Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Increasing number of celebrities endorsing cryptocurrency  (Read 2605 times)
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:04:45 AM

It's a good news indeed, we need this type of news as this is some sort of motivation especially now that the market is bloody red. I believe prior to this there have been other celebrities that endorsed bitcoin. Some of them are:
1. 50 Cent (Rapper)
2. Nas
3. Richard Branson (Virgin Group founder)
4. Ashton Kutcher
5. Katy Perry
6. Floyd Mayweather
7. DJ Khaled
8. Mike Tyson
9. Jamie Foxx

You are totally missing the point. These celebrities are creating their own Alt coin and this is not helping Bitcoin when people

are not investing their money into Bitcoin, but rather into these CelebCoins. This will fracture the Bitcoin user base and also

decrease Bitcoin adoption. I think this is a bad idea and a FAD that will blow over in no time.  Angry
I'll one up you and say it is the stupidest idea that these celebrities could think of. They could make money in loads of ways but they are just literally using their name to get riches, makes me sick. Take Pablo Escobar brother for example, do you think Diet Bitcoin stands any chance of being real? I highly doubt it, and if I had to guess I would say it may be used to launder money. Same can't be said for the rest of the stars, but still down right disgusting behavior if you ask me.
We always follow out celebrities. Many times we are buying many things in grocery store only for the reason that our beloved and likely celebrity have advertised them. Same psychology is being used here. Sometime many exchanges are taking celebrating in their ads and hence people are more orienting towards that coins and exchanges. This is really a fantastic step by these amazing people for an amazing coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:53:41 PM

This is a good point of view for all of us that not only the ordinary people are using or endorsing or promoting bitcoin or cryptocurrency but also the celebrities and since they are so popular and they can influence easily to their fans and to the other people then we ca expect more positive growth for bitcoin in the future which is a very great thing to expect.
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:59:53 PM

Sincerely I see this as an abuse of the cryptocurrency ideals. What's the economic use of celebrity a endorsed coins? What real value does it have?
I feel there's no need for this.

torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 02:01:56 PM

That's good. Popular people are interested in coins and seeing the value of it. Their popularity can give big impact to Bitcoin.

gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

Yes, this will certainly boost the popularity of bitcoin, i guess there are many more celebrities who secretely are into bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Anonymously, making more money because of their huge capital. Too bad, those celebrities you have mentioned are not anonymous now.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:42:15 PM

This is one big huge promotion for cryptocurrency. I think the more the word is out there with celebrities' image on cryptcurrencies
will really make it popular and boost it's coverage in the process. This people are insanely rich and to be involved with this kind of
innovation will surely allure and bring in more people to learn more and get into the crypto bandwagon. If this keeps up, maybe
ICOs will have celebrities tweet and post about them and they will meet their caps much faster and success will come knocking.
Generally this brings in a wide range awareness to people and delivering a clear and sound message that cryptocurrency is one
serious business and it's open to all.
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Michael Owen is launching a cryptocurrency in his own name, joining other famous sportsmen including Manny Pacquiao in a new venture to connect with fans.

The retired England star announced Wednesday his investment in the Singapore-based Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX) as he unveiled the “Owen Coin”.

http://punchng.com/ex-england-star-michael-owen-to-launch-own-cryptocurrency/amp/

Could this be a booster to cryptocurrency because these celebrities have big influence world wide and could invariably canvass more support for cryptocurrency.

Well, I believe that this can really be a big booster for the cryptocurreny industry since a lot of people will actually follow and believe people that they idolize more than the really knowledgeable ones. This can lead into a domino effect of more famous personalities to accept offers to promote different cryptos which can then cause a huge traffic of investors from all over the world in the cryptocurrency industry. It would be pretty clear that whatever ICO out there that would have great devs and famous promoters will really become successful ICOs IMO.
Tosin12 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 09:48:12 PM

It's a good news indeed, we need this type of news as this is some sort of motivation especially now that the market is bloody red. I believe prior to this there have been other celebrities that endorsed bitcoin. Some of them are:
1. 50 Cent (Rapper)
2. Nas
3. Richard Branson (Virgin Group founder)
4. Ashton Kutcher
5. Katy Perry
6. Floyd Mayweather
7. DJ Khaled
8. Mike Tyson
9. Jamie Foxx
  that's good of you bringing up every other celebrities you know that have endorsed bitcoin.  Let's keep up adding to the list it can be source of inspiration and motivation to potential and intending investors
Roachgo04

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:31:36 PM

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Michael Owen is launching a cryptocurrency in his own name, joining other famous sportsmen including Manny Pacquiao in a new venture to connect with fans.

The retired England star announced Wednesday his investment in the Singapore-based Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX) as he unveiled the “Owen Coin”.

http://punchng.com/ex-england-star-michael-owen-to-launch-own-cryptocurrency/amp/

Could this be a booster to cryptocurrency because these celebrities have big influence world wide and could invariably canvass more support for cryptocurrency.
Wow! That is a great news for crypto enthussiasts like us. As an avid fan of different celebrities, what they will endorse will follow by their fans. If that happens, it might lead to a dominance of cryptocurrency all over the world. The power to promote is upon how the person is fame and it is good to know that many celebrities are open to do this.
coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

I think a big impact that some celebrity is joining or promote cryptocurrencies and big help to the they choose and I think it will successful because of the help of this celebrities.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:51:33 PM

I think a big impact that some celebrity is joining or promote cryptocurrencies and big help to the they choose and I think it will successful because of the help of this celebrities.

It won't be that big. Don't get me wrong, more potential exposure for Bitcoin is always a good thing, but this market is already filled with get rich quick noobs. It's literally infested. On top of that, celebrities are only out to 'promote' something because they are invested, and that's becoming more clear by the day. It's almost impossible to find high level individuals that are actually out to promote Bitcoin's technological aspects, where the only thing they currently are doing is diving into ICO's, or having their own ICO created. That's a sign of greed, and will not contribute to growth, long term speaking -- as quick as these get rich quick noobs came, they go....
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

This won't help at all. He's just creating his own coin. His goodwill is worthless in the crypto world. He is a soccer player for fuck sake. How do you expect the market to react to some random soccer player creating his own coins. Celebrities have endorsed and done a lot of cryptocurrencies related stuff but that never affected the market did it? People take bad things more seriously than good things.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:13:35 PM

It won't be that big. Don't get me wrong, more potential exposure for Bitcoin is always a good thing, but this market is already filled with get rich quick noobs. It's literally infested. On top of that, celebrities are only out to 'promote' something because they are invested, and that's becoming more clear by the day. It's almost impossible to find high level individuals that are actually out to promote Bitcoin's technological aspects, where the only thing they currently are doing is diving into ICO's, or having their own ICO created. That's a sign of greed, and will not contribute to growth, long term speaking -- as quick as these get rich quick noobs came, they go....

I don't think all those celebrities are invested into the ICOs, probably some of them are just paid to promote the token/coin. Though, I remember Mayweather was promoting some ICO for a credit card, but when that ICO turned scam, Mayweather quickly deleted the post on his instagram.

On other news, I read some crypto projects where they are really creating tokens in the name of the celebrity. I read about Pacquiao making a PacCoin, or something like that. They say it will be used to buy their merchandise. Which is complete BS to be honest. It has nothing to do with it. They are all just joining the bandwagon indeed.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:40:46 PM

Thats sounds a good news for everyone both in crypto community and to those people who don't have knowledge about it, keeps on thinking that bitcoin or other digital currencies are scam.This will probably help the growth of popularity of adopting cryptocurrencies anywhere in the world.Celebritiess were the best asset of promoting virtual currencies.
 I have heard that our very own Manny Pacquiao want also to make his own ICO and i can see that Filipinos will look crypto as positive aspect in the community since it is not totally known in our country this would be a big help so that cryptocurrency would be recognized.

Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:39:13 AM

I think celebrities have little interest in bitcoin and its technology, they just want to get some of the popularity due to the hyip on the bitcoin happening at the moment. Or simply to earn money for advertising of any project in the crypto industry.
Harper6

Activity: 255
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:35:35 PM

That's good. Popular people are interested in coins and seeing the value of it. Their popularity can give big impact to Bitcoin.
Yes it makes everything well managed when well known people involve something, so if well known celebrities will get into bitcoin then price of bitcoin will be positively affected by this. Not only the celebrities but even the ordinary people involvement makes the price of bitcoin high within few days, we should increase the publicity of bitcoin for better result and famous celebrities can play vital role of the development of bitcoin price, so for me I is the best news for bitcoin investors.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

Another one of the many coins which will end up been a stone or shitcoin soon. What exactly will establishing a coin in his name gain for blockchain technology. Many people are just into bitcoin or cryptocurrency because of the money and nothing else. If it was a general coin that would be used in making payments to all footballers. I would personally invest in it but with this, it a shit coin.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:57:29 PM

Crypto currencies endorsing by celebrities will make more awareness to people, however, I am not a fan of celebrities or well known personalities endorsing their own coin/token.

I was fascinated with technologies behind in every token/coin.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:26:14 PM

A lot of celebrities just want to make a hype on this.
They want more popularity, more articles in magazines etc.
Perhaps you are right and celebrities are just trying to become more popular, but this situation is worth looking at from the other side. Any celebrity has a large number of fans and just those who follow their personal lives and when one of these celebrities claims the use of crypto currency, then by increasing its popularity it helps to become popular and crypto currency among its fans. This is a kind of mutual PR. Recently saw the news that Floyd Mayweather also advertised some crypto currency, just do not remember which one. I believe that such cases only help popularize crypto currencies and encourage people to start interested in and learn about blockchain technology and the principle of crypto currency operation.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:51:45 PM

Michael Owen is a big celebrity with big and massive fans around the globe.
Creating a personalized coin would definitely boost the lucrativeness of crypt
coins especially among the sports fans.Most of these fans are teaming youths
who are quite energetic and enthusiastic about life.Hence, they shall support the
course of crypto coins of Owen and expand its popularity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: