somebody else I see ads about bitcoin and how they can make a fortune that way, maybe that is what it is causing the confusion.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:13:43 AM

This thread was posted in March this year.   After this post market faced downward trend.  But now again the market is looking upwards.  This strategy will definitely be guiding factor if some one starts / enters the market this time. 
Risk factor is the issue which should be kept in mind while investing.  Only surplus funds need to be invested.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:48:40 AM

yes, better put money on bitcoin or altcoin to invest. the next few years we will get a lot of results. crypto currency will never be stable, they will increase every year.
we will be rich if investing in bitcoin, at this time already many people who start investing in bitcoin as the next few months prices in the market will recover.

tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:31:28 AM

My advice on investing to some Crypto you like you carefully choose your currency you like to invest with your money. To prevent from losing it in a wrong currency that you will sure you won't regret it that you invest into that currency in the future.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:42:44 AM

according to me after reading your thread that I can conclude is you must be patient to see situation and condition of place of exchange and do not easy to be influenced to sell asset at cheap price.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:39:36 AM

For me, the best thing to do in order to become successful with your goal is by doing a study and familiarization of each planned coin for consideration on the investment. Analyze the market trend and further study the price history chart as your reference in your analysis. With this, I truly believe that the risk could now be lessen since you already understand how btc and altcoins works in the market. One last thing, have patience when you are involved with crypto currency and do not let your emotion thrive when you make a decision.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:37:55 PM

The most fundamental thing when investing is to prepare for losses because the risk always comes to shadow the investors, then the second is do not put all the eggs in the same basket, must know everything I mean, and the last is do not forget to be grateful with the way sharing to others either in the form of material or science because it will be very useful,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: